TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

Wow bro, you have some skills my boy..those are some beautiful plants you have. I hope my plants come out as good healthy as yours. Im actually planning on growing some Aurora Indica and Holy Grail from DNA Genetics on my next run. Ive read Aurora Indica is Nirvanas strongest strain..should be some "kill" your growing their ....im subbed....:passitleft:

#yourawesome :)

Thank you very much mate, I have learned a lot since I joined this site, but still have a long way to go to become a pro. Was checking your journals and those plants look nice, good job with your first grow.
Later on tonight I will post some pics of the flowering plants.
I love DIY projects and growing cannabis is a challenging one, I hope to get some good results with this Aurora indica, the ones that are flowering look good, but where neglected for too long to give a good harvest.
Im also planning on using worm compost from my bin, it is made mostly with fruits and vegetables so it should be a nice addition to the mix.

So today I saw the first roots in one of the clones; I will give it a few hours and then take a pic so they are a little bigger and easier to appraise in the picture.
I was going to post a few pics of the flowering ladies... ♪♫ but then I got high ♪♫
I was going to make some worm casting tea... ♪♫ but then I got high ♪♫
I was going to top my mother plants with some compost... ♪♫ but then I got high ♪♫

So... I ended playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare on PS4... ♪♫ but then I got high ♪♫... and they kicked my stoned butt. So I decided to go to bed with my wife and call it a day.
Good luck and thanks for watching.
Your comments and criticism are appreciated.

cool, it is awesome how this plant can be propagated in so many ways. I have used rooting powder on both batches of clones, but it usually washes away a few minutes after I turn the fogger unit on. Im a little concerned because that means the powder dissolves in the wáter that is being turned into fog; some of it escapes every time I open the unit to check so I may be breathing a little of that nasty índole-butiric acid every time my anxiety forces me into checking for roots. One of the main problems I have with this unit is that I continue cheking everyday, despite knowing they will root sooner if I keep it closed :lot-o-toke: I may have a problem here

It is marvelous how tenacious life is.

Clones on day 6, three days without humidity dome ( aka zipploc bag haha)
clon6day.jpg

First roots show today; more will come from whence these came :tokin:
WP_20150606_010.jpg

Thank you very much for watching and commenting.
:420: Rocks

Early deficiencies aren't generally a big problem because you have plenty of time to correct them. I have found that adding a foliar spray in VEG and up to around 2 or 3 weeks into flower can help.

I don't know much about coco. I hear it can retain salts and in turn the salts are harder to flush out.

The most recent pictures of your plants look great. You must be figuring it out :)

Good job!

+Reps

Thank you very much Scar, I forgot to mention that these mothers Im taking clones from no longer have the same soil mix, as I have changed the formula to avoid more cal-mag defficiencies associated with coco coir, so as of now the mix contains only rice hulls, peat moss, and worm castings. plus some lime to keep the peat acidity in check.

Less than 24 hrs later, 4 out of six clones have visible roots, and the remaining two already have white callouses (primordia) where the roots will grow. Those roots will be visible by tonight.
I love this propagation unit :green_heart:

Thank you for watching

:420:

Today I will brew some aerated worm casting tea in a 5 gal bucket, just adding a cup of worm casts and 4 tablespoons of sugar cane honey; it is not molasses, but rather an unrefined form of sugar, that is made by boiling the first juice obtained from the sugar cane until it hardens. I just put it in a pot with a glass of water, let it simmer in medium heat until it fully dissolves in a thick, dark syrup. I have seen good results with this sugar cane honey, as far as fattening the buds and making them sweeter.
Here is a pic for those of you not familiar with this product, it is sold in countries where production of sugar cane is common.
It is called by many names depending on the area, but the most common name for it is Panela

panela.jpg

Thank you, I have a vegetable garden and I think tending it I have learned how to be patient with a plant; besides that Im a rookie. Thank you for stopping by!
Some more pictures later on today.

No probs buddy, I hear the aurora's a wicked strain...heavy indica feel. Might get some myself one day!:tokin:

Roots day 8; clones look healthy and happy. Something I really like about cloning with fog is that I don't need to mist the clones after I remove the humidity dome. Clones will not die if not put under a dome, but it seems like they root faster if I use a dome for the first three days. One of the clones has only really small roots barely visible in the pick; I hope it catches along in the next couple days. Thank you for watching. All your comments are welcomed and appreciated
WP_20150608_002.jpg
WP_20150608_003.jpg
WP_20150608_0011.jpg

No probs buddy, I hear the aurora's a wicked strain...heavy indica feel. Might get some myself one day!:tokin:
It is really easy to clone and responds very well to pruning. As far as potency, I can´t tell yet; I have a couple buds of it almost ready to be harvested. Just enough to have a taste of it. I´ll take a couple pics of the buds later this evening (lights on starts at 9 pm local time) by the way have you seen Scarfinger68 journals?

This is the first time I have ever seen... or heard of a "fog" cloner. Its cool and it is working :thumb:

Do you treat the stem at all? mark/score/cut lengthwise? I tried scoring the stem but I didn't have success with it. For me just a 45 degree cut and a trimmed node works.

:goodjob:

That's funny Scar, I would expect this method of cloning to be more widely used, especially because of the success rate and ease of use.
I found the tutorial here in 420magazine: Making the SH mystic cloner
It is very cheap to make and the part that wears and stops working, the ceramic disk, is very cheap and easy to replace.
I just make the cut right above a node, leaving the growth bud attached to the mother plant (so a new branch can grow from there), remove the leaves, scrape the branch to expose the cambium layer, make a lengthwise cut in the tip (so it looks like a goat feet) add very little rooting powder and put it in the propagator. Then cover them for three days with zipploc bags and mist once a day for three days, remove the bags after day 3 and wait.

Those are some massive healthy looking clones
Thank you very much mate, I have to say these are the healthiest clones I´ve had.

Here are a couple pics from the flowering room. Some buds in different stages of development

WP_20150609_001.jpg
WP_20150609_006.jpg
WP_20150609_004.jpg
WP_20150609_009.jpg
WP_20150609_010.jpg
WP_20150609_008.jpg
WP_20150609_012.jpg

Thank you very much for watching, any comments are welcomed.

Thank you for choosing :420:

Back
Top Bottom