Tunes420 Try at Hydro 3rd Grow CFL

Hey Tunes, sorry I haven't made it by before this, I've been missing out. Passive Hydro, huh. Very impressive, I may have to look into that. I've always been a soil guy, but it sure looks interesting. Great job.

:thanks: swampgas and np glad you made it by....just starting so trying different things ....and soil was what i tried first...so wanted to try passive hydro to get my feet wet....Haven't had a real issue yet and seems faster than soil grow i did...so am likening it a lot :smokin:. and little by little i am upgrading so should have a good run my next journal...and have all tweaked :peace: brother grower and keep it green :passitleft:

OK got some of the stuff i ordered :)
IMG_02644.JPG

IMG_02633.JPG

waiting on some more nukes.....where i cant change my numbers at different stages of growth (only can dilute or make stronger) I got 3 stages of nukes so i can start fine tuning there nukes....got some open sesame some hydro nukes ...no frills...and the nukes i been using....I should be able to adjust these to get better results than one fairly constant amount of same nukes in.
I am also waiting on real meter so i can see what ph...really is...got deficiencies that i am trying to fix ....Here are the Bud Lady(bag seed i named bud lady) clones that will live to bud
IMG_02613.JPG

oh got some of this too so am doing a 50 50 mix with perlite
IMG_02652.JPG

IMG_02673.JPG

IMG_02592.JPG

IMG_02583.JPG

IMG_02522.JPG

have two odd ball bagseeds going
IMG_02563.JPG

IMG_02533.JPG

IMG_02542.JPG

Had bad luck with clones til i got right stuff....now have clones going the right way :) Well clone machine would be better....but havent built it yet so this will do me fine....have enough clones for 2 grows going...so need to slow things down so they can all go in flower room when they ready and by then hope to have Real strain KC-33 going strong with at least one mom...army of clones and some male pollen
IMG_02573.JPG

IMG_02692.JPG

MOM
IMG_02624.JPG

IMG_02512.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

10 weeks and no bananas...so today decided to cut roots trim some buds and try to reveg
IMG_0250.JPG

Last but not least Have some KC-33 seeds going :) plate is covered with light tight top
IMG_02703.JPG

:thanks: brother growers :popcorn: I too am wondering if i can reveg that plant ...smoke is great so would be nice to re-veg it :)
dont know this bag seed that well yet only flowered one from it....and if at 10 weeks it didn't show bananas i am wondering if i should flower more than 8 weeks....might try 9 with first run of clones.then let a plant sit for 11 weeks to try again for bananas from this strain.
Now new strain KC 33 ....24 hours later have a couple cracked and tap root just starting to stick out :) so will be starting new journal for them very soon. :)

hi mate i think you will notice a massive difference your hps has more everything in it with bigger wattage.... tends to warm things up alot... but with good exhaust works great...... i also find them great at nite time as ive just started seeing a down turn in temps so i switch off all extraction and all fans for 1 hour before lights off now my room runs a steady 70/75 degrees till morning good luck anyways.........be lucky weedtastic

:thanks:
SS
I was thinking of it so all that are following will see all new stuff starting....but changed so much that think it better to start a new one....in case someone is following along and miss part of new grow medium, or nukes....want all to see exactly what i am growing in and putting in. So 4 plants now in flower room Test dummy girls :) will end this journal...they are still in original medium i started this journal with, which is 70 % perlite and 30% vermiculite....maybe a little more vermiculite cause i added a handful to get clones going....which worked to start them fine....but it keeps the medium to wet.
So i started with a 50/50 mix of perlite and hydroton with all new clones.
plus starting new will give me chance to list all i learned and did wrong in this grow....end it ....start new....and already look like i know what i am doing :smokin:

:thanks: jcool09 and :thanks: for tuning into grow :peace:

:thanks: weedtastic still don't have new light yet....but tks on info...i too will keep close eye on heat and how much temps drop at nights. When i do get light i think it will take a few days before i know how temps and all will do so will be watching closely for a few days once i hook it up....it is a air cooled light with inline fan exhausting all heat to attic. so hoping heat wont be a issue. i keep temps at 73 ....nights they drop to 65.....but am sure as you say weather changing will change this so will adjust accordingly....:peace: brother growers :roorrip:

Tunes420, I will be here for the new one as well. Count me in. I have fallen in love with our cool tube, just can't beat it for most every application. I can vent directly from the room, or draw air from the outside if I wish to run CO2. Plus I can drop the light down close to the plants without damaging them, or hang it verticle for 360 degree coverage with plants surrounding the light.

:thanks: GMT1975A and glad to have you tuned into grows brother :)
I almost got a cool tube for that exact reason....been doing a lot of reading on vertical lighting and reviews have been very good.....only reason i didn't go with cool tube is because i couldn't do vertical lights in very small flower room. But when i upgrade again and buy new lights they will be cool tubes for sure .

:thanks: GMT1975A and glad to have you tuned into grows brother :)
I almost got a cool tube for that exact reason....been doing a lot of reading on vertical lighting and reviews have been very good.....only reason i didn't go with cool tube is because i couldn't do vertical lights in very small flower room. But when i upgrade again and buy new lights they will be cool tubes for sure .

I've been sorta interested in vertical also.

Have you read anything about it inhibiting vertical growth and producing more lateral bushy growth instead?

Do plants grown with vertical lights look different?

The only thing I don't like about the idea is that it would also expose *me* to more light when I'm around my plants.

Have you read anything about it inhibiting vertical growth and producing more lateral bushy growth instead? Do plants grown with vertical lights look different?

Your question makes me think of Phototron vs. ScrOG. Phototron plants are bushes with lots of smaller bud sites all over the grow space. ScrOG plants are often pruned bare except for the upper layer to focus the growth on the tops. The buds will be fewer in number but larger and more consistant in size and potency as a result.

JC

Back
Top Bottom