The VipersNest Continuous

the res was warm for a week, the burner episode was 8 hrs..I dont think its just one thing but anything is possible

A reservoir at 68 to 72 degrees F is ideal for any grow method that I am aware of. I'm interested to see the results of your intervention. One of my favorite things about E&F is that res temps did not need to be so tightly controlled ... or so I thought.

yes we all have dumb stoner moments. and we tend to over think things to the point we over look some of the most obivious stuff.

i told you, you would figure it out pit. and a second set of eyes are always a plus t point out the obivious shit we overlook...

so are you just gonna move the res back? or grab a chiller? both? idk. just curious of your plan of action. it seems like most of the other plants are liking the higher ppms. so maybe cool off the res and lower the ppms for a week. and see if they come back. then bam back on schedule. this might slow you down for a second, but youll be back on track. im sure youll still blow everyone away with this grow

yes we all have dumb stoner moments. and we tend to over think things to the point we over look some of the most obivious stuff.

i told you, you would figure it out pit. and a second set of eyes are always a plus t point out the obivious shit we overlook...

so are you just gonna move the res back? or grab a chiller? both? idk. just curious of your plan of action. it seems like most of the other plants are liking the higher ppms. so maybe cool off the res and lower the ppms for a week. and see if they come back. then bam back on schedule. this might slow you down for a second, but youll be back on track. im sure youll still blow everyone away with this grow

My res holds at a constant 73F when its not under the light...and we have been at that temp for a year nonstop but we are going to add a chiller shortly. The plants are growing quickly now so Im just gonna do my weekly flush and renute and lose 2 of the plants
they may have been male anyway,
:peace:

My res holds at a constant 73F when its not under the light...and we have been at that temp for a year nonstop but we are going to add a chiller shortly. The plants are growing quickly now so Im just gonna do my weekly flush and renute and lose 2 of the plants
they may have been male anyway,
:peace:

my res sits around 72-73 when its left alone too, but i just bought a chiller anyways to hold it at 68. plus i only feed once a day anyways so it's prob even less important for me. . . but this is our passion right? our girls deserve nothing less than perfection, or as close as we can get (IMHO).

:ganjamon:Nice looking set up as usual. Been gone working on my own grow and i always come back to see your words o wisdom. They have helped me with my first successful grow..me and those lucky few will enjoy smoke of our own.:adore::adore: THANKS

I'm surprised that you guys avoid problems without running chillers. I could never get away with it. My flower room temp is 76-78 with both lights on.

I run my res at 66*.

It may have to do with the fact that Im in the basement. My room runs 80-82
with the gas on. My res is 73F. Ive never had an algae issue ever. No doubt things could be improved by running a chiller though

It may have to do with the fact that Im in the basement. My room runs 80-82
with the gas on. My res is 73F. Ive never had an algae issue ever. No doubt things could be improved by running a chiller though

No light in the res = no algae. I would get algal growth in my clear tubing but none could be found in the reservoir itself. I hope you can find a chiller to rent for a while in order to see if it will really solve your problem. It will need to be placed outside your grow room as you are running it sealed. All the chiller will do is pump the heat out of the water and into the air. If the chiller is kept in the room, it would be like spitting into the wind.

They are so hairy you just want to pet them. LOL I am hoping my winter grow looks this nice...

I'm not sure what you are referring to LawnDart. I have a dirty mind so .... :skeptical:

I'm surprised that you guys avoid problems without running chillers. I could never get away with it. My flower room temp is 76-78 with both lights on.

I run my res at 66*.

good to know, the top of my tent, 2 feet above the MH it's 77.4 and my res is sitting at 69. . . the summer can be a bitch though. I know that its been a big problem in my hydro attempts, and why i've been much more successful with dirt. i hope this helps.

It will need to be placed outside your grow room as you are running it sealed. All the chiller will do is pump the heat out of the water and into the air. If the chiller is kept in the room, it would be like spitting into the wind.

this is the problem i am having with my dehumidifier. adding heat to reduce moisture. but sometimes more heat is the lesser of two evils. so its more like spitting into the wind and it landing on your friend. lol.

also, the heat taken from the res plus a little more for however inefficient the pump is added to a room right? but if the room is much bigger it will be able to distribute it over a much bigger area so its not a 1:1 ratio. the res may go down 5* and the room go up 1* and so on

the heat capacity of water is sick though.

no doubt a chiller would be an improvement guys but we have had the same res temp for the past year other than when I moved the res recently so Im not terribly worried about the temp in the res. It was moved back about a week or so ago. Yes we are going to add the chiller shortly..possibly when we bloom or at the latest at next cycle which is only 10 weeks away. Flushed a day early and renuted and adjusted and we should know something either way shortly..thats why I LOVE HYDRO...so fast...and so dangerous LOL

no doubt a chiller would be an improvement guys but we have had the same res temp for the past year other than when I moved the res recently so Im not terribly worried about the temp in the res. It was moved back about a week or so ago. Yes we are going to add the chiller shortly..possibly when we bloom or at the latest at next cycle which is only 10 weeks away. Flushed a day early and renuted and adjusted and we should know something either way shortly..thats why I LOVE HYDRO...so fast...and so dangerous LOL

In my profession, when were trying to solve a problem, we say, "When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebra's."

The only things different now are the location of the res, and the nutes, correct?

So, if you put the res back where it was, the only thing left is the nutes.

Perhaps HG nutes don't like a 76degree res?

we shall see my friend....we shall see. The other variable is possibly H&G EC/PPM numbers are not as tolerant. We have run very PPM's with GH . So I backed the numbers down by about 30% and I will reevaluate . H&G did tell us we can return any unused bottles for a full refund or credit but I really dont think thats the issue. I think Im running them too hot in both res temp (which is corrected) and too hot on PPM (which has been adjusted)

we shall see my friend....we shall see. The other variable is possibly H&G EC/PPM numbers are not as tolerant. We have run very PPM's with GH . So I backed the numbers down by about 30% and I will reevaluate . H&G did tell us we can return any unused bottles for a full refund or credit but I really dont think thats the issue. I think Im running them too hot in both res temp (which is corrected) and too hot on PPM (which has been adjusted)

I love to watch a craftsman ply his trade....:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom