UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil Grow

Re: UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil

You do one heck of an update UncleCannabis. Incredibly beautiful girls sharing your world and such luscious pictures to show them off. I'll be watching the Blumats in action. You often read about them, but rarely does someone take the time to document with photos. I'm hoping you plan to share the experience with us?

Thanks SweetSue. This is my first journal so I feel as though I'm stumbling along through the woods on this one. Your kind words are most appreciated.
Are you attempting to coax me into doing a journal about my upcoming Blumats installation?
It appears to me that many if not most of the members here are either into hydroponics or soil/soilless mix/hydro combination type growing methods which require frequent or constant nutrient solution feedings. I doubt if the Blumats system would be suitable for this method of growing since the nutrient solutions would likely plug up the drip feed tubing.
Do you think that the folks here at :420: would have much interest in a Blumats journal?

Re: UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil

I'd be interested to see how a Blumats watering system works. If not for my cannabis, then for my vegetable garden. I don't use any additives to my water so I don't think I'd have a problem.

Maybe there are more folks that would be interested in Bluemats than I originally thought. I'll definitely consider posting a journal.

Uncle C looks like you got it going on!!!! I'm in for the ride. Best of luck!

Hey there Holler. Good of you to stop by and thanks for the compliment.
If you'll be along for the ride you'd better put on your seat belt. This is my first indoor grow so things may get a bit bumpy along the way.
:;):

You are doing great! You are surrounded by some of the best folks who know collectively more than you will find any where else on the web
The best part is that they love to help folks like you out anytime. You are starting to get to the good part!

You're absolutely right Holler. There are so many folks here that are willing to help out, yourself included. It's good to know that I'm able to get some good pointers when needed just by firing up the computer and logging on.
As I mentioned in another thread I do have a horticulture background and I've played in the dirt a bit outdoors in the past but never had a go of it indoors. I'm trying my best to just keep things between the ditches on this one but should have everything pretty much dialed in for the next round.
I'll be tested to the limits here beginning next week. I'll be away for the next 2 to 3 weeks with the ladies being unattended while I'm gone. If they make it through those 2 to 3 weeks without my daily care and peeping Tom activities (I just love watching them!) then I'll be one lucky bastard. Wish me luck bro!
:blunt:

Uncle C that's the best. As long as you have a good timer. Water them heavy and let them go! When you come back you will be astounded at how well they have done. I always love unattended outdoor grows. I go in once in the spring with large transplants. Give them everything that they need for the whole season and I don't come back until I'm bow hunting in the fall. Sure some times you come out with little or nothing...but... those other times can be nothing short of spectacular! It always reminds me that every plant wants to live and is a lot stronger than what you think. It also shows how little it truly takes to grow good weed if you give them what they need and then let them do what my Grandma used to say to us kids, " You gotta learn to bloom where you are planted!"

Ohhh good luck with that....:circle-of-love:

Hi Dennise. Thanks for the good luck wishes.
:thanks:

Uncle C that's the best. As long as you have a good timer. Water them heavy and let them go! When you come back you will be astounded at how well they have done. I always love unattended outdoor grows. I go in once in the spring with large transplants. Give them everything that they need for the whole season and I don't come back until I'm bow hunting in the fall. Sure some times you come out with little or nothing...but... those other times can be nothing short of spectacular! It always reminds me that every plant wants to live and is a lot stronger than what you think. It also shows how little it truly takes to grow good weed if you give them what they need and then let them do what my Grandma used to say to us kids, " You gotta learn to bloom where you are planted!"

They'll either bloom where they're planted or die where they're planted. Let's hope they're in the mood for living.
:party:

Looking good UncleCannabis! I like your innovation of using wicker for the pots. Seems to working really well. I'm subbed and looking forward to watching your girls.

Cheers

Hi there and welcome ClosetPharmer. Glad to have you along for the ride.

I went run a couple of errands this morning and when I returned I was extremely pleased to find that the package that I've been anxiously waiting on has arrived. Looks like UncleC is going to be busy in the Ganja Grove today.

Tropf-Blumats
thumb_IMG_0768_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0769_1024.jpg

Very nice gadget:) i was only recently looking at them onlline, never seen them before. Are they good ? and how do they work exatly do u know yet ?:high-five:

Hey there IndoChronic. I've never used the Blumats but I've been reading about them for quite some time. There seems to be lots of satisfied users so I decided to give them a try. I'll be leaving soon for a 2 to 3 week trip so if you stay tuned you'll find out how they work when I return.

Update - End of Week 3

Week number 3 of flowering with the Mars-Hydro Sun Series is now done and dusted and things are going well. The stretch is now slowing and the buds are beginning to stack. The girls are looking very happy and when the girls are happy, Uncle C is happy.
:slide:

This morning I applied a brewed tea that I concocted which is a special mix made especially for flowering. The tea mix consist of ground up bald eagle carcass and bottle nose dolphin emulsion. All of the ingredients are 100% organic and are sourced in an environmentally friendly manner. This will really make the buds get fat and sticky as they move on into week 4.
Nah....y'all know I'm just joking. The bald eagle/bottle nose dolphin tea is used during veg....
:;):
Yeah...yeah... I know....that was only funny to those with a sadistic sense of humor such as myself. I'm really just checking to see if any PETA members are following this thread. :)
There were no topdressings or teas applied this week. Just plain ole' water all week and I plan to continue this way until the fat lady sings.

There have been a couple of changes made in the Ganja Grove this week. I took the inline fan that I had blowing into the tent and moved it to the opposite side and swapped it to blow out (exhaust) and added a carbon filter. So instead of having 1 fan blowing in and 1 fan blowing out I now have 2 fans exhausting out of the tent with passive air intake. Filter media is installed on the intakes to prevent nasty stuff from getting pulled inside through the intake vents. This resulted in much more air flow going through the tent and a temperature drop of around 2 to 4 degrees F with the lights on compared to the way I had the fans configured before.

I also installed a Blumats watering system with approximately 140 gallon reservoir. The reservoir includes 2 x 55 gallon drums (main reservoir) with a pump installed that discharges to a 30 gallon barrel (gravity feed reservoir) that is mounted on top of one of the 55 gallon drums. The pump operates on a timer which will top up the gravity feed reservoir 3 times per day. There is an overflow on the gravity feed tank which flows back to the main reservoir on the bottom. This should provide enough water for almost an entire grow!! There's also enough water to flood the entire room and every other room down the hallway if there is ever a major leak or hose rupture while I am away. LOL!

Here are the End of Week 3 stats:
Soviet Ripper
Average cola height - 18"
Average top height at the middle - 16"
Average width across the top - 40"

Jack Herer
Average cola height - 13.5"
Average top height at the middle - 9"
Average width across the top - 29"

Girl Scout Cookies
Average cola height - 13.5"
Average top height at the middle - 8"
Average width across the top - 37"

Amnesia
Average cola height - 18"
Average top height at the middle - 13"
Average width across the top - 42"

Pics -
thumb_IMG_0785_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0786_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0787_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0789_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0791_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0790_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0792_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0794_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0793_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0798_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0799_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0800_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0797_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0783_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0782_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0772_1024.jpg

Unfortunately I will be away for the next couple of weeks so there will be no further updates until I return. In the meantime, take care :420: friends.

Back
Top Bottom