Tunes420 Try at Hydro 3rd Grow CFL

:thanks:
SS
I was thinking of it so all that are following will see all new stuff starting....but changed so much that think it better to start a new one....in case someone is following along and miss part of new grow medium, or nukes....want all to see exactly what i am growing in and putting in. So 4 plants now in flower room Test dummy girls :) will end this journal...they are still in original medium i started this journal with, which is 70 % perlite and 30% vermiculite....maybe a little more vermiculite cause i added a handful to get clones going....which worked to start them fine....but it keeps the medium to wet.
So i started with a 50/50 mix of perlite and hydroton with all new clones.
plus starting new will give me chance to list all i learned and did wrong in this grow....end it ....start new....and already look like i know what i am doing :smokin:

Sounds good bro. I think it's a good idea to start a new one also. Can totally relate to last sentence, lol.

:thanks: siscokid
:thanks: GMT1975A tks for info....it has alot of info there about it...some i have read...wont be anything i do for awhile.
:thanks: SS
same plants same light you are suppose to yield a considerable amount more of bud cause of lower buds getting more light. And light being closer to plants gets more lums to them. I think it looks bushier when grown with vertical lights...also have seen 3 or 4 levels of plants growing with a couple vertical 1000 watt hps.
That why i ended up not getting cool tube cause i know i can't do a vertical grow till i relocate.

The clone i put in this self watering pot has really taken off...compared to two same age.....some of the leafs are big as my hand.
IMG_02942.JPG

IMG_02911.JPG

other one is in flower room it as tall but not as full...and this third one gives you idea how much faster pot / draining / something is making it surpass other two
IMG_02892.JPG

think i will pick a couple more of those pots up....hey Setting Sun those pots work great! + reps

::thanks: SS
same plants same light you are suppose to yield a considerable amount more of bud cause of lower buds getting more light. And light being closer to plants gets more lums to them. I think it looks bushier when grown with vertical lights...also have seen 3 or 4 levels of plants growing with a couple vertical 1000 watt hps.
That why i ended up not getting cool tube cause i know i can't do a vertical grow till i relocate.

Direct light vs reflected, closer to plants, and better bud site coverage. Sounds like a winner!

That "vertical green" website that GMT shared has lots of good info.

Couple of questions:

Do cool tubes radiate light 360 degrees? I thought there was an area of the tube that had a reflective surface.

On those self-watering pots, once the plants are established, are you watering from the bottom, top, or both? I bought six of them when Walmart was closing them out at the end of spring. I went back to get a couple more and they told me that it's a seasonal item and won't be back till next year :(. Could probably find them or something very similar online though. They sure look like they're workin'!

thanks brother grower!

and thanks for the rep!

Tunes420, yep, some have an inner reflector as well as the outside "wings" and as far as I know, both can be removed. Some are said to have "hot spots", but I haven't noticed any with ours. You should be able to get your plants as close as 10 inches away from the tube.

Tunes420, yep, some have an inner reflector as well as the outside "wings" and as far as I know, both can be removed. Some are said to have "hot spots", but I haven't noticed any with ours. You should be able to get your plants as close as 10 inches away from the tube.

wow i have a 400 watt hps which is at most 8 inches from my ladies ?

Hiya weedtastic
Ya heard you can get them close if you have certain conditions...older plants can handel them closer too I heard ....don't know yet still don't have HPS....soon...and i am going by heat felt on my hand rather than a number for height

hi mate i believe putting your bare arm under the light for 45 seconds if it feels comfortable for you then its fine for the plants i read it somewhere tryed it and it worked for me...also yes your perfectly correct older plants can take it closer i found that too........i have a metal halide for veg and decided to use the grow room for veg whist empty and decided to put my hps on coz it was just hangin there now i can t quite confirm this yet as its only been 2 days but i think the plants under the hps are growing faster ......have you heard of this ? i was always under the impression mh was veg and hps for flower ? sorry for rambling on my point is this ...i can t remember wot you use for veg light but if i confirm the hps a better veg light it may also be a better veg light than your using now..........be lucky weedtastic

hi mate i believe putting your bare arm under the light for 45 seconds if it feels comfortable for you then its fine for the plants i read it somewhere tryed it and it worked for me...also yes your perfectly correct older plants can take it closer i found that too........i have a metal halide for veg and decided to use the grow room for veg whist empty and decided to put my hps on coz it was just hangin there now i can t quite confirm this yet as its only been 2 days but i think the plants under the hps are growing faster ......have you heard of this ? i was always under the impression mh was veg and hps for flower ? sorry for rambling on my point is this ...i can t remember wot you use for veg light but if i confirm the hps a better veg light it may also be a better veg light than your using now..........be lucky weedtastic

The "growing faster" may just be that they are stretching more under the HPS than the MH.

Internode space with MH is tighter.

I believe you are right weedtastic....how much blue you have in your HPS if any...bulb i bought has 30 % more blue and uv coloring ....so safe to bet that would easily out do my CFL lights just in sheer lums alone....mixing the reds and blues are said to help grow....so having them with HPS may just be cause they are taking in the reds....Not really sure ...but hell I always say what ever works....bet if you ran both lights in veg you would see increase in growth too.
Plus what SS just said....forgot that ...but i did read that on more than one occasion :) :thanks: SS

So if i wanted to switch to 12/12 i should do so for a week or two with MH for shorter stretch then switch over to HPS for bloom now that stretch is over....I think that must have been done already....and i bet the results were shorter stretch....more compact buds :)

I did see it here ....Use blue-spectrum light

Using MH light exclusively during vegetative and early flower phases will help keep internodal length shorter.
What is stretch and how can I minimize it?

So if i wanted to switch to 12/12 i should do so for a week or two with MH for shorter stretch then switch over to HPS for bloom now that stretch is over....

I always wondered about this. Any comments on using MH in first week(s) of flowering to reduce stretch?

JC

Back
Top Bottom