The New Autoflower Topping Thread

If your bending/breaking the stem to allow for easier manipulation that is called super cropping. This can be done at any stage in the plants life. It's a stop gap measure during flower if you run out of space due to stretch. Lst involves only mild manipulation of the branches to, ie : to give them a guiding hand to allow for you to create a work of art. At least that's how I like to think of it. Makes sense?
Yes, this. Supercropping is definitely HST and i wouldn't do this autos as it can slow things down considerably. Some strains could possibly take it and run with it tho. Autos (some) are definitely more resilient than i was lead to believe for a long time.

My ones stretched so oddly only two got really tall oh and the transplant one that one is still stretching the blue treacle genetics are a bit ropey but they have come
Out good none the less

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Funny, BT was the same strain i was talking about. It has at least 2 very different phenos that i know of. I love the smoke off of them tho. Its what ive been running off of for the past month or so and its a great energetic high. The tall one was very sativa-like and really blew my brain out of my head. Matterbof fact,I am waiting on my seed order now ( just got to customs today) and i had had had to buy a few more of them.

Snid...I think your doing an awesome job so far an I am truly glad you took up the challenge of running this thread.I'm sure it can't be easy to take something over like this. I am sure this thread will help anyone achieve success with auto's...I'll be around all I can.
:thanks:

Alright, time for the next question....nutes

I have ff grow big and tiger bloom...both plants have had a half strength feeding of grow big at week 3 and caramel has had a full strength feeding of tiger bloom on Sat.....That may have been a little to much as some of the tips may show a little burn....I have to wait until lights on to take a peek. What kinda of feeding schedule should I use....I think I'm just suppose to be using tiger bloom going forward...every other feeding?

I have no clue about nutes....none :helpsmilie:

:circle-of-love:

Lights have been on 18/6 since they went into soil. And I've been spreading the tips, I saw it in somebody's thread and thought it was a good idea. So far I've been keeping my MH 144R at 24", both switches on. Not really much I can do in regard to LST just yet they are still quite short (CB 4" and DB about 3", but very closely internoded (if that makes sense) as you can see. Will I stunt them or cause problems if I start tie down LST while the girls are stretching? From scouring other journals I'm wondering if I did something wrong. My ladies are awfully short compared to all the other ladies I've seen out there.. They're kinda droopy, but at attention they're about an inch taller.

Cherry Bomb

e5465f3e89736ef56856c32213880bd5.jpg

Dream Berry

3ff54a3aca74900b079911b5115a0de5.jpg

She hasnt had water in 2 days, she was topped yesterday though. Lights have been out for an hour and a half. 70% RH when i opened the tent and like 69 F. Abnormally low temp and high RH compared to the rest of their life. The Dreamer and Blue Treacle got 32 oz straight h2o tonite so thats possibly why such high RH. Cherry wasnt dry so she got skipped.

Snid...I think your doing an awesome job so far an I am truly glad you took up the challenge of running this thread.I'm sure it can't be easy to take something over like this. I am sure this thread will help anyone achieve success with auto's...I'll be around all I can.

Alright, time for the next question....nutes

I have ff grow big and tiger bloom...both plants have had a half strength feeding of grow big at week 3 and caramel has had a full strength feeding of tiger bloom on Sat.....That may have been a little to much as some of the tips may show a little burn....I have to wait until lights on to take a peek. What kinda of feeding schedule should I use....I think I'm just suppose to be using tiger bloom going forward...every other feeding?

I have no clue about nutes....none :helpsmilie:

:circle-of-love:
Thanks very much BCkush, it is definitely more work than I expected. It's like I have another job outside of my actual work life. But I am enjoying every post, and everyone great examples and information. Consider my brain picked... OK then, onto nutrients. I've elaborated a little on this subject in the Autoflower Growers Unite thread yesterday, you can take a look there for some insight. But I'll try to explain it it brief here.
foxfarm11.jpg

