3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disaster!

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

All caught up, I really like your grow room, I am in an old tool closet in my basement. Now that I am a little more serious about growing I hope to construct a proper grow room. (know any links on how to make a secret door? lol)

My grow was impromptu, bag seeds, but have since purchased about 80 seeds from seedsman. I started my grow Late Sept, I used a cheap gardening soil I purchased from home depot and it was very hot and had lots of wood chips... lesson learned, the soil stunted my plants growth and didnt even make it out of the solo cups for the first 3 weeks. By that time I started to do research on growing and decided on coco hempy buckets. After transplanting, my plants all started to take off but I started to have fungus gnats. I was advised that neem oil was a good was to get rid of them and sprayed all my plants down. Little did I know that if you do that with the lights on, your plants will fry lol.

I have probably read over 100 journals on this site so I have a pretty good understanding of of how to grow now but there is still so much to learn. I am 15 days into flowering on the lone survivor from my growing pains and 13 days into a blue kush auto I started to supplement my stash until I can start another proper photo grow going.

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Just watched a video on how to construct a bookcase secret door. I might need to call it a night.

Just watched a video on how to construct a bookcase secret door. I might need to call it a night.

That'll be pretty super stealth. Think you may need some special hinges, but let us know how it goes!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Someone want to help me out with this leaf issue... just started this evening as it was not there in the morning. It is on the Blue Cheese #1, but ONLY on the 5 finger leaves, which are the latest to fully pop out. It is also the ONLY plant to have it. Nothing has changed, as they are all getting the same amount of nutes, lighting, and air flow. All the other leaves and nodes look great and there is no discoloration in the stem or branches. Also, as you can see from the picture there is no discoloration in the veins of the leaf either.

20171212_213933.jpg

Thank you for your input...

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

While I was examining the kids, I really got to looking at the Bad Azz Kush plants. Both had their fifth node starting, so I decided to take the leap and try my hand at a FIM process.

Here is the Bad Azz Kush #2, before the FIM work.
20171212_225907.jpg

And a closeup of the FIM area:
20171212_225302.jpg

And now, the top view after the FIM attempt:
20171212_225211.jpg

And a view from the side after FIM:
20171212_230002.jpg

How did I do?
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Great! And the leaf issue is due to under watering in coco I believe...

Great! And the leaf issue is due to under watering in coco I believe...

Thank you four the input Dabbee... that was the last thing on my mind, since I've been watering every morning before work until a good amount of run off comes out of each bucket. I'll have to give this girl a tad more uh the evening I guess and see what happens.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Someone want to help me out with this leaf issue... just started this evening as it was not there in the morning. It is on the Blue Cheese #1, but ONLY on the 5 finger leaves, which are the latest to fully pop out. It is also the ONLY plant to have it. Nothing has changed, as they are all getting the same amount of nutes, lighting, and air flow. All the other leaves and nodes look great and there is no discoloration in the stem or branches. Also, as you can see from the picture there is no discoloration in the veins of the leaf either.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Yeah in the first few weeks after transplant I have watered twice a day and used a spray bottle on the leaves in between. Some plants from seed, even if those seeds are from the same plant, will have different environmental sensitivities. Looks like light burn to me, but I cant tell if it is the leaves near the top of the plant or the bottom. Either way it seems like a ride it out situation unless it gets dramatically worse.

Well, I figured I'd let it play out and see if the symptoms get worse or better - kept the watering/ feeding the same this morning and if she looks like she needs some more to drink after work, ill oblige. She has gotten a bit taller but i don't think it's enough to ask if sudden cause some light burn, being that she's been at the same amount for a while now - but could be mistaken. Only time will tell....

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I had a point where just the tips of my leaves were burnt, even less than what I am seeing on your plant, I flushed my buckets with 2 gallons of just regular tap water followed by a gallon of pH 5.5 tap. I feel like it was over reactive but I saw no further issues. You cant really over water coco especially if they are in hempy buckets. You can over feed though especially if the RH is low, the plants will drink the water then leave the nute residue in the reservoir and on the coco itself.

