The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Okay, I decided to top and post it here to see how I did for my first time.

Before:
420-magazine-mobile1461935065.jpg

After and snippet:
420-magazine-mobile2137539763.jpg

420-magazine-mobile371584473.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1759117646.jpg
Looks good, them shoots will come up out of there now, my autos exploded with growth after being topped...️

Is it safe to top once you see the first pistils?
How about a light defoliation or LST ?
I wouldn't top once I seen pistils, if I was going to top a auto it would be early, like around the 15 day Mark but make sure auto is healthy when you top, can't afford to stress it. I would definitely recommend lst, keep ev tied down with pipe cleaners and keep your canopy as even as possible. I also done light defo and my autos done great with it but I wouldn't defo to heavy, I definitely very light. Hope this helps, best of luck to you...️

I wouldn't top once I seen pistils, if I was going to top a auto it would be early, like around the 15 day Mark but make sure auto is healthy when you top, can't afford to stress it. I would definitely recommend lst, keep ev tied down with pipe cleaners and keep your canopy as even as possible. I also done light defo and my autos done great with it but I wouldn't defo to heavy, I definitely very light. Hope this helps, best of luck to you...️
What if i used a trellis ?

I have seen alot off people use trellis net but I have never used one, I really just helps you train so that would work...️
I think I'm going to try it with autos . What ill do is just gently weave the branches through the squares instead of hammering the plant down and stressing it out alot . I'd like to open that canopy and not squish it down like you would traditionally

Wow, after 2 days of reading this on and off I am having knowledge overload. I really appreciate all the great advice and help you all offer to those of us just starting out. I took the info on topping and FIM and LST and am applying it to my photo period plants. I did just order some auto seeds just to see how they will perform in my grow and can't wait to get my photos out of the veg tent into the flower tent so I can germinate these autos(2 Fast 2 Vast and some Berry Bomb strains). I will throw some pics up once I get them going and ready to top and train. Thanks again for the advice and patience shown on 420. You guys, and gals are great.

Sidewinder has a question....if after topping at the fourth node,can she be topped again after the split gets a node or two?
U can try, what size pot is she in???

Looking good everybody :)
I recently started my latest grow and Im trying to manifold them all. ive had great success on a few plants during my last grows with this method, the plants I used it on were a lot nicer then the one with normal topping and LST .
I dont know how it will go and I am also experimenting a little so will see how it goes :)
I have chosen some seeds from dutch passion : Daiquiri Lime , Think Big and BlackBerry Kush , tho something happend and i think I mixed up the seeds a little :)
I am growing in coco and autopots with the PERFECT SUN 1000 LED light .

i have just topped the first one to the 3rd node and cleared everything below, will see how it goes :)

happy growing everyone :)

I will also top one at the second node just to see how it goes, a little experiment
IMG_306523.JPG
IMG_306620.JPG
IMG_306722.JPG
IMG_301815.JPG
IMG_307222.JPG

High guys i was just wondering what strain for autos will yield me the most ive tried a few like blueberry auto dark devil auto red poison auto and another 1 way back but can't remember what it was but the biggest yield ive gotten so far was about 21 or so grams also im guna be using remo nutes in sunshine mix #4 soil under a 1000w cob light im guna run one or 2 of my red poison autos that I have on hand and see if i cant get things doing better then my previous tries which b4 wen i tried them i was growing them in a los mix for a medium this time i will be using nutes so maybe this will go better but yea if any1 could tell me of some heavey yielding auto strains i would greatly appreciate it thank you

High guys i was just wondering what strain for autos will yield me the most ive tried a few like blueberry auto dark devil auto red poison auto and another 1 way back but can't remember what it was but the biggest yield ive gotten so far was about 21 or so grams also im guna be using remo nutes in sunshine mix #4 soil under a 1000w cob light im guna run one or 2 of my red poison autos that I have on hand and see if i cant get things doing better then my previous tries which b4 wen i tried them i was growing them in a los mix for a medium this time i will be using nutes so maybe this will go better but yea if any1 could tell me of some heavey yielding auto strains i would greatly appreciate it thank you
Auto ultimate or glueberry auto

Back
Top Bottom