This us your basic feeding schedule for the Fox farms lineup. You're following this to a tee for the most part, except you have to judge for yourself where your plants are on that time line with every feeding.(since autos can cover a two week period on that chart in less than one) It's definitely not an exact science when it comes to autos since they all have different grow times and hiccups along the way. So seedling stage is self evident and not an issue, I hope lol... So we move to vegetation stage, for photos this could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a year of repeating their week 4 schedule. But for autos you keep going with this step until you see preflowers, at which point I would Introduce a transition with some tiger blood and grow big. Not to make things complicated but this is where it gets tricky. I wouldn't stop the grow big until the Stretch is finished, which is opposed to what they suggested in their chart. Then once vertical growth has stopped you can cut out the grow big and go with bloom only nutes. Then as she gets nearer to her harvest date you can cut it back gradually until your preharvest flush date. This will help reduce the nutrients that are required to be removed from the media during said flush. We'll that's what I've got for you tonight, if you need more information let me know... I'll be quite honest brother, Google is your best tool for alot of the specific manufacturers guidelines on feedings. The main thing to remember is that you need to be aware of where your autoflower plant is according to their photoperiod feeding schedule. :thumb:

Lights have been on 18/6 since they went into soil. And I've been spreading the tips, I saw it in somebody's thread and thought it was a good idea. So far I've been keeping my MH 144R at 24", both switches on. Not really much I can do in regard to LST just yet they are still quite short (CB 4" and DB about 3", but very closely internoded (if that makes sense) as you can see. Will I stunt them or cause problems if I start tie down LST while the girls are stretching? From scouring other journals I'm wondering if I did something wrong. My ladies are awfully short compared to all the other ladies I've seen out there.. They're kinda droopy, but at attention they're about an inch taller.

Cherry Bomb

e5465f3e89736ef56856c32213880bd5.jpg

Dream Berry

3ff54a3aca74900b079911b5115a0de5.jpg
This is the benefit of low stress training, it doesn't have any real adverse effects at any stage of growth. I just spread open one of my White Widow Autos(midflower) using garden ties to allow more light into the center of the canopy. As long as nothing gets broken, they'll reward you for Making their life better. More light equals more buds, if the light can't reach the inner sanctum of the canopy then your losing yield. Controlling the Stretch is a huge part of low stress training, it is extremely beneficial at that stage.
Your ladies are primed for some training now, I wouldn't wait much longer because the stems will harden and it will be harder for you to manipulate them the way you want. Instead of bending them you'll be just spreading the shoots apart from each other to allow the light in. Did you see my corkscrew challenge plant. She started low stress training on like day 4 lol... It's never too late and it's never to early to start doing it. It's all about being careful and planning out a general idea of what your trying to achieve with your training. After the topping, it only takes a few days for the new growth tips to be large enough to manipulate safely. Gentle bending and then eventually staking of the branches trying to keep everything level as possible to maximize the use of light. Cool?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid....I found that img after I made the post earlier :love:

Omg....the grow sheet on caramel said she responds well to heavy feedings..I gave her 4 tsp per gal of tiger bloom on Sat :thedoubletake:...oops, maybe that was too heavy....she seems great though...no sign of any burn :thumb: She will need to be watered tomorrow...Straight water!!!

Where does everyone stand on defol.....How much...how often....I would guess no more defol after stretch is over? I try not to take to much....just if the leaf is covering a good bud site. What I have done so far seems to be doing great but I don't want to over do it or continue to do it to late.

Thanks Snid....I found that img after I made the post earlier :love:

Omg....the grow sheet on caramel said she responds well to heavy feedings..I gave her 4 tsp per gal of tiger bloom on Sat :thedoubletake:...oops, maybe that was too heavy....she seems great though...no sign of any burn :thumb: She will need to be watered tomorrow...Straight water!!!

Where does everyone stand on defol.....How much...how often....I would guess no more defol after stretch is over? I try not to take to much....just if the leaf is covering a good bud site. What I have done so far seems to be doing great but I don't want to over do it or continue to do it to late.

Everyone's different with defoliation practises. With autos it's a little better to do as little as possible until later in flower. Like you said remove those which are blocking budsites, but even then I'll wait until they are mature enough to benefit from that light. As they are growing and stretching I like to leave them in the shade to promote faster elongation as it tries to find the light. This will all9w them to catch up to the mains.... Imo... It's what works for me. 2 cents given, I'm sure there's varying opinions on this subject for sure. Don't be shy to give your opinions everyone, we're here to share ideas.

