3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disaster!

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Wow! I guess my investment and profit looks sad in Comparison. If only I knew then that I know now.....

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Wow! I guess my investment and profit looks sad in Comparison. If only I knew then that I know now.....

Yeah, no kidding I first heard of bitcoin when it was less than a dollar a coin.

Update time! Today is the day that Lemon Candy got her final pot. The temps and humidity have been holding steady lately but damn, I'm using a lot of water. Got another 10 gallons of RO water today, just to have enough. On a side note, I needed water because I forgot to fill up a 1 gallon container while I was getting the 10, so I used my refrigerator water. Turns out, that the water from there is nearly as pure as the RO water. It was only about 33ppm from the spot.

Anyway, pre-charged the CocoTek like I've been doing, with the CalMag Plus, Flora Bloom, and RapidStart Rooting Enhancer.

Lemon Candy - Day 1 Veg

Here's the Lemon Candy, before making herself comfortable in her new final home:
20171217_102923.jpg

And here is her root system:
20171217_103031.jpg

And finally, Lemon Candy in her Final Pot:
20171217_103505.jpg

I had some CocoTek left over so I put it in a cleaned out 2 Liter bottle of Dr. Pepper, as well as 4 Solo Cups. Perlite on the bottom and put holes near the bottom, like Hempy Style Containers. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet... run an auto or two? Suggestions?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Frustration has been setting in lately fellow 420'ers. Nothing to do with the plants, but with watering these big bitches every morning. I know they need their feedings and I know it's somewhat supposed to be work, but with the height between the lights (I can raise and lower them at will, but I'm all for simplified processes) and the plants, there is only about a foot of working space. Trying to reach back with a 1 liter bottle of water and not get any on the leaves is a process... so, here's what I came up with...

I have an assload of 1/2" PEX Tubing and some 3/4" PEX Tubing. Also got a few packets of 1/2" Tees for the PEX.
For those of you who do not know what PEX is, it is water line that construction plumbers use instead of copper to run their water lines now a days.
I drilled some 3/16" holes into a piece of 1/2" PEX, then bent it in a circular fashion to go around the inside of the bucket. Connected the two ends with a 1/2" Tee, to about 16" of straight 1/2" PEX. Then I used a 3/4" - 1/2" reducer to connect a 9" piece off 3/4" inch PEX.

The reason for the 3/4" PEX is for the funnel to fit in. It will not fit in the 1/2", so I had to improvise.

Here is the result, without the funnel on it....
20171217_202017.jpg

It is held in place in the bucket by a piece of 12 gauge electrical wire wrapped around the tube, then the other end is bent like a fish hook, pushed down into the coco. It should stay put.

Now, all I have to do is connect the funnel, pour the water into the funnel, and go to the next one. If this works the way I want it to, I'll make it permanent, just better for all 6 of them.

Thoughts?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

For those interested, the new watering system worked flawlessly. Emptied the 1 liter bottle in like 5 seconds, if that, and it distributed the water evenly around the whole plant. Guess its time to make some more!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Dropped a Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto Seed in some pH'd water, just for fun. It is the shortest (time wise) seed to finish auto seed I have. Here are the specs on it...

oyal Queen Seeds - Diesel Automatic

This powerful, automatic flowering Diesel hybrid can go from 0 to 60 grams in only 60 days. This strain is a hybrid of the classic New York City Diesel crossed with the awesome Lowryder #2.

Diesel Automatic offers the well-known and much-loved taste and aroma of the New York City Diesel while offering quicker harvests thanks to the autoflowering genetics gained from its Lowryder #2 parent. Like all the newer autoflowering hybrids, it has an improved yield and better flavour compared to many of the original autoflowering strains.

It is a fast and powerful strain (good growers can expect 60 grams per plant) and takes around 8 weeks for the whole growth cycle. This means it can grow almost anywhere, and is ideal for small grow tents, cupboards or guerrilla grows outdoors. It normally grows to a height of around 50 to 70 cm indoors, but can grow larger if given space or grown outdoors.

Diesel Automatic has a strong odour, so please keep this in mind if growing in more discreet conditions. Its flavour is mainly the chemical, fuel-like diesel taste but not quite as overpowering. There is also a slight citrus aroma in the buds. If you like New York City Diesel but don’t have the time, space or ability to grow it – then Diesel Automatic is the perfect strain for you.

