Trichome check and flushing question

Blimpsious

I took a couple photos tonight with the new microscope. I'm reading the tricomes should be a milky color, some of these still look clear to me. Just picking some brains on how they look and what y'all think. Indoor photos started flower 7/27. Also curious if anyone knows if I should start flushing the ladies. I've been using Humbolts Secret A and B along with Cal-Mag. I noticed on the Humbolt instructions that they say flushing isn't necessary. If it isn't should I stop with the 3ml of Cal-Mag? Or stop all the nutes and just give the PH'd water?

One more Q would be any advice on when I harvest. One guy I know said to turn the lights and exhaust fan off a day or two before cutting. He said just to put a small fan inside the tent. Pretty sure at one point he had really brittle buds if he left the exhaust fan on, he thinks he dried the plants to fast that way.

2022_09_04_17_52_13_119.jpg

2022_09_04_17_50_15_635.jpg

2022_09_04_17_51_29_157.jpg

Still look like they’ve got a little bit to go, in regards to flushing I always flush, but then learnt my craft some years ago. Have seen people on here say it serves no scientific value whatsoever.

However, play about with it and see what you think, maybe flush this time and leave it the next to see what you prefer.

I’ve always found I’ve had a smoother smoke when flushing, have had times when I’ve had to crop quick and not had the time and it’s harsher but still a good smoke.

Happy growing bud, garden looks good 👍

I took a couple photos tonight with the new microscope. I'm reading the tricomes should be a milky color, some of these still look clear to me. Just picking some brains on how they look and what y'all think. Indoor photos started flower 7/27. Also curious if anyone knows if I should start flushing the ladies. I've been using Humbolts Secret A and B along with Cal-Mag. I noticed on the Humbolt instructions that they say flushing isn't necessary. If it isn't should I stop with the 3ml of Cal-Mag? Or stop all the nutes and just give the PH'd water?

One more Q would be any advice on when I harvest. One guy I know said to turn the lights and exhaust fan off a day or two before cutting. He said just to put a small fan inside the tent. Pretty sure at one point he had really brittle buds if he left the exhaust fan on, he thinks he dried the plants to fast that way.

2022_09_04_17_52_13_119.jpg

2022_09_04_17_50_15_635.jpg

2022_09_04_17_51_29_157.jpg
Should be ready in another week if u want coutch lock.bud if u want uplifting buzz now would be the time I would definitely flush them week before u cut

Thank you guys. I just watered tonight with no nutes. I'll do that for the next week ish and see if they're ready to roll. Any recommendation on what to do as far as when I am ready to harvest? Should I let them sit for a day in the dark with just a fan on? Or just cut and roll with it?

Thank you guys. I just watered tonight with no nutes. I'll do that for the next week ish and see if they're ready to roll. Any recommendation on what to do as far as when I am ready to harvest? Should I let them sit for a day in the dark with just a fan on? Or just cut and roll with it?
If u want those fall colors to.come in on her before u cut her put her in a dark cool.room if it isn't cool fill top your pot with ice .cool her down real good leave her for 2-3 days no light watch there colors change iv always been told.it.makes the weed better to.smoke.triggers her life.threat response.she will.put.all she has.out to.those buds.😊happy harvest.✌🤙

hey Blimpsious!

I took a couple photos tonight with the new microscope. I'm reading the tricomes should be a milky color, some of these still look clear to me. Just picking some brains on how they look and what y'all think.
You've got a lot of solid milky ones, and some turning milky. I don't see many clear. What I usually go for is milky with a few amber. Others opt for a lot more amber, but I am also often forced to harvest early due to bud rot.

Indoor photos started flower 7/27. Also curious if anyone knows if I should start flushing the ladies. I've been using Humbolts Secret A and B along with Cal-Mag. I noticed on the Humbolt instructions that they say flushing isn't necessary. If it isn't should I stop with the 3ml of Cal-Mag? Or stop all the nutes and just give the PH'd water?
I'm in the camp of feeding up until harvest time. Feeding depends on what medium you're growing in, and what kind of ferts are in the medium from the beginning. Also pot size. The recommended NPK for veg is 3-1-1, while flower is 1-3-3. So during flower it's important to feed some N, but more P and K.

I'm not an indoor grower. My perspective is based on outdoor, greenhouse growing. I'm in the tropics, so mold/fungus is always a concern. I key off of stigmas (hairs) turning brown/red – when that starts to happen, I then start looking at the trichomes.

First, very nice looking plants! Agree with above, you've got some time to go, a couple weeks or so (no or very few white pistils). Flush if you want, but it has been shown to serve no purpose whatsoever, except to deprive the plant of nutrients when it needs them for the final push of bud production. A 24-48 hours dark period prior to harvest will help with terpene production, as terpenes volatilize under light. There have been several studies that show terpenes are highest after a dark period. This adage is pretty true: "When you think they're done, wait another week."

Back
Top Bottom