XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

I'm getting ready to travel for a few days (thank goodness I have a wife to watch over things for me!). Pain is a very real part of my life right now, and I've been dreading the travel part as it can be hard to sit for very long in one position. Did I mention I'm dreading that part? I kept thinking about how I wish I could bring my vape on the plane, but no way that's happening. Anyway...

I had an idea. :idea:

So... I'm baking some BAD ASS brownies. These bitches are gonna have about an ounce of sugar leaf trim, a little bit of kief, and a small amount of ground up bud from 3 different strains. :yummy:

Now my biggest concern is making it onto my flight and remembering why I'm at the airport. Wish me luck! :)

:rofl:

OMGoodness that's so funny!! I almost fell out of my chair..I'm a HUGE fan of brownies...do you make them with oil or butter of canna???

:Namaste:

hey Giantsfan24. I just wanna say that was wack what happened to those dudes at Dodger stadium the other night. Fuck that shit. That is pussy shit. This is comming from a Dodger fan.

Good luck xlr8, I hope the trip goes well. They'll let you take the food on board right? Last time I flew I brought a sandwich and people had all kinds of food.

Hope the brownies are killer and you're feeling better.

I guess this was around 72, my best friend and I were flying east on the Sunday before Labor Day. Earlier that summer I had scored this monster brick of hash for $20 while on vaca with the family in the Bahamas. We'd been smoking the hell out of it for a month and still had a bunch left.

Back then it wasn't that uncommon for flights to only be around half full, but this flight only had about 15 people on it, including the crew. Nobody flies on that day. Also after takeoff the pilot would turn of the no-smoking sign and everyone would light up. Not quite like today lol.

So anyhow there we are with practically our own private 727 and I just happened to have a pipe and chunk of hash in my pocket. We had 2 cute stewardesses bringing us those little gin bottles to make martinis. It was around noon and we were getting ripped. We both kept taking turns going into the toilet and toking up. The stewardesses knew exactly what we were doing and thought it was really funny.

Now I wish I could report that they thought it was so funny they joined in the fun and next thing you know we were all members of the mile high club - they probably already were - but that never happened.

Even without that though, it was by far my most favorite flight ever :tokin:

NICE!!! FYI...I'm not sure they allow baked goods on airplanes, and I'm NOT referring to the brownies!!! :)

Great looking buds, bro! Travel safe!

They will be inside him! :rofl::rofl:

But you are right.....his eyes, staggering and the ear to ear smile will be a dead give a way. :Rasta:

hey Giantsfan24. I just wanna say that was wack what happened to those dudes at Dodger stadium the other night. Fuck that shit. That is pussy shit. This is comming from a Dodger fan.

Yeah that wasn't about being a fan of any team that was about being an asshole. As a rabid G's fan, I was born in San Francisco for gawd's sake, I wouldn't EVER condone anything like that against ANY Dodjers fan...

Unless that Dodjers fan was beating up on a G's fan then I'd call the freakin cops...

Peanuts off the cap? CERTAINLY! Friendly chiding?? NO QUESTION! Brain damage?? Not so much.....

The franchise rivalry, dating back to like 1893, deserves more respect than that...that is bigger than any fan loyalty...it's in the heart of baseball.

I'm getting ready to travel for a few days (thank goodness I have a wife to watch over things for me!). Pain is a very real part of my life right now, and I've been dreading the travel part as it can be hard to sit for very long in one position. Did I mention I'm dreading that part? I kept thinking about how I wish I could bring my vape on the plane, but no way that's happening. Anyway...

I had an idea. :idea:

So... I'm baking some BAD ASS brownies. These bitches are gonna have about an ounce of sugar leaf trim, a little bit of kief, and a small amount of ground up bud from 3 different strains. :yummy:

Now my biggest concern is making it onto my flight and remembering why I'm at the airport. Wish me luck! :)

Sorry about the pain, I have the same issues. Hope your travels go well. I see things are looking great as always.

