White Widow & Blue Cheese First Time CFL Closet Grow

Day 53 Flowering

Thanks guys!

So today is the start of the final two weeks. I gave all three plants about 7 gallons of regular PH water between them. Runoff came about 30% out.

I think the White Widow Sexy is starting to have "Foxtails". My grow room doesn't seem to have any light leaks because Iv'e stood in there inspecting while lights went out.

The other white widow is fat and fine.

IMG_017632.JPG
IMG_017728.JPG
IMG_017832.JPG
IMG_017928.JPG
IMG_018032.JPG

noice. foxtailing is normal, it just means you're leaving them long enough to stack flowers on top of flowers!

every foxtail you see will be new flower with new white pistils. they will continue to do this for a couple weeks. once the "rouge pistil movement" has almost stopped, it's time to check trichs daily and get ready for a harvest.

the better the flush the better the smoke! pure water till the end now? :goodjob:

they may go for 3 more weeks because I don't see many amber pistils. either way starting the "only water" is great now. I wonder if they'll turn purple for you by doing this? :)

noice. foxtailing is normal, it just means you're leaving them long enough to stack flowers on top of flowers!

every foxtail you see will be new flower with new white pistils. they will continue to do this for a couple weeks. once the "rouge pistil movement" has almost stopped, it's time to check trichs daily and get ready for a harvest.

the better the flush the better the smoke! pure water till the end now? :goodjob:

they may go for 3 more weeks because I don't see many amber pistils. either way starting the "only water" is great now. I wonder if they'll turn purple for you by doing this? :)

You know I thought it was revegging from the Light mishap I had with letting it get like 18+ hours of light two times. But this foxtailing is pretty cool. Lol STacking!

Yea I just did a PH water only and I will do the same for the next watering. Then after that Ive heard to do just water but water that is not PH'd. Do you think ill have to let it sit for 24 hours to dechlorinate or can I use straight tap water?

Yea Hopefully 2-3 more weeks and Ill be fine. But I reallly want to have some smokable bud by CHRISTMAS!

The other white widow and blue cheese have a decent amount of amber pistils. Its just this foxtailing one that doesnt have alot. Itll be cool if they go purple, but the lowest temp they get with lights off is like 73 degrees.

White Widow Sexy

IMG_018526.JPG

White Widow No Sexy

IMG_018331.JPG

Blue Cheese

IMG_018429.JPG

I'm guessing that the blue cheese will be done first.

They look awesome!

I use tap water without any issues, but I'm in soil, not hydro.

I'm guessing that the blue cheese will be done first.

They look awesome!

I use tap water without any issues, but I'm in soil, not hydro.

Yes It looks to me the blue cheese is maturing faster then widows. The problem I have is that I dont have a place to hang dry the buds except the closet im growing in right now. So Im thinking of harvesting them all at one time, but Ill make sure they are at their highest THC potential before harvest.

Okies tap water it is, and Im also in soil bro.

they are really beautiful. nice and fat already for real haha. bluecheese is one of those strains I always wanted. I love cheese and I've also always wanted to try blueberry and blueberry haze :circle-of-love:

I cant wait to try a widow cross for the first time :)

Day 60 Flowering

:Namaste: Thank you guys for all the compliments.

Wow so about a week after the 2 week pre harvest flush the yellowing has really kicked in. Seeing yellowing everyone on all 3 plants. I am having concerns with the White Widow Sexy because she already doesn't have as much fan leaves as the others and not sure if she can survive 1 more week of just munching on its own leaves.

IMG_001358.JPG

I gave her 4 Gallons of PH water today and thinking of giving her a final watering in 3 days and let her go dry for 5 days. Also going to try 24 hours dark before harvest.

White Widow Sexy

IMG_000195.JPG
IMG_0002100.JPG
IMG_0003101.JPG

White Widow No Sexy

IMG_000598.JPG
IMG_000686.JPG
IMG_000779.JPG

Blue Cheese

IMG_000876.JPG
IMG_000973.JPG
IMG_001071.JPG

Beautiful!

Can you take a couple closeups of the flowers when you get a chance so we can see how much longer? They should be fine for another week or two and should turn purple :)

awesome. if you're worried I would feed the white widows with molasses once more. personally I would just let them go, but it's up to you, you're the farmer :thumb:

that blue cheese is looking how a mature plant should and is almost done :)

Thanks Potzilla, Im trying my best to learn in the process!

Yea B.real, I just looked at them today and they are yellowing really fast and I have one more week till I contemplate harvesting. Def gonna give the Sexy Widow Molasses, I think the other two have enough green fan leaves to survive.

Do you know what happens to the plant if there are not more fan leaves for them to get nutrients from and I still have not harvest it yet?

And today got these in the mail so excited.

IMG_002950.JPG

SinCity SinMint Cookies
Barney Farm's Liberty Haze
Cali Connection Blue Dream

I might do the Blue Dream next, but Ill take a break from this one first.

Just make sure you harvest your plants before the yellowing reaches the buds, you can watch the sugar leaves as the yellowing progresses. If all the fan leaves yellow the plants will begin using up nutrients in the sugar leaves and then the buds giving a hay or dry grass taste to the cannabis.

Just make sure you harvest your plants before the yellowing reaches the buds, you can watch the sugar leaves as the yellowing progresses. If all the fan leaves yellow the plants will begin using up nutrients in the sugar leaves and then the buds giving a hay or dry grass taste to the cannabis.

IMG_003057.JPG

Hey King, the yellowing is slowly creeping up on the lower sugar leaves and its Week 9 as of today which I have about 5 more days to go to complete the 2 week preharvest flush.

Im really having doubts the plant can sustain itself 5 more days. As for the trichomes, they appear to be at 75% cloudy and 25% clear. Should I harvest them soon?

I would feed the white widows, but not the blue cheese. I would check the blue cheese daily and harvest when you think its nice looking.

removing the nitrates from the flowers only increases the flavor.

I didn't incorporate that you are using a hid and big fans which make the plant transpire more, hence a proper flush is quicker and easier for you to achieve

when we eat plants we want those heavy minerals in the plants in our stomach (preferably from organic sources) to turn into useable energy for our body. but when we smoke, our lungs want nothing but that thc covered resin that's left behind! the terpenes or flavonoids are also in the trichs, not that green matter which is the true culprit for the hay like taste!

if the plants are so hungry that they aren't making thc, that's not good. do you have a 1-1-1 (full range) feed for the white widows if you think they need another week?

you are the farmer that grew these big ass buds in the first place :)

personally (call me crazy) I would try to flush even that little green glow each flower has left (if it's ready to crop within a couple days!)

you're at the perfect spot to have the best big buds in town kudos

from francos article

"Pre-harvesting means removing most of the large fan-leaves from the plants during the last days of the flowering cycle, before cutting them down for manicuring and drying. Pre-harvesting helps reducing the total amount of green material (water and chlorophyll) in the crop. Once the big fan-leaves (the ones that have no resin on) have been removed, the plants reduce the amount of photosynthesis, and produce less starches. This allows for sweeter and better-burning weed, and makes the whole harvesting process much easier and faster.
In conclusion, it is up to the grower to identify the weakest points of the grow, and improve from there. Curiosity and will to improve are the key factors to a green thumb. During flowering, a lot can be done to ensure a great crop; and it̢۪s all worth it."

imo flushing with water is less "commercial" and more natural than plucking the fan leaves a week before harvest, but it would mean more plant babysitting

Back
Top Bottom