The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Holy trichs on leaf stems Batman!!

Looks great Icemann! 5 weeks looks to be about on par with where you are at now. Predicting auto's is difficult because they all mature a little differently, and seldom reflect estimated breeder finishing times.

Oh, and no way to tell the strain brother, but she does look to have a bit of Sativa dominance in her, so she might push that 5 weeks a little longer.

:thumb:

Bam a week later
60ebce5fd22cf825fe8ca9ec764bf1cd.jpg
b6bdac9f24549e7887a02d4ebd4b3903.jpg
19adefd2b34494858e89f4cced306ee3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She is looking so good not long now Wish I would have waited longer for plant of the month .now I can't update my photo with all this craziness

How to top with step by step pictures.

Mine was topped around day 14 at the third node. Strain is Northern lights from royal queen seeds. Real good, trustworthy genetics on this one, I would definately recommend.

Pre snip
420-magazine-mobile1295975275.jpg

Mid snip
420-magazine-mobile797189147.jpg

Post snip
420-magazine-mobile495455107.jpg

420-magazine-mobile785931562.jpg

Happy topping guys and gals.

She is looking so good not long now Wish I would have waited longer for plant of the month .now I can't update my photo with all this craziness

The trichomes are so abundant on all part of that bud, amazing job iceman:thumb: glad you updated us with the pics here though. Thanks for sharing brother :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

How to top with step by step pictures.

Mine was topped around day 14 at the third node. Strain is Northern lights from royal queen seeds. Real good, trustworthy genetics on this one, I would definately recommend.

Pre snip
420-magazine-mobile1295975275.jpg

Mid snip
420-magazine-mobile797189147.jpg

Post snip
420-magazine-mobile495455107.jpg

420-magazine-mobile785931562.jpg

Happy topping guys and gals.

Beautiful depiction aotearoa, thanks for reposting those. :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:

Hello all :ciao: :love:

Need some advice from everyone. This is Patty

20170112_224949.jpg

She looks good to me ;) I think the stretch is about over but what do I know...she just seems to be slowing in vertical growth as the pistols really start to get going. :smokin:

20170112_225019.jpg

20170112_225240.jpg

My question is, I would like to give her another lst session to try to even the canopy out one last time, it has some places I could fill in and I think the plant would respond well to it but is it time to leave it alone for a while since she still has 4 to 5 weeks to go?

Another question I have for all you auto growers, when the breeder card says it can be harvested in 56-64 days from seed, how true does that seem to be. I would think that since they are breeders things would naturally be faster for them as they are experts. I however am not...I'm thinking at least 75-80 days is probable for my plant. Whats everyone's experience been so far?

Thanks all and happy growing :love:

Hello all :ciao: :love:

Need some advice from everyone. This is Patty

20170112_224949.jpg

She looks good to me ;) I think the stretch is about over but what do I know...she just seems to be slowing in vertical growth as the pistols really start to get going. :smokin:

20170112_225019.jpg

20170112_225240.jpg

My question is, I would like to give her another lst session to try to even the canopy out one last time, it has some places I could fill in and I think the plant would respond well to it but is it time to leave it alone for a while since she still has 4 to 5 weeks to go?

Another question I have for all you auto growers, when the breeder card says it can be harvested in 56-64 days from seed, how true does that seem to be. I would think that since they are breeders things would naturally be faster for them as they are experts. I however am not...I'm thinking at least 75-80 days is probable for my plant. Whats everyone's experience been so far?

Thanks all and happy growing :love:

Seedbanks begin to end amoint time for autos are usually off not by a whole lot but they're never exact. Every growers and every grow conditions are different from someone's tent than in there lab testing perfect environment. I've had some that go sooner than they'd suggested and some that have gone for more than a 140 days. So it's a pretty big ballpark. That's why when topping autos is knowing what your strain will do is rule #1.

Tge stems look pretty hard and bouncy, be very careful to not split the stem connection and you could spread the tallest ones flatter slightly. but unless the stems are soft which they shouldn't be, bending is now becoming breaking.. If you get what I'm saying, let me know if that has... Looking great there :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:

My growth increased exponentially when i topped my girls this time... Its very strain dependant.. Some like the abuse and some dont.. Its always a learning curve with a new strain.. Topping definitely will increase your yield though, so an extra week or so is no big deal when your concerned about yield...
Cheers

Dream Berry was topped yesterday, no ill affects 24 hrs later. It seemed like she was slowing down but after topping she's grown an inch. Pretty sure both her and Cherry Bomb are in the stretch!! Bloom nutes to come next feed!

Dreamer
00e1399b7f8b75fb6f07da408d2a9ea6.jpg

Cherry
91c4634dc8650ceeb7bf7d598027e872.jpg

Happy Topping and Happy Growing all!!

My growth increased exponentially when i topped my girls this time... Its very strain dependant.. Some like the abuse and some dont.. Its always a learning curve with a new strain.. Topping definitely will increase your yield though, so an extra week or so is no big deal when your concerned about yield...
Cheers

Yes that's very true sometimes it can be hit and miss I read that my strain should not be topped it kind of stated DONT DO IT IT WONT LIKE IT AND WONT DO GOOD but got the opposite results and she loved it every one haha

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Happy growing .

42cafc399e8bd78ea5d583309fb415a7.jpg
141c846d7120169610e55e74150214c3.jpg
e99f88e018127fd1d8d4b3f15cbeda47.jpg

Hempy 12ltr bucket vs 12ltr pot both germ same day both Seedsman NL bothe fed same nutes both topped on day 15 (yesterday)

Yes, this. Supercropping is definitely HST and i wouldn't do this autos as it can slow things down considerably. Some strains could possibly take it and run with it tho. Autos (some) are definitely more resilient than i was lead to believe for a long time.

Funny, BT was the same strain i was talking about. It has at least 2 very different phenos that i know of. I love the smoke off of them tho. Its what ive been running off of for the past month or so and its a great energetic high. The tall one was very sativa-like and really blew my brain out of my head. Matterbof fact,I am waiting on my seed order now ( just got to customs today) and i had had had to buy a few more of them.
I got one out of 6 plants tgat shot up and at day 20 she was over 20 cm taller than all the rest which kind forced me into topping, did a cut at 3rd node and she took it like a champ. Still the strongest of the 6 and she made kinda 'double' buds on the branches that shot up from below! This is an auto-critical.

420-magazine-mobile528325628.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

About another week or so I'll be topping my Mephisto autos can't wait they have noticeable growth since I gave them a light schedule as they was on 24/7 for seedling stage now on 20/4

Happy growing .
I reduced to 18/6 after first two weeks at 20/4. So far so good :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks in advance for any help. This is my first post and my last indoor grow was 35 years ago. I couldn't tell you what the outcome was 35 years ago as I was a teenager just messing around. I have 2 Dutch passion blue auto Mazar at day 12 in 3 gallon fabric pots. The light is a mars 2 1600 on 20/4. The soil is a LOS. My first question is does anybody have any experience with this strain? It doesn't look to me at 12 days it will be ready to be topped at the 4th node anytime soon. Should this plant be a little further along for 12 days?

IMG_031443.JPG

Back
Top Bottom