TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

Wow my journal has over 1000 views already...
No doubt most of them are mine.
Thnk you guys for watching and commenting!

Here is some picks. They seemed a little more bright green than Northern lights and ICE. Also the pistols (orange hairs) were a lot lighter in color.

P101001431.JPG

P101002222.JPG

P101002122.JPG

P101001141.JPG

Man that is sweet!!! I really wish I get results half as good as yours!!!
Reps+

Man you got a great start to this journal. Glad I could finally catch up.

Any grower should drop in here. Lots of good info.

Thank you very much, that is so kind! I have learned a lot from my fellow growers here in :420:
I appreciate you guys are tagging along, really good to have you around.

The clones in the propagator look like the will need to be moved into pots soon.
Today I went to the store and bought the fabric to make some pots. I just finished cutting the pieces and will begin sewing right now. I will have to do it by hand, because I don't have a sewing machine. It will be some manual work, but I like sewing by hand (oddly enough, I really enjoyed sewing my grow closet by hand, despite the fact it took me almost three days of work!)
I watered with aerated worm casting tea last night, the mother plants also need some pruning, Im glad Monday will be cloning day again. Things are working as expected. Hopefully everything will run smoothly once I start sending clones into flowering.
Thank you very much f or watching, things will begin to get interesting soon!

Some aerated worm castings tea, it has a very particular smell, like rich soil with the added characteristic aroma of red worms (eisenia fetida ) The thick foaming means this tea is ready to be used. I watered my plants with this yesterday.

WP_20150610_044.jpg

Casting tea rocks!

These clones are in sore need of a new home.
Explosive root growth!

WP_20150611_006.jpg
WP_20150611_008.jpg

Clone batch: 6 units.
Survival rate: 100%

Thank you for watching!

And thanks to :420: members and staff for their valuable knowledge; without the valuable experience of our fellow growers my grow wouldn´t be happening!

And here is a little project I started this afternoon; Im not sure what the name of this fabric is, but it is made with recycled material and is very thick and resilient. They also breath well; this pot can hold 5 liters of soil (but will hold only 4 and 1/2 liters, so I can add some rice hull mulch to preserve the microbial life of the soil)
My mother was right when she said knowing how to sew would come handy surprisingly often.
WP_20150611_003.jpg

Here is the new home for my clones. Lets see how they work.

And here is a little project I started this afternoon; Im not sure what the name of this fabric is, but it is made with recycled material and is very thick and resilient. They also breath well; this pot can hold 5 liters of soil (but will hold only 4 and 1/2 liters, so I can add some rice hull mulch to preserve the microbial life of the soil)
My mother was right when she said knowing how to sew would come handy surprisingly often.
WP_20150611_003.jpg

Here is the new home for my clones. Lets see how they work.

Nice, so you finally found your beloved fabric pot! was about time buddy after all your organic ways...:laughtwo:

I will take some time today to make another 5 fabric pots. By hand, making each pot takes me around 40 minutes. If I had a sewing machine, I would be able to make one every 5-10 minutes. I think buying a sewing machine and making an improved version of these (including different sizes, reinforcements and handles, maybe color coding to keep track of different strains and batches) is definitely in my short term plans. It could prove a commercially interesting hobby, given the fact there is no competence in my zone.
Thank you very much for being a member of :420:

Till later, there is sewing to made, and I must make haste, clones look ready.

I will be transplanting my clones today. I will use a mix with 50% peat moss, 20% rice hull, 20% worm castings (from coffee and sugar cane waste, made locally and sold by sacks) and 10% worm castings from my own bin made in a continuous flow reactor using fruits and vegetables (a continuous flow reactor is a worm bin that doesn't need sifting to remove the compost worms after harvesting the finished compost)

I will be using the fabric pots I made yesterday with around 4.5 liters of substrate, 7 days under fluorescent light, then 1 hour under the hps a day (and an additional hour each day thereafter) until the clones harden off, and then into flowering!

Will post some pictures today!

Thanks brother, after finishing the pots I put them in the washing machine and I think the cycle was too strong because they came out looking a bit battered; they work anyway but I have learned my lesson, as this pots should not be washed in the washing machine.
I can definitely make some and send them to you!
You can PM me and we will work it out.
Im going to take a few pics so you see how they look with the clones!

This how the clones look now, after being transplanted and mulched with rice hulls. Notice how battered the pots look after being washed, but they are as strong as just made (plus they are very clean haha)

WP_20150613_003.jpg

Thank you for watching

Back
Top Bottom