Cannabinoid content: Medium
Effect: A clean and clear high without euphoria
Genetic background: Quick one x (quick one x Diesel)
Height of the plant: 40-80 cm
Harvest month: 8-9 weeks after sprouting
Yield: 30-50 grams
Type; Sativa:40%; Indica: 30%; Ruderalis: 30%

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I think the FIM job I did worked! Perhaps you guys can tell me a little better... I spread out the top fan leaves some, and exposed some nice looking growth. Check out the two Bad Azz Kush plants (1st two pictures) and the Chemdog Millionaire (5th picture.) On the first two, the growth to me is awesome. On the Chemdog, that was just done the other day though.

Day 15 Veg

Bad Azz Kush #1 - Top View:
20171218_205137.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 - Top View:
20171218_205219.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 - Top View:
20171218_205315.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 - Top View:
20171218_205349.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1 - Top View:
20171218_205422.jpg

Then I went ahead, being excited, I FIM'ed the Blue Cheese #1:
20171218_205608.jpg

The Blue Cheese #2, A.K.A. "Runt" I don't believe is ready, maybe the next day or two I'll get to give her a haircut...

Of course, can't forget the Lemon Candy...

Day 2 Veg

Lemon Candy#2 - Top View:
20171218_205026.jpg

So, do you think the FIM attempts are working out ok so far?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I think the FIM job I did worked! Perhaps you guys can tell me a little better... I spread out the top fan leaves some, and exposed some nice looking growth. Check out the two Bad Azz Kush plants (1st two pictures) and the Chemdog Millionaire (5th picture.) On the first two, the growth to me is awesome. On the Chemdog, that was just done the other day though.

Day 15 Veg

Bad Azz Kush #1 - Top View:
20171218_205137.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 - Top View:
20171218_205219.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 - Top View:
20171218_205315.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 - Top View:
20171218_205349.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1 - Top View:
20171218_205422.jpg

Then I went ahead, being excited, I FIM'ed the Blue Cheese #1:
20171218_205608.jpg

The Blue Cheese #2, A.K.A. "Runt" I don't believe is ready, maybe the next day or two I'll get to give her a haircut...

Of course, can't forget the Lemon Candy...

Day 2 Veg

Lemon Candy#2 - Top View:
20171218_205026.jpg

So, do you think the FIM attempts are working out ok so far?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Give it another day or two then post a pic it's hard to tell for me ?

Did some more Low Stress Training on the plants, and even did the newly Vegging Lemon Candy. Her trunk is pretty thick for her size, so figured, what the hell.... all but the Lemon Candy and Blue Cheese #2 (The runt) are FIM'ed and all but Blue Cheese #1 are being trained. She just looks so beautiful, I'm letting her stretch a little bit after her FIM haircut...

Enjoy!

Bad Azz Kush #1 Training:
20171220_203350.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 Training:
20171220_203433.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 NO Training:
20171220_203516.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 Training:
20171220_203556.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1 Training:
20171220_203632.jpg

Lemon Candy #2 Light Training:
20171220_203723.jpg

Once I see that the Blue Cheese #1 starts pushing out some side growth from her FIM process, I'll start stretching her out....

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Well cerdu. So far so awesome. No disaster so far. Your doing great and seem to have a good grasp and understanding. I see big nugs in your future ✌

Well cerdu. So far so awesome. No disaster so far. Your doing great and seem to have a good grasp and understanding. I see big nugs in your future ✌

Thanks Dabbee, but to be honest, it has to do with all the threads similar to what my grow is. Your Hempy bucket grow has helped tons! Reading up on Coco threads, threads grown with COBs, threads with different strains... all the above are the ones I have been learning how to grow and what to not do.

One thing though I have done different than I have seen is that people talk about using half or quarter the amount of recommended nutrients is something I have NOT done. I have been following the schedules one the bottles, and NOT reducing them. So far though, it seems to have been working out well!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

To be honest I thought that soil would be the best option for beginners but now think coco hempy buckets are the way to go. Just follow the feed schedule for whatever product your using and your good to go. Keep up the good work!

Hey all! Happy Christmas Eve Eve!! Just wanted to throw a little info out about the auto I dropped.

Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto was planted in the coco in a 2 liter bottle yesterday about 24 hours ago. This is her now.

20171223_225513.jpg

If she finishes in 60 days from now like they claim, I may have a new affinity for autos, while growing larger photos. So far, she had popped her tap root, planted her roots, and spit off her shell. Now let's see how long it takes her to start showing her girly parts!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Tragedy strikes...
Upon trying to open up some lower nodes to some light on the Bad Azz Kush #1 (Probably my best performing girl before this) I felt a "Snap" as I was pushing her limb down some. This is the result...

