Toydollz's Amnesia Haze Autoflower From Rocket Seeds' Crop King Seeds Grow Diary

toydollz

Strain: Amnesia Haze
Genetic Makeup: 70% Sativa, 20% Indica, 10% Ruderalis

Pot/Bucket Size: (no bucket yet, just in a jar of spring water until between 8am and noon tomorrow)

Tent Size: No tent (yet?). We are trying to figure out if we want a tent and if so, how to buy one cheap.

Grow Space: 42" x 36" (80" tall) ...a walk-in closet

How many plants: I am trying with 5 seeds.

Environment: Indoor

Stage: Seed

Medium: no clue

Lights: yikes, only 150 watt LED. Will that work okay?

Nutrients: no clue

Room/Temperature: Don't know

Relative Humidity: Don't know

Media/Res PH: Non-applicable

Pests: none

Watering: n/a

So we received the Rocket Seeds today. The 420 sale. We purchased 20. Will put the pack of 10 away for another time, since they last at least 5 years I think. My husband @passithere is trying to grow 5 seeds and I am trying to grow 5 seeds.

I know the photo is ridiculous but I wanted to take a photo of where my 5 seeds are. They are in a favorite stemless wine glass (to symbolize and celebrate that I am no longer a wino) with bottled spring water. I put the glass under the sink in my bathroom.

I am a little concerned about upcoming steps such as:

I kind of wish they would say how mich spring water to put the seeds in because in the next step will be to pour the glass of water with the seeds on a few thick paper towels on a plate. What if I have too much or too little water, I wonder. But then it says after folding like a burrito, I will be pouring excess water off, so then maybe it doesn't matter.

Then after that also makes me hope I will do okay is it says "Make sure the seeds are able to feel oxygen, warmth, and moisture at the same time." I hope I do okay.

Then the burrito goes in a warm, dark, and open room. (I wonder if our walk-in closet with a curtain on the door to block out bathroom light will work okay?)

Then, finally, I am hoping my husband (with his 5 seeds) and I (with my 5 seeds) use the right soil. It says we need to use plain soil with no nutrients or fertilizers the first 3 weeks. I am trying to figure out what soil may be the best.

In theory, if I get 5 plants, I will name them:
Bubbles
(Kathy) Bates
Sister Bobbie
Joey (Ramone)
(Chuck) Prophet

That's all for now. Please wish us luck.

17141816120312802096956760726540.jpg

Sounds fun 😁. I wish you both luck on the grow.

Your going to end up with a bunch of info from fellow forum surfers lol so I'll limit my input.

The light is fine don't stress, I use 2 100w lights and do just fine.

For soil I would recommend fox farms brand... A lot of members here use it including myself and it's great... Feeds your plants for first couple of weeks so gives ya a bit of time to figure out nutrients line.

Speaking of nutrients the sponsors here are awesome and offer discount codes for being a member. I'm using @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom and Veg top feed pellets. It's super easy just follow measurements for your pot size and water every 3-4 days, reapplying every 12-14 days.

And once your seedling is above the surface they need enough water to moisten the soil and they will be ok for 3-5 days depending on starter pot size. @Emilya Green I believe has a great thread on watering properly for multiple stages.

But again I wish you both luck and if you have any questions just start a question thread or just @ your trusted grow-enthusiast. :headbanger:

Sounds fun 😁. I wish you both luck on the grow.

Your going to end up with a bunch of info from fellow forum surfers lol so I'll limit my input.

The light is fine don't stress, I use 2 100w lights and do just fine.

For soil I would recommend fox farms brand... A lot of members here use it including myself and it's great... Feeds your plants for first couple of weeks so gives ya a bit of time to figure out nutrients line.

Speaking of nutrients the sponsors here are awesome and offer discount codes for being a member. I'm using @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom and Veg top feed pellets. It's super easy just follow measurements for your pot size and water every 3-4 days, reapplying every 12-14 days.

