White Widow, Bubble Gum, Purple Haze Grow Tubs LST CFL

Nice looking plants I will be interested to see how you get on with your haze cause those babies like to stretch. I grew some under CFLs in the past without too much success as the damn thing grew 7ft tall. It wasn't my primary interest at the time so it was kinda neglected and scrawny I was growing widow and california orange bud primarily but I have to say the smoke off the Purple haze was very trippy. Good luck man!!

Nice looking plants I will be interested to see how you get on with your haze cause those babies like to stretch. I grew some under CFLs in the past without too much success as the damn thing grew 7ft tall. I

Eeeek, 7ft tall... that scares me lol... I hope I can keep them under control. This will be my first attempt using LST.

Jeez man, no idea how you get them to grow so fast. Looks like mine at a month and a half. Best of luck on this one too!

Jeez man, no idea how you get them to grow so fast. Looks like mine at a month and a half. Best of luck on this one too!

Hahaha I wish I had an answer for you, lol. Im surprised myself. I just read alot on 420. Built some rules and stick to it.

Hey Mardo looking great I love your tubs! Did you make that sweet cfl hood, it's way back on page 1 or 2?

I've got Nirvana WW and Bubbleicious going just a few days older than yours, I'm hoping to take clones from them next week.

Good luck!

Rocket I've got 3 of their seeds total and all I've grown out is the ak48. I'm hoping the other two are as good because that ak is one awesome plant. I've mostly heard great things about their seeds and even better about their customer service.

Hey Mardo looking great I love your tubs! Did you make that sweet cfl hood, it's way back on page 1 or 2?

I've got Nirvana WW and Bubbleicious going just a few days older than yours, I'm hoping to take clones from them next week.

Good luck!

Thanx Bluedog,

Yes I made the hoods, Cut tin piping in half from the local hardware store. Used screw rods to expand it to liking and bolted it in. Seems to do the job on a budget.

25 Days

DSCF5022.jpg

DSCF5025.jpg

If anyone was interested how I made my hoods here is a step by step and materials. When your not buying professional equipment online you have to get creative.

First you need to get some industrial tin piping. You can get it at any local hardware store
DSCF5036.jpg

Cut it to the size you want. i used tin snips
DSCF5037.jpg

These are 2 screw rods that you will need to force the piping open
DSCF5039.jpg

Make a hole on each end to the size for the screw rods
DSCF5040.jpg

Put a nut and washer on the inside of the screw rod and push them through the holes
DSCF5041.jpg

Manipulate your nuts to the desired curve on the piping
DSCF5042.jpg

Once you have them dialed in should look like this
DSCF5046.jpg

I used 2 inch board for the spine cut to size
DSCF5047.jpg

At this time I lined up my bulbs to get a feel for the placement
DSCF5048.jpg

I poked holes on either side of the socket connectors and wove zip ties through them
DSCF5050.jpg

Then you want to pull the ties tight over the socket
DSCF5051.jpg

Its pretty much the same idea for the rest
DSCF5052.jpg

Make holes near the connectors to pull your wires through
DSCF5055.jpg

I used caps to wire them together
DSCF5056.jpg

Pretty much all done at this point
DSCF5057.jpg

And a test.. yippie it works.. You cant appreciate how much light there is in this pic
DSCF5058.jpg

Awesome post - love your creativity and can't wait to follow along if you'll have me!

Besides, you had me at "Manipulate your nuts" -- for a moment I thought I was on another forum... ahem...

One thing I want to add on a more serious note - you mentioned having a matching half to go on top for lights out. In the pictures it doesn't look like it will seal up tight enough to provide the total darkness they like. Are you certain you're good with that? They do look great so far!

Back
Top Bottom