Yes, this. Supercropping is definitely HST and i wouldn't do this autos as it can slow things down considerably. Some strains could possibly take it and run with it tho. Autos (some) are definitely more resilient than i was lead to believe for a long time.

Funny, BT was the same strain i was talking about. It has at least 2 very different phenos that i know of. I love the smoke off of them tho. Its what ive been running off of for the past month or so and its a great energetic high. The tall one was very sativa-like and really blew my brain out of my head. Matterbof fact,I am waiting on my seed order now ( just got to customs today) and i had had had to buy a few more of them.

Yea I can't wait to have a smoke and try what it tastes like I've got short stumpy ones were they are really thick colas medium thick with half y'all and then really tall ones I may get some more in future depending what harvest is like I even supercropped a few of them
And they took really well to it and they are so used to a defol now it doesn't even shock them one bit except one strangely .

So i did a little training (maybe i dont know what the hell im doing though .). I clipped a coat hanger and made some hooks and just hooked the secondary and pushed down. Im a noob at traing so please if im f**king up let me know so i can reverse this.

Cherry
552353da184591b63941bde6f7d5d2db.jpg

Dreamer
10ed3f867e681448c51367b4be611338.jpg

Cherry was topped (Sunday) the Dreamer is still too clogged up in there. I keep trying to part her hair on top but its just not ready yet. Im starting to think she will be too far along to chance it the way pistils are popping. Patiently waiting.......

So i did a little training (maybe i dont know what the hell im doing though .). I clipped a coat hanger and made some hooks and just hooked the secondary and pushed down. Im a noob at traing so please if im f**king up let me know so i can reverse this.

Cherry

Dreamer

Looks great, the only thing I have to offer is be careful how far down you pull your branches, if your not careful you will tear one off the main stem..I learned that the hard way, so now i train them straight out for a day or so and then pull them down some over a day or two so not to stress the joint. just my .02

:goodjob:

Looks great, the only thing I have to offer is be careful how far down you pull your branches, if your not careful you will tear one off the main stem..I learned that the hard way, so now i train them straight out for a day or so and then pull them down some over a day or two so not to stress the joint. just my .02

:goodjob:

Thanks for the heads up. The stems/stalks seemed quite pliable and I've been supplementing silica (ArmorSI by GH) through foliar feeding and regular feeds. To my understanding doesn't it have strengthening affects?

Thanks for the heads up. The stems/stalks seemed quite pliable and I've been supplementing silica (ArmorSI by GH) through foliar feeding and regular feeds. To my understanding doesn't it have strengthening affects?

I'm not sure...don't know anything about that product.

I didn't notice until I was looking at the plant one day and the only thing growing on that node was the tip....seemed odd to me.....A little investigating revealed the tear at the main stem...oops...lesson learned and ended up removing the whole branch.

Hi I wanna join the gallery. :ciao:

My home made seed is an CannaBioGen Auto pollinated with an ACE seeds Orient Express.

I have grown 3 or 4 to flower so far. If it doesnt flower at 2-3 weeks as an auto, it has been showing flower just after 4 weeks from the quickness in the orient express.

I am gonna go back and read from the beginning. THX Snid:Namaste:

Cherry

Dreamer
You don't need to bend them down so much, just keep them going out straight. Once the top growth tips start going you'll keep those horizontal aswell, and allow the lower branches to rise up and become as even as possible with the top ones. If pistils are already popping then your training is most important because the Stretch is about to commence, keep things staked until the vertical growth stops. I'm tired so if that didn't make sense I'm sorry lol. Looking good though, keep up the good work :thumb:

Silica is a very important micro nutrient that makes the stems and leaves more resilient and when they get older and thicker they will be much stronger due to the silica intake throughout the grow. I feed silicate with every feeding starting after the seedling stage.

Hi I wanna join the gallery. :ciao:
My home made seed is an CannaBioGen Auto pollinated with an ACE seeds Orient Express.

I have grown 3 or 4 to flower so far. If it doesnt flower at 2-3 weeks as an auto, it has been showing flower just after 4 weeks from the quickness in the orient express.

I am gonna go back and read from the beginning. THX Snid:Namaste:
Your mighty welcome keltic, this is the right spot for some reading. We're just getting started here on this thread, so information is a little light. But we can improve that day by day. Your strain sounds sic, glad you came to share and learn with us. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom