Tunes420 Try at Hydro 3rd Grow CFL

in veg room i have 9...... 4- 40 watt and rest are 26 or 16 and one 2 foot shop light....so don't have enough in that room...I try to have one bulb directly over one clone/seed.....now flower room has 3- 68 watt bulbs and 5- 40 watt bulbs and one 32 watt 4 foot shop light. Thats why i am ready to go HID cause i never seem to have enough bulbs to go around veg room will stay cfl's for now till i grow enough to stop flower room for 3 weeks and bring 600 watt MH light in veg room...then move it back to flower room and switch bach to HPS
CFL's been working fine for me just ready to step it up one notch to HID light.
Strain has to be high yielding one to really get nice tight buds with cfl's...but it is defiantly doable ....seen many journals here with super results with cfl's :roorrip:

:thanks: TheCriMsonK20 Ya hope they grow like crazy ....got some clones rooting now :bong:

:thanks: siscokid :passitleft:
OK quick update on what we got in veg room
IMG_01031.JPG

have 4 seeds Bag type....and 4 clones rooted....3 look great one is super ugly
IMG_01051.JPG

we also have 6 clones that we are working on rooting.
IMG_0107.JPG

and the mother with all those clones removed
IMG_01103.JPG

IMG_01083.JPG

took 8 clones first time only 3 made it and one is ugly
second round i took 6 more for total of 14 clones and she still looks like we could grab 5 more and she wouldnt even notice.....and to thing this was her 30 days ago
IMG_22071.JPG

This passive hydro it the chit man :)

:thanks: blackbeast and :thanks: for tunning into grows :rollit:
Ok update on ladies....
IMG_01184.JPG

Took 8 clones and 3 made it....seemed i had some luck with heat mat...only these three were on it....they rooted in 9 days or so ...I did find if i kept pot too wet sitting in too much water while on heating mat the bottom of stems got mushy ....so 6 clones I pulled after the 8 I put on heating mat and one got mushy so took all water out of over flow bottom and shut off heat mat....pulled the one hoping other 5 root now like first 3 did ...soon as i took them off the heat....but am thinking a bit dryer next time and low heat might be the perfect clone procedure for me.
IMG_01242.JPG

Here is mom with 14 less clones....she could still give more clones...she filled back in nice
IMG_01252.JPG

IMG_01274.JPG

Now in flower room we have...
IMG_01304.JPG

IMG_01373.JPG

IMG_01364.JPG

IMG_01291.JPG

IMG_01343.JPG

IMG_01441.JPG

IMG_01435.JPG

The yellow pots are going on 3 weeks 12/12 and other two are half that
I like to have a constant flow of plants so put them in flower room close to others within couple weeks ....been working out great i chop some thing down every couple 3 weeks.

Looking great, Tunes!
I love all the cool designs your spiral LST makes. The one on the left in the last pic looks like it'll make a ring 'o bud! Sounds like you've got your rotation down. I plan on something similar, but with much longer cycles. Those nuggets look AWESOME! Can't wait to see what you can do with your new HPS!

Keep the veg room cfl powered. I'm lovin how the plants turn out the way they do. What watt hps you got? I don't think the plants are gonna flower so short any more.

Hi CharlieMopps WB :thanks: for tunning into grows brother.....Yes keeping the veg room cfl's and buying a 600 watt HPS.....i plan on training them like i do for cfl's....but instead of buds the size of a lighter i want buds the size of soda can....Lots of them...from training...want a bud forest :grinjoint: With 600 watt i might grow couple tall as well...right now i have two levels in flower room 8' and other level/ height is 4 1/2' So i definatly plan on doing some training and keeping them under 3 foot if i can....if not will move to a taller flower room and let them do there thing :surf:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can grow with a 600 hps Tunes420..... I was gonna buy a 400 watt hps but I think I'm gonna use cfl's for now until I get some growing experience under my belt.

:thanks: SouthernWeed for the kind words....I am a bit excited to go HPS now that i have a couple grows under my belt and a good strain (bag seed) to work with....It is short and stocky and very good quality :smokin:
:thanks:
AvonBarksdale Me Too....I want a little bud forest ....and good idea to get couple grows under your belt ....then upgrading makes sense

Tunes420, you are gonna love the difference an HPS can make. Not sure what style light housing ya going with, I would suggest a cool tube. And make sure you ballast supports Metal Halide also if ya can. That way ya can get double for your money, MH for veggin and HPS for flowering. Can't wait to see what it will do for your plants bro, not to mention the "out-of-box" experience....lol, just like an early christmas!. Good luck bro, excellant job so far.

GMT1975A going with 600 switchable digital air cooled hood with hindged glass and a inline fan to exhaust heat. 95,000 lums. I too thought about all the
different styles and features and wanted to get right combo first time...and switchable is ok cause after first couple good size yeilds i can shut down flower room move light to veg and use it for 3 weeks on clones then switch to 12/12. Very good advise ...seems like great minds think alike ....and early christmas is right woohoo

siscokid yes i will do LST with plants but because space will be limited
i cant do another wild girl like fiona in room....I picture fiona under HPS
OMG that would have been incredible IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom