3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disaster!

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

As promised, some info on the new seed, when she starts, Girl Scout Crack, by Seedsman.

Description

A cross of two perennially popular strains; Green Crack and Girls Scout Cookies, Girl Scout Crack retains the most sought after traits of both its parents. Combining the invigorating energy and focus of the sativa-dominant Green Crack with the euphoric relaxation of indica-dominant Girl Scout Cookies, this strain enables users to find a perfect balance between vitality and respite.

The phenomenal therapeutic benefits of both parents are also prevalent in Girl Scout Crack, which is suitable for those suffering with pain, nausea, loss of appetite, stress and depression. As an indica/sativa hybrid, it is suitable for both night and day medication.

Girl Scout Crack has a sweet, fruity aroma with purple leaves and a dense bud structure. Like both parents, the strain takes around 7 - 9 weeks to finish flowering.

Characteristics

BREEDER Seedsman
GENETICS Green Crack x Girl Scout Cookies
VARIETY Indica / Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 17.5%
CBD CONTENT 0-1%
GROWS Indoors
FLOWERING TIME 7 - 9 weeks
MEDICAL CONDITIONS Depression, Lack of Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Stress
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Yes
TASTE / FLAVOUR Fruity, Sweet
EFFECT Euphoric, Relaxing, Uplifting

We shall see...

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Hey everyone! So I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, soaking in the endless knowledge that everyone shares here - well at least as much as my feeble brain will allow. After seeing all the dense nug pictures from everyone else's grows, I've decided to lean backwards, spread my wings, and take the plunge into a grow all my own.

It's bound to be full of mistakes, so please, sit back, laugh with me, and enjoy this comic relief. Any suggestions along the way will be appreciated. Now on to the good stuff.

I'm anticipating this to be a fairly long post, so ill post again after this with some pictures so far...

First up, the grow room(s) information.

The first area - the vegetation chamber, is nearly complete. It is made with my two skilled hands with equipment I've had laying about. The interior dimensions are 4'x4.5'x6.5'. It is constructed out of 2x4s, 3 5/8" metal studs and track, and 5/8" drywall. It is not light proof yet, until Saturday, when the panda film gets delivered. Then the floor and walls will be wrapped in it.

The second area - the flowering house, is only in the planning stages as of right now, but expecting much of the same with the interior dimensions being closer to 5'x5'.

The lighting - inside the vegetation chamber currently are 4 Citizen clu048-1212 COBs with a light spectrum of 6500k. They are hung on any adjustable aluminum rack, that i can move up and down as the girls tell me to using a pulley and airplane cable. Two more cobs should be delivered tomorrow, then 2 more soon after that. They are powered be a Mean Well HLG-320H-36B driver with a 100k ohm potentiometer. I also have 4 100 watt (23 watts from the wall) 6500k CFL lights that I have not installed yet.

The flowering house has not been decided upon yet, but all help and suggestions will be considered.

The medium - this grow, after seeds pop (more on then shortly) will start in 4" Rockwool cubes and then into 5 gallon Hempy style buckets. The bottom 1/4 of these Hempy buckets will be perlite, then above that will be General Hydroponics CocoTek. May throw some perlite on the top, but have not decided just yet.

Nutrients - nothing special or fancy - RO water, Advanced nutrients Cal Mag Xtra (4-0-0), and General Hydroponics FloraBloom. pH Up and pH Down as needed.

Let's talk about the babies...
3 strains, hopeful to have all the seeds pop and have 2 of each of the following feminized seeds...

Barney Farms Bad Azz Kush - Feminized x2
Bad Azz OG is a Kush strain which comes from pre-'98 lineage Los Angeles. Our friends from Nectar sector deliveries asked the rapper to endorse it with his name attached to this potent Kush. Bad Azz - from Snoop Dogg's entourage known as the Dogg Pound. The Original OG was crossed with an Afghan Kush and thereafter the result was crossed again with Urkel to produce this wonderful marijuana strain.