And once your seedling is above the surface they need enough water to moisten the soil and they will be ok for 3-5 days depending on starter pot size. @Emilya Green I believe has a great thread on watering properly for multiple stages.

But again I wish you both luck and if you have any questions just start a question thread or just @ your trusted grow-enthusiast. :headbanger:
Thank you!!! 🙂

Welcome to 420 @toydollz!

I agree with everything Happy said, especially the part about wishing you luck!

My 2 cents for new growers, keep good notes on what you do and when you do it. It's much better than trying to remember from day to day....to day.

Happy Growing! :Rasta:

150w of lighting will usually cover a 2x2 area, possibly 2.5'.
IMO that'll maybe fit 2-3 plants with a short veg cycle but it'll be tight.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. The people here are friendly and wont hesitate to help.

Welcome to the site, @toydollz.

I wish you both the best of luck in your initial grow.

When I first started out I was very mush like everyone else, buying everything and anything I think I would need. Not the best way to go about it. I see @HappyHazmat88 already gave you a soil recommendation.

What I started growing I use Silica, cal-mag, GH Duo nutrients and I found them to be effective and affordable. There's an old saying, you want to grow KIS- Keep It Simple. Don't over complicate thing more than they need to be.

I will be around.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Welcome to 420 @toydollz!

I agree with everything Happy said, especially the part about wishing you luck!

My 2 cents for new growers, keep good notes on what you do and when you do it. It's much better than trying to remember from day to day....to day.

Happy Growing! :Rasta:
Grand Daddy Black, Thank you!! This grow journal really helps me to do that. I appreciate your advice and time. 😊

150w of lighting will usually cover a 2x2 area, possibly 2.5'.
IMO that'll maybe fit 2-3 plants with a short veg cycle but it'll be tight.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. The people here are friendly and wont hesitate to help.

Welcome to the site, @toydollz.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and advice, Regrowth. We will get more lights and/or I think we will be getting a grow tent. I appreciate it. I want to plan ahead as much as possible to avoid a mad dash to purchase things.

I wish you both the best of luck in your initial grow.

When I first started out I was very mush like everyone else, buying everything and anything I think I would need. Not the best way to go about it. I see @HappyHazmat88 already gave you a soil recommendation.

What I started growing I use Silica, cal-mag, GH Duo nutrients and I found them to be effective and affordable. There's an old saying, you want to grow KIS- Keep It Simple. Don't over complicate thing more than they need to be.

I will be around.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hi Tok, Thank you! We will keep it simple, starting with no tent. Not necessary, we are now thinking. I will look up the nutrients etc that you mention. Thanks for your kind words and advice!

Is this where I post my follow-up? Maybe it is. So... this morning at 11am, we poured the water glass on the paper towels and folded it up like a burrito, then got rid of the excess water. I hurriedly cleaned out the hall closet of its cleaning supplies and it is in there on a plate, door cracked. Will sprinkle with spring water. Either on Monday or all the way up until Saturday, the seed should make a little sprout! Tomorrow we will hopefully clean out the walk in closet because that is where the magic will happen, we hope.

yup above it's says it's your grow diary, so I think it's ok to post your follow ups here 😅.

Have all the seeds been burrito'd? I use to use that method for germination, but to me it's to many steps and then contending with long tap roots during first planting 😨 to much can go wrong. So I soak em til split and then they go right to the soil.... No extra steps.... No worrying about the towel being dry or to wet.... Don't have to find a cool dry place .... No daily checking....etc 😁. And usually I get seeds above soil within 2-3 days, which would be the same amount of time spent with the wrapped in paper towel method just growing a tap root. You did a known method for germination which is a good safe route, this is just another way to do it ....equally as safe in my opinion and a touch quicker on the first steps the young seed/seedling needs to take.

I'm curious to see how you convert the closet. I have a bunch of questions.... But I'm patient and if I wait until you build it... They will almost all be answered 😅.

yup above it's says it's your grow diary, so I think it's ok to post your follow ups here 😅.

