Toast's 2016 Indoor/Outdoor Grow Journal

Well, I didn't forget this time. Here's a small Update, not a lot happening at this stage. Trying to keep them as compact as possible until the time is right to go out side. If this warm weather holds up, I will move the spring plants into my out door room and start the others in 12/12 and get that show on the road. All's I did today was take the plants out side and water them, with Foxfarms Grow Big, at a rate of 1 cap full per Gallon of water. Like I said before, I put my water in 5 Gallon buckets and let it sit out side for at least 24 hours to get the Clorine out. The tap water here is extremely treated. On with the show;
DSCF6333.JPG
DSCF6334.JPG
Here are the babies:
DSCF6336.JPG
Here are the Juveniles:
DSCF6337.JPG
Here you can see the Juveniles haven't filled the bags with roots as of yet. There is no fungi, mold, or algae. No bad effects from the bags. When the bags have roots coming out of the bottom holes in the bags, I will put them 1 lb bags, where they will stay until they go in there permanent homes:
DSCF6338.JPG
Well that's all I got. Peace Brothern and Sisteren. TOAST

Kushtie, yes our water is treated with Chloramines not Chlorine. The only difference is you have to use a clearifier in the water you use for tropical fish, It evaporates out of the water just like chlorine. So its not a problem in less you got fish.

I use two drops of blackstrap molasses per gallon of water and let it sit for ten minutes. It neutralizes the chloramines. That's all it takes. Then, while I have it out I have a spoonful for myself. There's a theory that regular consumption of molasses may turn the hair blonde again. I'm testing that theory out. The fact that I love molasses is incidental to the experiment. :laughtwo:

You could get the same neutralizing effect with a pinch of compost in the water for ten minutes.

Kushtie, yes our water is treated with Chloramines not Chlorine. The only difference is you have to use a clearifier in the water you use for tropical fish, It evaporates out of the water just like chlorine. So its not a problem in less you got fish.

Thanks. I have to leave my water out to get up to room temperature anyway it seems.

I take it plants in soil wouldn't appreciate water at 5c any more than ones in hydro?

It was another beautiful day here, so I put the girls out. I decided to Top all the babies except the one little one:
DSCF63411.JPG
DSCF63432.JPG
Then I replaced the wire supports, making them longer to adjust for hight in growth:
DSCF63452.JPG
and here they are just sitting in the sun:
DSCF63462.JPG
Well that's it for a couple days. I soaked them really good so I shouldn't have to mess with them for three days if I don't want to. TOAST

Back
Top Bottom