Bad Ass Kush is a heavy, resinous cannabis strain, tested at 24% THC and 1.1% CBD. This is a very dank, fuel-smelling plant with undertones of forest fruits that has a knock out effect. This strain produces big buds with an amazingly heavy yield. Growing to between 120 - 170 cm. and producing yields of 700 gr/m2 she will finish in 8 weeks flowering (7 weeks with a little help if you are lucky) but she needs to be pruned during the vegetative stage and she can stretch quite a bit in bloom so ensure that there is sufficient space and headroom. Outdoors harvest will be during the second half of September in the northern hemisphere.

A powerfully relaxing strain that can cause some couch-lock especially in those not used to it.
Characteristics
Breeder Barney's Farm Seeds
Genetics Original OG x Urkel x Afghan Kush
Variety Indica
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Sex Feminised
THC Content 24%
CBD Content 1.1%
Yield 700 gr/m2
Plant Height 120cm - 170cm
Grows Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 55 days
Harvest Month Mid - Late September
Taste / Flavour Diesel, Fruity, Fuel
Effect Long-lasting, Powerful, Relaxing

Up next, DinaFem's Blue Cheese:
Blue Cheese is a cross of two very well-known marijuana strains viz. UK Cheese and Blueberry. It is an indica-dominant plant with a complex aroma/flavour profile and a wonderfully relaxing effect.,/p>

Dinafem's Blue Cheese can be grown outdoors as well as indoors thanks to the particularly fast-flowering Blueberry that they used in its creation. Where the temperature falls markedly at night plants will turn a range of purple and blue colours which adds to the beauty of this plant. Indoors flowering takes just 50 - 55 days with yields of 550 gr/m2. Growers are advised to not let this strain veg, too long as it will stretch to triple its height once flowering occurs. Outdoors or in a greenhouse plants can grow to a height of 3 meters yielding between 600 - 800 gr/plant before the first half of October is over. In cooler regions the display of colour will be most pronounced.

An utterly delicious combination of cheese and berries hit the nostrils and palate making it one of the most unmistakeable of cannabis strains. THC production is high at between 15% - 20% with surprisingly low CBD for a variety that delivers such a physically relaxing effect that is powerful and of long duration.
Characteristics
Breeder Dinafem Seeds
Genetics UK Cheese x Blueberry
Variety Indica
Sex Feminised
THC Content 15% - 20%
CBD Content 0% - 1%
Yield Indoors; 550 g/m2; Outdoors: 600 - 800 gr/plant
Plant Height Outdoors up to 3 metres
Grows Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 50 - 55 days
Harvest Month Early October
Taste / Flavour Berry, Cheese
Effect Long-lasting, Physical, Powerful, Relaxing

And last but not least, Dr. Krippling's Chemdog Millionaire:
eds are ready to harvest in 8-9 weeks in End October. This Feminised seed grows well in Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors conditions. Additionally it can be expected to grow into a Tall plant reaching 160-200 cm. This strain has Delhi Friend x Chemdawg Genetics. It has a Very High (over 20%) THC Content. The CBD content of the strain is Unknown.
Some parts are toxically fruity, chemically, sweet and sour, yet some parts are earthy, dank with a pine forest aroma and flavour. Chemdog Millionaire tantalises and tickles the full spectrum of senses in ones body. It can refresh and rejuvenate, yet it may also chill the F out of you, relax you like nothing ever has before and induce sleep. It can sort your head out and clear your senses, yet it can also cloud your head and senses, and one could find oneself concentrating and meditating on pointless shi@ for hours on end.
Characteristics
Breeder Dr Krippling Seeds
Genetics Delhi Friend x Chemdawg
Sex Feminised
THC Content 20-22%
Yield Outdoors: 350-700 gr/plant & Greenhouse: 500 gr-1000 gr/plant
Plant Height 160-200 cm
Flowering Time 8-9 weeks
Harvest Month End October
Taste / Flavour Chemical, Earthy, Fruity, Pine, Sour, Sweet

I also have on hand some Lemon Candy and Girl Scout Crack (2 of each) but did not germinate them, as my grow area suggests I stop at these for now. I purchased the Chemdog Millionaire from the Seedsman seed bank and got the others as freebies.

Right now, the 6 seeds are in paper towels, in a Ziploc baggie, inside a paper bag waiting to pop.

Follow along, chime in, giggle and laugh, and enjoy the ride. My next post will be pictures of the process so far.

Thank you for watching,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I'm stoked for you, looking forward to following along. I'm a few days behind you on my first grow, I look forward to learning some lessons and having a few laughs along the way. :Namaste:

I'm stoked for you, looking forward to following along. I'm a few days behind you on my first grow, I look forward to learning some lessons and having a few laughs along the way. :Namaste:

Hey Mosspb! Glad to have you ride along! Should be a fun trip!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Looking good so far!

Sometimes the cotyledons stay in the droopy shape for as long as they live so dont use them as an indicator of over-watering.

Looking good so far!

Sometimes the cotyledons stay in the droopy shape for as long as they live so dont use them as an indicator of over-watering.

I wasn't aware of that, but I didn't mention that my humidity at the time was over 80% and the rock wool was very heavy comparatively speaking. I'll keep that in my notes for the next grow - thank you!

Great start looking A+++. regards

Hey @improvise! Nice to have you along! Pull up a seat, this should be fun!

Little update - I had time this afternoon, so I added the last 4 CLU-048 6500k COBs and another rack to hang then from. Upgraded the wire to 3/32" instead of the 1/16th inch that was being used for the single rack that only held 4 COBs, just in case.

Here's a pic of all 8 lights...
20171126_193032.jpg

Right now the potentiometer is set at the half way point, and at the distance the lights are at now, each plant is getting ~25,000 - 28,000 lux. I did not have a PAR meter as they are a bit out of my price range right now. Hopefully I'll get one in the future.

Anyone got an idea as to how long before I see the 2nd set of leaves pop? They have been in the rock wool cubes for a week now, and the shells of for 4-7 days.

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I guess I answered my own question - I woke up this morning, had my smoke, checked on the kids and saw this on Bad Azz Kush #1...

20171127_055257.jpg

2nd set of leaves starting to pop... whoop whoop!

Excited....

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I guess I answered my own question - I woke up this morning, had my smoke, checked on the kids and saw this on Bad Azz Kush #1...

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

All of that bright green in there is a great sign as well! They are on their way for sure. Looks like we are almost exact on when our seeds popped from shell.

All of that bright green in there is a great sign as well! They are on their way for sure. Looks like we are almost exact on when our seeds popped from shell.

Hey Ase - finally found your current journal (you should update your sig bro...) and saw you are doing some Blue Dream (Humbolt, right?) and Green Crack... I'm very interested in those. Just got some Blue Dream and currently waiting for Girl Scout Crack to pop her legs out.

Seems like the Mars lights do good for you. Almost bought a Mars Reflector before I went with the COBs. Great job so far, looking to learn a lot.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Hey Ase - finally found your current journal (you should update your sig bro...) and saw you are doing some Blue Dream (Humbolt, right?) and Green Crack... I'm very interested in those. Just got some Blue Dream and currently waiting for Girl Scout Crack to pop her legs out.

Seems like the Mars lights do good for you. Almost bought a Mars Reflector before I went with the COBs. Great job so far, looking to learn a lot.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Thanks buddy. I know the signature works if you are on the computer. Not sure why it doesn't work with the app. My mars have done me pretty good for sure and I love the reflector series. I'm pretty excited for both of those strains in my new grow as well. Lets hope they do well! Feel free to ask any questions.

Hey cedru! Subbed and ready to watch another hempy grower grow get em. The strains sound wonderful!!!