But you are right.....his eyes, staggering and the ear to ear smile will be a dead give a way. :Rasta:

EXACTLY! That's why I said I wasn't referring to the brownies. XLR8 will be the baked good! :laughtwo:

When we used to go to Mexico pre-911, we would pack our lunches for the plane ride and I always pack a snack treat in my lunch... Then one year, my buddy showed up and he was dry, I was dry, it was terrible...

Anyways the hotel concierge gave us tickets to a mens club and we went... It was about thirty second when my buddy smelled his favorite smell... Met some other americans and ended up with a pound for less than a hondo. So the last day we are sitting there like "how we gonna finish this half p" so we made brownies cookies cake fruit medoly kieche and hamburgers. Everything got the mix. It was fantastic yet frightening how strong the combined eats were...

Ahhhh those days....

NICE!!! FYI...I'm not sure they allow baked goods on airplanes, and I'm NOT referring to the brownies!!! :)

Great looking buds, bro! Travel safe!
I tested them last night. 1 is plenty, 2 is holy crap, and 3 is... I was too high already for 3. Yes - I'll be the baked good! I told my friend picking me up on the other end to look for the guy with the "red eyes and the smile on his face". His response was priceless, "you do the same!" He is the first person I ever toked with many years ago and we've been friends since kids. Should be fun to catch up!

Beautiful buds X! They're frosting up real nice for you. :goodjob:
Sorry to hear you're up against it with the pain, but that recipe should go a long way towards helping. Maybe we'll pass each another in an airport. I'll be the one with the dark glasses reading the same paragraph over and over. :smokin:

Pains a bit better today, but yes the brownies will help! If I see a guy with dark sunglasses reading the same paragraph over and over I'll probably have a panic attack from paranoia!

:rofl:

OMGoodness that's so funny!! I almost fell out of my chair..I'm a HUGE fan of brownies...do you make them with oil or butter of canna???

I make them using oil - here's a link to my basic recipe:

Simple Brownies with oil

I need to update it a bit. Before I do anything I heat the bud at about 170f in the oven on a tray about 8-10 minutes or so until it crumbles easy with a slight pinch. It doesn't wreck it at that temp, it decarboxylates it a bit (google it if you aren't familiar with that). If you do that before the rest of the recipe it'll be a fair bit stronger and more effective. 2 brownies, 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch in size is almost too much, but I think just right. :)

Yup - a little visine should help. Although, I've noticed I don't get red eyes much anymore. Has that happened to anyone else?

EXACTLY! That's why I said I wasn't referring to the brownies. XLR8 will be the baked good! :laughtwo:

Indeed I will!! :)

Sorry for the multi-quote post - I prefer to respond more individually but I'm crazy busy last couple of days getting ready for trip, etc. :loopy:

Good luck xlr8, I hope the trip goes well. They'll let you take the food on board right? Last time I flew I brought a sandwich and people had all kinds of food.

Hope the brownies are killer and you're feeling better.

I guess this was around 72, my best friend and I were flying east on the Sunday before Labor Day. Earlier that summer I had scored this monster brick of hash for $20 while on vaca with the family in the Bahamas. We'd been smoking the hell out of it for a month and still had a bunch left.

Back then it wasn't that uncommon for flights to only be around half full, but this flight only had about 15 people on it, including the crew. Nobody flies on that day. Also after takeoff the pilot would turn of the no-smoking sign and everyone would light up. Not quite like today lol.

So anyhow there we are with practically our own private 727 and I just happened to have a pipe and chunk of hash in my pocket. We had 2 cute stewardesses bringing us those little gin bottles to make martinis. It was around noon and we were getting ripped. We both kept taking turns going into the toilet and toking up. The stewardesses knew exactly what we were doing and thought it was really funny.

Now I wish I could report that they thought it was so funny they joined in the fun and next thing you know we were all members of the mile high club - they probably already were - but that never happened.

Even without that though, it was by far my most favorite flight ever :tokin:

Awesome story Blue! Even if it didn't have your dream ending. Sounded like a fun trip, to say the least. :)

Man, the good old days sure seem different from now, huh?

