Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good morning everyone.
Big question lurking today.
I have 98% rh outdoors lately and have since the chop.
The first plant hangs in the shed with a fan blowing directly on them.
Today makes day 3.
I'm thinking of taking them in where I can lower the rh.

Are these buds going to rot for just being out in the high rh?
So I went out and felt the bud drying. It was wet to me so in they came. I feel better in a controlled environment.
Just what I was going to recommend. Good luck with the weather!

I hope the weather dries up for you today Otter. So Jadam maybe working against the PM! How often do you spray the JMS? I also use those clips for drying... such a time saver.
These got it about once a week. There's still no pm in the yard so it may be working but no promises. I'll do it again next year just because! They loved it!

I totally agree. I shoot for 60/60 in a perfect world, but often end up having to dry in an indoor closet, which makes it house temp/rh. But that’s about 76/65. It’s not too bad. I get 6-8 days of dry usually. Love to get ten. I did when I used the tent and could dial in the environment, and now that I have the awesome dehumidifier I could really make it exact. Glad you got them in. And yeah, at least in my experience, trying to dry buds in high rh is often problematic. You did the right thing. Especially if they’re really dense buds.

I totally agree. I shoot for 60/60 in a perfect world, but often end up having to dry in an indoor closet, which makes it house temp/rh. But that’s about 76/65. It’s not too bad. I get 6-8 days of dry usually. Love to get ten. I did when I used the tent and could dial in the environment, and now that I have the awesome dehumidifier I could really make it exact. Glad you got them in. And yeah, at least in my experience, trying to dry buds in high rh is often problematic. You did the right thing. Especially if they’re really dense buds.
I have come to believe that the dry and cure is arguably the most important and determinant factor in your end product.

Thanks! The last plant standing is really putting on weight now! She has a little different bud structure. I can't wait!
I have come to believe that the dry and cure is arguably the most important and determinant factor in your end product.
Most definitely! These airy buds will dry fast in this enviro. I try to keep the rh just right but it's tough.

I'm glad you got them inside.
Too many variables outside to dry properly.
You don't still have a fan on them do you?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I'm happy you moved them inside, too, Stone. That's what I would have done.

I hope the rain stops for you soon so that your second Candida can live another day.

Do you believe this to be true even if all the bud is made into oil? This is how I use mine.

Do you believe this to be true even if all the bud is made into oil? This is how I use mine.
That's a good question, HG. I posed a similar question in the thread Is a cure necessary if going directly to extracts? and there was a lot of back and forth but no real conclusion. I'd have thought that someone would have known the answer straight up, but I guess it hasn't been tested yet.

I may do that in the coming months as I've gotten through many of the experiments I had wanted to do.

That's a good question, HG. I posed a similar question in this thread and there was a lot of back and forth but no real conclusion. I would have thought that someone would have known the answer straight up, but I guess it hasn't been tested yet.

I may do that in the coming months as I've gotten through many of the experiments I had wanted to do.
Some folks smoke their extracts and it seems the answer might be different from those making capsules/edibles. I know that Sue wanted to maintain the entire terpene profile for edibles and did a whole thread on making Fresh Harvest Oil, about as far from cured as it gets!

I'm happy you moved them inside, too, Stone. That's what I would have done.

I hope the rain stops for you soon so that your second Candida can live another day.

Thanks HashGirl, I am too, no worries in there. It got all sunny and 70/21 so I'm back to sitting on the deck enjoying.

I do believe in the entourage effect creating something, whatever it may be, from all the different things it may offer. It's interesting when you ask about taking it as oil which is what I'll be doing with the Candida. I'm going to say yes for the entourage effect we may get even in capsule form until someone can tell me otherwise. What are you thinking about it?

I agree too. If you wet trim and enjoy some cheeky scissor hash, it's in my experience a little different to the hash from a cured bud. I find my edibles punch hardest around the 6 month to a year mark. Maybe longer but I make so many edibles I never have any longer than a year. It's definitely better for smoking/vaping when it's cured and I'm not convinced its all chlorophyll

That's a good question, HG. I posed a similar question in this thread and there was a lot of back and forth but no real conclusion. I would have thought that someone would have known the answer straight up, but I guess it hasn't been tested yet.

After re reading the thread again I have no good explanation. Good question Azi!

I agree too. If you wet trim and enjoy some cheeky scissor hash, it's in my experience a little different to the hash from a cured bud. I find my edibles punch hardest around the 6 month to a year mark. Maybe longer but I make so many edibles I never have any longer than a year. It's definitely better for smoking/vaping when it's cured and I'm not convinced its all chlorophyll
I'm not sure curing is really necessary for a dry herb vape. One of my plants a couple of years ago got dried too far too fast, and couldn't be cured. I vaped some, and I couldn't really find much difference with its cured sister.
I'm trying to remember if I made edibles from it, but I'm pretty sure that's the weed I gave to my neighbour for hash.

I was just thinking about it while hitting the pax. It wouldn't make as much difference in a vape. Beyond the first 3 hits at low temps, it all tastes pretty much the same at any temp anyway. Still the same amount of thc. It's all them other goodies that produce the unique effects.
I've quick dried buds and got high but it's not as strong as when it gets a proper dry and cure. It's a good indicator for me but not as good as the final product. Interesting topic

FRIDAY MYDAY UPDATE

Good day to you! A day or five more will do it for the second and last Candida. Today is a gift @ 80f in the yard! Getting more rot now but also looking at good days and nights so day by day. Buds still 99% there, trying for a few more days as I don't see them as ripe yet. I have to get the scope out again!

:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom