Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Highya SO,

I don't amend the soil except to add layers of organic matter on plant sites, as I can, then through the winter, I add woodstove ashes. I'll need to add more this year, as they developed a calcium deficiency neat the end. Also, one showed a phosphorus deficienye, so I'll have to fix that before next plant date. Hop you have a great day! Happy Smokin'

Congrats on the first half of the harvest Otter. That must have been a huge job. The warm head sounds mighty pleasant. Holding thumbs that the second plant gives you the extra time and bud surge!

May they RIP (Rest In Pipes). :Rasta:
Your funny bone is on today!
Highya SO,

I don't amend the soil except to add layers of organic matter on plant sites, as I can, then through the winter, I add woodstove ashes. I'll need to add more this year, as they developed a calcium deficiency neat the end. Also, one showed a phosphorus deficienye, so I'll have to fix that before next plant date. Hop you have a great day! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode, time to ponder my holes :D
Congrats on the first half of the harvest Otter. That must have been a huge job. The warm head sounds mighty pleasant. Holding thumbs that the second plant gives you the extra time and bud surge!
Thanks Carmen! 4 hours yesterday. I'm waiting for rain to stop today to get back at it.

Congrats on the first Candida takedown, Stone! I wondered about the lime juice, too. Do you think any citrus fruit would work? (Just curious.)

Congrats on your first half Candida harvest! :woohoo:
And hanging after a wash in lime juice bucket, baking soda bucket, plain water bucket.
My understanding (I could be wrong) is that the lime/lemon juice and the baking soda should be in the same bucket. One neutralizes the other so that is it less harsh on the plant's trichomes.

And a belated congrats for MotM title! :bravo:

Congrats on the first Candida takedown, Stone! I wondered about the lime juice, too. Do you think any citrus fruit would work? (Just curious.)
Hi HashGirl, lime and lemon. I think orange isn't acid enough? Just thought, I have no proof. Shed's been using citric acid. I thought that was a good idea.
Congrats on your first half Candida harvest! :woohoo:

My understanding (I could be wrong) is that the lime/lemon juice and the baking soda should be in the same bucket. One neutralizes the other so that is it less harsh on the plant's trichomes.

And a belated congrats for MotM title! :bravo:
Thanks Beez! Oh my! So my thought was what the heck are they combining them for? I don't understand. Hmmmm. I always separate them so they don't cancel each other out. Does combining them create something completely different? Hmmm again. I have noticed folks doing it that way, I figured let them go if it works for them. I'll stay the course. Oh well, like the missus says, wrong again.

Oh no...please don't rinse your flowers in isopropyl alcohol! It will melt the trichomes. :eek:

Some folks use hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) in their wash water for powdery mildew but I found 1% citric acid much more effective.
Lol got you my mistake. Was hydrogen peroxide not isopropyl 😂😂

Thought to myself after posting, bloody idiots using iso, I use the same stuff to make RSO 😂😂😂😂

Lol got you my mistake. Was hydrogen peroxide not isopropyl 😂😂

Thought to myself after posting, bloody idiots using iso, I use the same stuff to make RSO 😂😂😂😂
Same questions - first stupid post 😂 what’s the benefits? is this something only outdoor growers do?

Same questions - first stupid post 😂 what’s the benefits? is this something only outdoor growers do?
Sorry I was overcome with dread when you mentioned the iso and forgot to answer the other part. :)

Outside growers should all do it because of everything that lands on the plants in the open air, not to mention the stuff many of us spray on our plants (organic or otherwise) to deal with pests/rot/mold.

Indoor growers with filters on the intake fans and no pets or pests might be able to get away with not washing, but there's still a lot of dust that comes in that might be worth washing off.

Also, washing after harvest creates evenly moist flowers and therefore a more even drying process.

Sorry I was overcome with dread when you mentioned the iso and forgot to answer the other part. :)

Outside growers should all do it because of everything that lands on the plants in the open air, not to mention the stuff many of us spray on our plants (organic or otherwise) to deal with pests/rot/mold.

Indoor growers with filters on the intake fans and no pets or pests might be able to get away with not washing, but there's still a lot of dust that comes in that might be worth washing off.

Also, washing after harvest creates evenly moist flowers and therefore a more even drying process.
Loool no worries brosef, my bad, cheers

Good morning everyone.
Big question lurking today.
I have 98% rh outdoors lately and have since the chop.
The first plant hangs in the shed with a fan blowing directly on them.
Today makes day 3.
I'm thinking of taking them in where I can lower the rh.

Are these buds going to rot for just being out in the high rh?

Good morning everyone.
Big question lurking today.
I have 98% rh outdoors lately and have since the chop.
The first plant hangs in the shed with a fan blowing directly on them.
Today makes day 3.
I'm thinking of taking them in where I can lower the rh.

Are these buds going to rot for just being out in the high rh?

In my experience mold or rot is still related to spores of the fungi in the air, so if the fan has dust on it and the temperature is good for fungi proliferation and add to that RH is high, mold could happen. Given that 70% of the bud weight is water, drying the first week still represents a potential for small spots that could get contaminated. I would think that a bud wash with bicarb citric acid and or peroxide with kill off all spores on the bud, but when moving air with a fan we still move particles to the bud…

Congrats on the harvest btw, hope everything can dry fast :)
:peace:

OK NOW! So I went out and felt the bud drying. It was wet to me so in they came. I feel better in a controlled environment.

The last one is hanging on! Some more rot gets cut out every day now, maybe two good buds now a day. This wet weather has to stop or i'm going to have to end this one too. One more day today and another look! We are expecting dry weather, let's see it! NO PM.

I hope the weather dries up for you today Otter. So Jadam maybe working against the PM! How often do you spray the JMS? I also use those clips for drying... such a time saver.

Fingers crossed you get them into the jars with no more rot. Recon bringing them in is a better move. I've saved a fat indica a couple years ago by drying it in my cupboard with clothes hanging around it. Seemed to absorb the moisture and I got no more rot. Might come up with a better idea but that worked for me

Back
Top Bottom