Have all the seeds been burrito'd? I use to use that method for germination, but to me it's to many steps and then contending with long tap roots during first planting 😨 to much can go wrong. So I soak em til split and then they go right to the soil.... No extra steps.... No worrying about the towel being dry or to wet.... Don't have to find a cool dry place .... No daily checking....etc 😁. And usually I get seeds above soil within 2-3 days, which would be the same amount of time spent with the wrapped in paper towel method just growing a tap root. You did a known method for germination which is a good safe route, this is just another way to do it ....equally as safe in my opinion and a touch quicker on the first steps the young seed/seedling needs to take.

I'm curious to see how you convert the closet. I have a bunch of questions.... But I'm patient and if I wait until you build it... They will almost all be answered 😅.
Haha well for now, I guess my husband just shoved all the clothes to the side and that's how he "converted the closet." Lol

So today is Sunday. The "schedule" says we should see sprouts as of tomorrow or by Saturday at the latest. So my husband and I went to peek. His had mostly sprouted and he even has one in dirt now. Mine hasn't. So I removed one of the paper towels from on top. Maybe mine wasn't getting enough oxygen? It's all good... And I know we keep going back and forth but I think we will indeed get a grow tent (Vivosun brand). I hope it's okay that I said a brand name. Oh.. So here's a pic of my seeds.
1714340903848464945041519552266.jpg

Today is Monday. I am off to work. All of them have sprouted. One with just a little sprout. We did buy a tent yesterday (hasn't arrived yet) and this morning I bought a temperature and humidity thermometer. On the way home, I nees to get cheap plastic pots to plant these in, and trays to catch the water, and probably some more of that Fam soil. Here is my morning photo. I hope to plant all of these except maybe one in dirt when I get home. Thank you so much for the attention and comments :)
20240429_052730.jpg

I am home from work. Checked on the seeds. The instructions say that sometime between Monday (today) and Saturday, I should be able to plant. (My husband already planted his.) It says the seeds should have a sprout of at least between 1/2 and 3/4 inches. Mine mostly have sprouts of 1/4 inch. Getting there! Iam eating dinner. Will check and spray with spring water after dinner.
My husband helped me set up 5 makeshift pots (because the store that said they have them don't really have the cheap-o plastic pots).
I named each plant that will go in each pot. I changed my mind a little on the names.
Bubbles
(Kathy) Bates
Sister Bobbie
Lucky
Kinky

Here is the photo.

20240429_181514.jpg

I am home from work. Checked on the seeds. The instructions say that sometime between Monday (today) and Saturday, I should be able to plant. (My husband already planted his.) It says the seeds should have a sprout of at least between 1/2 and 3/4 inches. Mine mostly have sprouts of 1/4 inch. Getting there! Iam eating dinner. Will check and spray with spring water after dinner.
My husband helped me set up 5 makeshift pots (because the store that said they have them don't really have the cheap-o plastic pots).
I named each plant that will go in each pot. I changed my mind a little on the names.
Bubbles
(Kathy) Bates
Sister Bobbie
Lucky
Kinky

Here is the photo.

20240429_181503.jpg

After reading the grow journals here, I am wondering if I should plant the seeds, after they are properly sprouted, into the super small planter (versus a large one) so that they can get strong roots first?

Yes smaller containers are easier to control. You will get about 2 good weeks then, It will start to get root bound. As the roots circle the cup or pot.

We've all used Solo cups, make sure you use opaque cups. If they are transparent, they need to sit inside another cup that isn't.

I have switched to biodegradable bags. Not looking back. No root circling.

As soon as there is a Taproot. I prep the pot squirt squirt, then hr later squirt squirt.

I moisten the soil a bit to allow a nice comfortable home. Taproot facing down. Minimal soil over the top 3-5mm. Little squirt squirt to set her up.

Place in warm area. Keep soil moist, not wet. There is no need for light until she sprouts. Afterwards keep the light as close as comfortably possible. Some use fluorescence, plant bulbs, LED.

Then get ready for magic. Congratulations on your journey!

Back
Top Bottom