20171224_122246.jpg

Nice clean cut right at the node. Ugh... I hurried up and tried some Harry Potter shit, pressed it back in place, said a few choice words, but I guess my wand wasn't working right today because it didn't magically repair itself. So I hurried up, grabbed one of the empty solo cups, soaked it in pre- loaded water until some runoff, dipped the end in water, made a hole in the coco, and planted that broken limb in the cup, thinking - what a nice branch for a clone!

20171224_122339.jpg

Whether it will take or not, is anyone's guess. I added some RapidStart Rooting Enhancer drops to the top of the coco hoping it will help.

Here's my new bald spot in Bad Azz Kush #1:

SmartSelectImage_2017-12-24-12-28-29.jpg

Hopefully the plant itself recovers.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

The plant will be okay. I learned the hard way 2 times not to push growths down.... I split a couple shoots and luckily the entire arm didn't come off. Honestly on one plant it has the biggest nug

1b49b70b313bbfa41279c1a096f0d55f.jpg

But you made the right choice as far as taking the clone. Do you have an old water jug or soda bottle to put over it? I like to mist the inside of one and place it over when possible.

I also like to pinch the plant a little ways away from the stock and roll it between my fingers. That combined with watering an hour before training will make the plant a little more pliable. Each time your train pinch the plant a little further out than the time before. This makes for nice strong arms.

My opinion on the matter at least. A plant in veg will keep chugging along just fine after a snip. Yours are super healthy

Wishing you and yours a merry next couple of days.

Hey all! Happy Christmas Eve Eve!! Just wanted to throw a little info out about the auto I dropped.

Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto was planted in the coco in a 2 liter bottle yesterday about 24 hours ago. This is her now.

20171223_225513.jpg

If she finishes in 60 days from now like they claim, I may have a new affinity for autos, while growing larger photos. So far, she had popped her tap root, planted her roots, and spit off her shell. Now let's see how long it takes her to start showing her girly parts!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*
Congrats on the new addition!!!

The plant will be okay. I learned the hard way 2 times not to push growths down.... I split a couple shoots and luckily the entire arm didn't come off. Honestly on one plant it has the biggest nug

1b49b70b313bbfa41279c1a096f0d55f.jpg

But you made the right choice as far as taking the clone. Do you have an old water jug or soda bottle to put over it? I like to mist the inside of one and place it over when possible.

Wishing you and yours a merry next couple of days.

I tried to use any empty 1 gallon water jug, but it is to small believe it or not... it pinches the leaves. I turned the humidifier on to it's second setting, and put it next to it, so it gets the most humidity, so we will see how it goes....

Thanks Dan,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Update time! It's been a hectic week, work, holidays, family... I'm sure the same for everyone else just the same. Today marks the 4th full week of vegetative stage for the original 5 girls, and the 2nd full week of the vegetative stage for Lemon Candy., so without further ado, here they are, side and top views of each.

DAY 28 Veg of original 5:

Bad Azz Kush #1 Top View:
20171231_073459.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #1 Side View:
20171231_073548.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 Top View:
20171231_073101.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 Side View:
20171231_135447.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 Top View:
20171231_072527.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 Side View:
20171231_071629.jpg

If anyone noticed, the top of this baby got burnt, lights. How it happened : Wednesday morning before heading off to work, noticed that she grew pretty tall, and was only a few inches away from the light fixture. Figured I'd train her a bit more when I got home. Well, when I got home 12 Hours later, she must have grew a ton, because she was already up into the reflector and touching the light... big dummy! So, had to deal with the results and train her some more. Also had to raise the lights some due to others stretching for them. More training was done today as well.

Blue Cheese #2 Top View:
20171231_072402.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 Side View:
20171231_071544.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1 Top View:
20171231_072307.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1 Side View:
20171231_071448.jpg

Day 15 Veg of Lemon Candy:

Lemon Candy #2 Top View:
20171231_081717.jpg

Lemon Candy #2 Side View:
20171231_081625.jpg

All original 6....
20171231_075313.jpg

Next post will be the clones and the auto, and a little surprise!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Update time, Part 2!

In this update, we will go through the Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto, clones from Bad Azz Kush #1 and Blue Cheese #1, as well as one little surprise!

On to the pics....

Royal Queen Seeds Auto, Day 9 From Seed:
20171231_083628.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #1 Clone, Day #7:
20171231_083223.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 Clone, Day 6:
20171231_083322.jpg

So, it looks like the clones took root, and they are doing well so far! Couldn't believe it, but for a first time, I guess I succeeded in cloning by accident!

And now a little surprise. I took out the girls to train them, clean their trays, and examination. On looking at the Bad Azz Kush #2, i noticed some white stands... pistils showing! Whoop whoop!

20171231_083748.jpg

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Back
Top Bottom