Your doing great, cant wait to see how they turn out. :goodjob:

Little update - the leaf situation doesn't seem to have gotten any worse, which doesn't mean it had gotten better. Of course, I didn't expect it to get noticeably in the little time i was away today, but thought it could be worse. Guess that's a good thing?

I also went ahead and FIM'ed the other Bad Azz Kush (#1) this evening just to see if I could do it better a second time around. What i mean by that is the FIM from last night resulted in a dead leaf right next to where i FIM'ed. Even after looking at my hack job, decided to try it again... can't get any better if you don't keep trying, right?

Here is the dead leaf from last night's work:
20171213_205945.jpg

Also noticed that the very first leaves are heavily drooping on 4 out of 5 of the plants and I'm wondering if I should cut them off?
20171213_211224.jpg

Little help for this noob issue would be appreciated, Lol!
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Damn, just realized that there is growth coming off that first node leaf that I thought should be defoliated...
20171213_213741.jpg

And for happy thoughts, here is Bad Azz Kush #1 After her haircut tonight...
20171213_212156.jpg

So, my question still remains, should I cull that first node where it looks so sad?

Thanks in advance,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I'd start with white widow. It's a forgiving strain with good yield for those just starting out. But then again you are doing really well so far!

Sad to hear your not gonna build the room.... or are you just tableing the project for now?

I wouldn't strip the lower growth it's not wilting. When they can't get enough light facing up they change angles to collect the most light possible

And the bit of burn is probably a little deficiency I'll look it up again for ya I just forgot already....

I just got by black friday purchase this week and dropped a gorilla glue auto and an OG skunk auto. I want to thank all the people who are rushing to buy bitcoins and bumped the price up lol.

I'd start with white widow. It's a forgiving strain with good yield for those just starting out. But then again you are doing really well so far!

Sad to hear your not gonna build the room.... or are you just tableing the project for now?

I wouldn't strip the lower growth it's not wilting. When they can't get enough light facing up they change angles to collect the most light possible

And the bit of burn is probably a little deficiency I'll look it up again for ya I just forgot already....

Dab.... not scratching the project, just figured a 5x5 tent for under $100 is a bit cheaper and easier than building a room from scratch.

Besides, the way work is going lately, I don't think I'll get the time to actually build one, even though I have a lot of improvements in mind from this last build that is like to implement, but I guess I'll save then for the 2x2 that's already in progress for clones and/ drying.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I just got by black friday purchase this week and dropped a gorilla glue auto and an OG skunk auto. I want to thank all the people who are rushing to buy bitcoins and bumped the price up lol.
Right? My 4 bucks change from Sept is now 43.... seeds for the new years

Sweet. Jw cause your build looked pretty awesome! I get it though sometimes it's easier to pay a little coin vs. Weeks of work to diy

I bet those seeds are worth more in medicine than cryptocurrency ever will be worth. :bravo:

How about this one: i bought .25 (around, just a hair more) Bitcoin 2 years ago, for $100.00 Just because there were some things on the Deep Web marketplaces I was interested in. after i got what i was looking at, i still had .13 Bitcoin left - and haven't touched it until recently when it was only $10,000/Bitcoin. I cashed $1,000 USD, and have had my money grow ever since - how I have been buying seeds and other things lately. If I'd have known then, when it was at $380/Bitcoin, I'd have bought $15,000 worth!

Sweet. Jw cause your build looked pretty awesome! I get it though sometimes it's easier to pay a little coin vs. Weeks of work to diy

Even if I did have the time to build it the way I want it, it's going to cost me more in wood and drywall than it is for the tent. Under $100 including shipping for a 5'x5' I think is an awesome deal.

I bet those seeds are worth more in medicine than cryptocurrency ever will be worth. :bravo:

Hmmm... yeah, maybe, Lol!

Hey there, looks like your in the proccess of making a very nice setup. Sounds interesting! Subbed up

Nice to have you aboard Kevin... hope you enjoy the disaster, lol.... we'll see how it turns out though. It's a learning experience, this run.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Back
Top Bottom