When we used to go to Mexico pre-911, we would pack our lunches for the plane ride and I always pack a snack treat in my lunch... Then one year, my buddy showed up and he was dry, I was dry, it was terrible...

Anyways the hotel concierge gave us tickets to a mens club and we went... It was about thirty second when my buddy smelled his favorite smell... Met some other americans and ended up with a pound for less than a hondo. So the last day we are sitting there like "how we gonna finish this half p" so we made brownies cookies cake fruit medoly kieche and hamburgers. Everything got the mix. It was fantastic yet frightening how strong the combined eats were...

Ahhhh those days....

Wow you must have had enough to open a small bakery! :)

Awesome story, McCrackin. You're making me hungry. Or is that the weed doing that?....

Kieche (Quiche) sounds yummy!

Yeah that wasn't about being a fan of any team that was about being an asshole. As a rabid G's fan, I was born in San Francisco for gawd's sake, I wouldn't EVER condone anything like that against ANY Dodjers fan...

Unless that Dodjers fan was beating up on a G's fan then I'd call the freakin cops...

Peanuts off the cap? CERTAINLY! Friendly chiding?? NO QUESTION! Brain damage?? Not so much.....

The franchise rivalry, dating back to like 1893, deserves more respect than that...that is bigger than any fan loyalty...it's in the heart of baseball.

See, why can't we all enjoy some herb and get along? Giants fans, Dodgers fans - whoever wants a toke!

I agree with you both on this one! :thumb:

During the world series, Josh Hamilton from the Rangers, an addict, said that in the outfield he could smell more weed being smoked than he had ever smelled anywhere...

That was the plan!! LOL

Sorry about the pain, I have the same issues. Hope your travels go well. I see things are looking great as always.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. Pain stinks. I'm sorry to hear you've got issues like that, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I appreciate the well wishes and the compliment. :thanks:

I hope you have better luck fixing your pain issues than I have with mine. Take care my friend!

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. Pain stinks. I'm sorry to hear you've got issues like that, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I appreciate the well wishes and the compliment. :thanks:

I hope you have better luck fixing your pain issues than I have with mine. Take care my friend!

Yeah back pain is the worst. I have been dealing with mine for 16 years and it isn't getting any better but we deal with it the best we can.:hookah::tokin::blunt::bigtoke::lot-o-toke:

My Son a Dodger fan, goes to Giants games with his Dodger jacket on. Never a problem. :thumb:

From Seed: Day 80 for Missy, Day 73 for Blueberry --- Day 44 of 12/12

Getting closer now! I'm seeing mostly clear trich's now, but definitely some cloudy on the Blueberry. I tried to take a couple of pictures of trichomes, but it was hard as I use Eyeclops in one hand and camera aimed at TV in the other and it was much more difficult to get a good picture than I imagined. But you get the idea. Missy, my bagseed beauty will be a little farther out and a secondary harvest, so to speak...

Picture update:

Group shot:
April_6_group.jpg

Finally able to get a couple of Missy:
April_6_Missy.jpg

April_6_Missy2.jpg

Blueberry bud shots:
April_6_blueberry.jpg

April_6_blueberry2.jpg

April_6_blueberry3.jpg

April_6_blueberry4.jpg

April_6_blueberry5.jpg

Couple of (poor) trich shots:
April_6_trichome.jpg

April_6_trichome2.jpg

May not be able to post much for a few days, but I'll be back!

:peacetwo:

What an awesome thing to see and read right before I hit the bed! They are looking beautiful. :thumb:

Hope you have a safe and less painful trip... All those NOM NOMs you made should make for a good time. :yummy:

Take care my man, you are going to have a lot of good vibes and positive energy along for the ride.

Man they look wonderful! :)

Missy looks great. Blueberry looks great too! :)

Note. My Blueberry popped right up! Happy! :)

Sure sorry about your back. That's the worst kind of pain, Jo tells me.
Hope they can do something to at least lower the pain. I'm sending you good vibes.
Have a safe and hopefully helpful trip.
Will be thinking about you. OMM :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom