TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

Well I have a 4*4*7 feet grow tent I made. It has an bottom intake and an exhaust fan cycling the air 2-3 times a minute. Now that I think of it im not sure it adding CO2 would make any difference as it would stay for very little in the grow tent.

The cost to run a CO2 engine is only a few dollars. I would guess its in the $10 to setup and maybe $3 per month in supplies, if that. CO2 is heavier than air, so having it fall from the roof and be blown around will get help the grow capacity. It cant hurt at tent volumes, but it can help.

The cost to run a CO2 engine is only a few dollars. I would guess its in the $10 to setup and maybe $3 per month in supplies, if that. CO2 is heavier than air, so having it fall from the roof and be blown around will get help the grow capacity. It cant hurt at tent volumes, but it can help.

I was thinking of making an attachment for the intake sleeve (ill post pics of it later), the intake is a 4¨ wide pvc pipe inserted in the intake sleeve. My grow tent is made out of cordura fabric (hand sewn :lot-o-toke:) suported by a 3/4¨ pvc skeleton. The exhaust fan is mounted inline with the exhaust duct, which is wider than the intake. Once you turn on the exhaust, the tent kind of collapses in itself a little bit due to the vacuum created by the intake/exhaust difference in size.
Because all the air that comes in pass trough this only entrance, I was thinking i could make some sort of clamp to attach the exhaust from the yeast digester/CO2 generator and force the CO2 to mix with the rest of the air thanks to the motion generated by the exhausts vacuum. My reasoning is that the airdraft or current goes from bottom to top and this will suck CO2 upwards, at least partially. In the worst case scenario CO2 wont be mixed that much and will settle in the bottom, close to the plants.
I need to put a small oscillating fan to help mix things up.
Thanks for watching.
Hopefuly the show will be worth it.

So I did top all of the plants yesterday and moved them under the MH lamp...
Hopefuly the extra light and the toping will help the plants get bushier

MIX 6,3,7 are the ones I mentioned were the most affected. Is this mag defficiency? Root bound?

Your leaf damage appears to be from a magnesium deficiency and nitrogen deficiency.

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5-8 milliliters or 1-1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

I havent measured the ph lately, I have a ph meter but I dont know if I could use to test the ph of soil. Ive thought of running some water trough the pot i.e. watering abundantly and using the run off to take a measure. but im not sure how accurate this will be.
Was trying to take a pic and my camera died on me :(

I will definitely do that, but I have to buy some calibration solution and most likely a new probe for the ph meter too. Got a hanna ph/tds/ec/temp meter that I havent used dince doing hydro... Time to get it out.
Thank you for watching and all your advice.
KingJohnC thank you very much for the charts and for confirming about the mag def.

2015-01-22_13_28_10_1_.jpg

My hanna Ph tester... not sure if the probe works right after some time without use.... and my camera with dead batteries next to it

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Wow it has been quite a while since I last updated this grow journal.
I have been partially successful with my goals, as far as establishing mother plants is concerned. I built an ultrasonic fogger cloning machine and it boosted my clones survival rate to 100%, and reduced the rooting time to 7-10 days.
As of now I have 7 mother plants; 5 from Aurora indica (phenotype #3), one of the mostly sativa freebies and another Aurora Indica (pheno #5) that smells a lot like Northern light.
I have to admit I did neglect my plants for a while after putting them under the MH light, but I was able to obtain healthy cuttings nonetheless.
I have mixed feelings about this free seeds... Not sure if they are all a single strain or just random sativa hybrids, many of them didn't make it till flower in and some of those that did aren't worth the space they are using.
I will be posting some pictures later on, thanks for checking

I will be taking 8 clones today and putting them in the propagation unit. I will continue to do this every two weeks, taking 7 or 8 clones each time till I fill the flowering closet to its full capacity of 30.
I will be posting pictures this Monday.

Here are a few pics of the mothers along with clones in their propagator unit. They have been there for three days now, no signs of wilting so far. I really like this propagation device, fool-proof way of cloning.
I had the clones under zipploc bags for a couple days just to make sure they remained nice and turgid.
In my limited experience with this cloner (two batches), it is my impression the clones kept on it dont really need a humidity dome to root.
Anyway I plan to keep the clones in the fogger for 15 days and then put them in their final pot (3 liters) and let them root for another 15 days before going in to the blooming room.
Any input is appreciated as always.

the stems are suspended in that heavy fog, I usually see roots within 7 days, I´ve had 100% succes rate with this method of cloning-propagating.

The floating netpot is visible in these pictures, it is a key element of the unit: It keeps the fogging unit at the right depth for optimal fog output. I forgot to order it so this is what I came up with. I wash it thoroughly after each batch to keep things clean.
varelyvisible.jpg
improvedfloater.jpg

The stems suspended in the heavy fog;
stemsinfog.jpg

And here are the mother plants all green and stuff, bidding their time to get me stoned.
upperview3.jpg
upperview4.jpg
uppergroup.jpg
motherplantsupperview.jpg
upperview2.jpg
mothers10.jpg
motherplants1.jpg
groupshot19.jpg
closer_view.jpg

I forgot to mention that I use rice hulls as mulch in these pots.
Thank you very much for watching.

So today I will water the plants with plain water. I like to let the pots dry until they feel light and the top layer of the soil is evenly dry.
I have another 12 or 13 plants flowering in the closet, mainly clones from the free seeds.
They are mainly sativa and are taking long to finish.
Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks for watching.

Back
Top Bottom