Thee Sweet Tooth Auto Extravaganza

Sorry it took so long to get back over here I was missing th daily photos and didnt know how long you would be gone lol. As mentioned by medman I used the ponytail tech at this age then once she got a little bigger thats when I bent her over. Olnly thing is when I was using the ponytail I jammed a few cfl up really close to the exposed sides normally covered by the upper fan leaves. If you dont have any and nothing else is stopping you try the pony tail and get that hood about 2 inches above plant. I used pipe cleaners to gently tie the upper nodes up an avg of 6 hrs each time and did it about 3 or 4 times with a 2 day rest period in between. Then after I could see the under growth beginning to spring up from underneath thats when I tied a strap to the top node and started to bend her over. And I kept that hood within 2inches the whole time .

I can find a few pics of ponytail if you wouldnt mind me.posting them.here

20150112_180204-1.jpg
20150112_180728-1.jpg
20150112_180204-1.jpg
20150112_180728-1.jpg
20150124_212729-1.jpg

When I bent her it wasnt much pretty much just tied the strap and let her grow

Sorry it took so long to get back over here I was missing th daily photos and didnt know how long you would be gone lol. As mentioned by medman I used the ponytail tech at this age then once she got a little bigger thats when I bent her over. Olnly thing is when I was using the ponytail I jammed a few cfl up really close to the exposed sides normally covered by the upper fan leaves. If you dont have any and nothing else is stopping you try the pony tail and get that hood about 2 inches above plant. I used pipe cleaners to gently tie the upper nodes up an avg of 6 hrs each time and did it about 3 or 4 times with a 2 day rest period in between. Then after I could see the under growth beginning to spring up from underneath thats when I tied a strap to the top node and started to bend her over. And I kept that hood within 2inches the whole time .

I can find a few pics of ponytail if you wouldnt mind me.posting them.here

Yes please post.

Interesting to see a variety of auto training techniques being discussed. Nice work chaps:Namaste:

Mine probably looks a bit different to the last time you saw them....
rrf2104-1.jpg

rrf2104-2.jpg

rrf2104-3.jpg

I've just been tucking fan leaves under bud sites and trying to get to grips with controlling pH and EC....before pH was a bit high and EC quite low but now they are pretty much where the nute instructions say they should be. Planning a tank change tomorrow and refilling with fresh tap water and veg nutes again.

Ok a your my Sensi in my autos.

Here's tonight's photo. Should I ponytail her now?

DSC_3422.JPG
DSC_3421.JPG

Theres enough spacing between nodes she may not need it but really theres nothing it can hurt.... this is an experiment for ya anyway. I would ponytail 3 or 4 times with a couple day gap between each session and see if you notice a growth spurt in the lower branches. For me if it spirs the growth then strap the main over later its just gives them a jump start to catch up to the main and get them all on an even playing field for light when they go into flower under the hps

And if you dont have any cfl lying around I would pit something under her pot and get her up withing 1.5in of hood.... the penetrating power of our t5 isnt all that great

Believe it or not it's centered but after my weird bend she's quite well leaning. Shouldn't of fucked with it was stupid high and bored

Hahaha. How many times has that happened to all of us!? That's how I broke off one of my flux arms when mine was a baby. Sitting there trying to push it down just a little bit more and *crack*. Nooooooo.... Lol

Hey Dutty, not sure if you've checked it out yet? But LA has a new Auto training thread going. Probably won't help you this go around cuz his are just sprouting, but it should be some good info on what/ how much training autos can handle. It's interesting at the least

I saw a bit of that too... isnt he fluxing one now. Eager to see with the set lifespan of an auto has time to train properly with his technique

Yes. He dropped something like 14 autos to mess around with each one differently and see how they react. It'll be interesting show.

Back
Top Bottom