TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

The way your growing these bad boys tells me the potency will be excellent. Will check out scar's journal at some point, thanks

Thank you hopefully they will be a good and potent smoke, I really recommend this strain for its resilience and ease of cloning.
Regards.

subbed.

looking real good! healthy happy plants. that is a beautiful shade of green .

im digging the sativa pheno you have. is that a mystery bag seed?

I actually have a few aurora indica seeds.
ill be tagging along to watch how those beauties turn out.

Thank you for stopping by Mussh; that sativa dominant pheno is one of the freebies they give you with the strain you choose (10 freebies with your order) it has a smell similar to grapefruit. My wife asked me to keep a mother plant of that sativa dominant strain, this coming week I will be taking a few clones from it.
I hope the smoke is worth wait, because it looks like it is going to be a while before harvest.

Just hoped on this one Roach. Looking very nice so far. Sounds like you had great results with your clones recently. I'm jealous.

I love seed bank freebies. They are alot of fun, and generally pretty stable, mystery strains.

Hope you don't mind if I follow along... Cheers

if your patient, you will be rewarded.

let that thing flower as long as possible. go for 75% amber.

i have a dr. grinspoon seed. im going to get some experience with a sativa hybrid first, then ill try the landrace.

Just hoped on this one Roach. Looking very nice so far. Sounds like you had great results with your clones recently. I'm jealous.

I love seed bank freebies. They are alot of fun, and generally pretty stable, mystery strains.

Hope you don't mind if I follow along... Cheers

I don´t mind at all partner, thank you very much for watching and commenting. I am happy with this new propagator; cloning was something that really eluded my grasp before... The knowledge shared by our fellow growers makes the difference between dead twigs and healthy clones. As Sir Isaac Newton would have said ¨If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants¨
I love seed freebies too!!! You never know what you get, might as well find a keeper.

i have a dr. grinspoon seed. im going to get some experience with a sativa hybrid first, then ill try the landrace.

Thank you for the suggestion, I kind of wondered when should I harvest trichome-wise. I always hear sativas make for a superior smoke, I hope this is the case.
If not, at least they were free (free pot? yes please, two bowls!)

I have never grown a sativa dominate plant before so take this with a grain of salt... Just some thoughts of the top of my head :hmmmm:

Taking a Sativa to 75% Amber sounds counter productive to me. For one your talking about taking a 10 to 12 week flower period to 16 to 18+ weeks? You could just take an Indica 8 week strain to 12 weeks if your looking for more of a couch lock stone.

You are really going to cut your harvest per year down taking them to 75% Amber. (18 weeks): 3 harvest a year vs. (8 weeks) almost 7

But maybe the high of Amber heavy Sativa is so much better than an Indica?

:peacetwo:

Thank you for the heads up Scar, I will do some research into this matter. I always hear half cloudy half clear.

I have never grown a sativa dominate plant before so take this with a grain of salt... Just some thoughts of the top of my head :hmmmm:

Taking a Sativa to 75% Amber sounds counter productive to me. For one your talking about taking a 10 to 12 week flower period to 16 to 18+ weeks? You could just take an Indica 8 week strain to 12 weeks if your looking for more of a couch lock stone.

You are really going to cut your harvest per year down taking them to 75% Amber. (18 weeks): 3 harvest a year vs. (8 weeks) almost 7

But maybe the high of Amber heavy Sativa is so much better than an Indica?

:peacetwo:

Thank you for the heads up Scar, I will do some research into this matter. I always hear half cloudy half clear.

It is just something to think about. I know from my previous grows (9/10 week harvest), approximately 100 grams each harvest, that my wife would almost be out of smoke and asking me when the next batch would be ready. It just comes down to production vs. quality and what type of smoke you like. Most people smoke Sativas for more of an uplifting energetic high and Indicas for a body high/couch lock high.

Amber trichomes the THC is degrading to more CBN/CBD which give you more of a couch lock stone

I have harvested some plants before, I always wait till at least half of them are cloudy and half clear with some amber in the mix.

It will only be late if you show up and I have nothing but ashes to show. Thanks to for stopping by and checking my journal.

Some pictures of the plants and clones
WP_20150609_014.jpg
WP_20150609_013.jpg

WP_20150609_015.jpg

Some weird symptoms on a few leaves, maybe associated with the magnesium foliar spray I was using (Epsom salts)
WP_20150609_016.jpg

This is how roots looked yesterday
WP_20150609_017.jpg

WP_20150609_018.jpg
WP_20150609_019.jpg

WP_20150609_020.jpg

WP_20150609_021.jpg
WP_20150609_023.jpg

And this is how they look today
WP_20150610_001.jpg

WP_20150610_002.jpg

WP_20150610_003.jpg
WP_20150610_004.jpg
WP_20150610_005.jpg

WP_20150610_006.jpg

WP_20150610_007.jpg

WP_20150610_008.jpg

WP_20150610_009.jpg

WP_20150610_010.jpg

My aerated compost tea brewer:
WP_20150610_011.jpg

And the loyal air pump, pumping air with a vengeance
WP_20150610_012.jpg

Some macro shots of buds. Sorry for the poor quality but it was hard to focus trough the jewelers loupe

wp_ss_20150609_0002.png

wp_ss_20150609_0003.png

wp_ss_20150609_0004.png

wp_ss_20150609_0005.png

As always your comments are appreciated and welcomed.
Thank you very much for watching!

Above all, thank you for being part of :420:

I was thinking of letting the clones root in their final pots for 15 days before sending them to the flowering closet. I wonder if that's going to be too long of a vegging time for a SOG grow

Plants look good. The curling leaves could be from liquid setting on the leaves, collecting light and heating up the leaf. So its most likely a heat issue after foliar spray especially if you have them under the HSP. Also it could be a symptom of a strong foliar spray potentially. No big deal. Just don't do it repeatedly/ over and over until they wither up and die.

Added some pics from my last grow of Aurora Indica

I was thinking of letting the clones root in their final pots for 15 days before sending them to the flowering closet. I wonder if that's going to be too long of a vegging time for a SOG grow

Should be ok depending on height.

Back
Top Bottom