Nice setup! I like it. Looks like youve got happy little plants there. Im glad the one decided to come through for you and show some root! :) Hearty little buggers. Ill stick around for the adventure if you dont mind :)

Thanks buddy. I know the signature works if you are on the computer. Not sure why it doesn't work with the app. My mars have done me pretty good for sure and I love the reflector series. I'm pretty excited for both of those strains in my new grow as well. Lets hope they do well! Feel free to ask any questions.

Yep, I'm on the mobile, not the laptop. Took me a while to find your grow but I did and subbed in.

Subbed in and watching

Thanks Derby... looking forward to this one, should be fun.

Hey cedru! Subbed and ready to watch another hempy grower grow get em. The strains sound wonderful!!!

MadDabber... I kind of like the idea of Hempy buckets. Used to grow in small pots in some shit soil, but kind of went "all - in " this time and did a lot of reading before even starting. The strains were freebies, except for the Chemdog Millionaire - and only 1 of the 2 popped. But Jim living the blue cheese and bad Azz Kush now!

Nice setup! I like it. Looks like youve got happy little plants there. Im glad the one decided to come through for you and show some root! :) Hearty little buggers. Ill stick around for the adventure if you dont mind :)

Thanks for tagging along BudzFreak!

Question for everyone though...

I can't get my humidity up for the life of me. It's sticking in the mid to upper 40% range. A humidifier is on my list, but I've tried a wet towel in a saucer, and no upwards movement. Any ideas?

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Hey everyone! So I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, soaking in the endless knowledge that everyone shares here - well at least as much as my feeble brain will allow. After seeing all the dense nug pictures from everyone else's grows, I've decided to lean backwards, spread my wings, and take the plunge into a grow all my own.

It's bound to be full of mistakes, so please, sit back, laugh with me, and enjoy this comic relief. Any suggestions along the way will be appreciated. Now on to the good stuff.

I'm anticipating this to be a fairly long post, so ill post again after this with some pictures so far...

First up, the grow room(s) information.

The first area - the vegetation chamber, is nearly complete. It is made with my two skilled hands with equipment I've had laying about. The interior dimensions are 4'x4.5'x6.5'. It is constructed out of 2x4s, 3 5/8" metal studs and track, and 5/8" drywall. It is not light proof yet, until Saturday, when the panda film gets delivered. Then the floor and walls will be wrapped in it.

The second area - the flowering house, is only in the planning stages as of right now, but expecting much of the same with the interior dimensions being closer to 5'x5'.

The lighting - inside the vegetation chamber currently are 4 Citizen clu048-1212 COBs with a light spectrum of 6500k. They are hung on any adjustable aluminum rack, that i can move up and down as the girls tell me to using a pulley and airplane cable. Two more cobs should be delivered tomorrow, then 2 more soon after that. They are powered be a Mean Well HLG-320H-36B driver with a 100k ohm potentiometer. I also have 4 100 watt (23 watts from the wall) 6500k CFL lights that I have not installed yet.

The flowering house has not been decided upon yet, but all help and suggestions will be considered.

The medium - this grow, after seeds pop (more on then shortly) will start in 4" Rockwool cubes and then into 5 gallon Hempy style buckets. The bottom 1/4 of these Hempy buckets will be perlite, then above that will be General Hydroponics CocoTek. May throw some perlite on the top, but have not decided just yet.

Nutrients - nothing special or fancy - RO water, Advanced nutrients Cal Mag Xtra (4-0-0), and General Hydroponics FloraBloom. pH Up and pH Down as needed.

Let's talk about the babies...
3 strains, hopeful to have all the seeds pop and have 2 of each of the following feminized seeds...

Barney Farms Bad Azz Kush - Feminized x2
Bad Azz OG is a Kush strain which comes from pre-'98 lineage Los Angeles. Our friends from Nectar sector deliveries asked the rapper to endorse it with his name attached to this potent Kush. Bad Azz - from Snoop Dogg's entourage known as the Dogg Pound. The Original OG was crossed with an Afghan Kush and thereafter the result was crossed again with Urkel to produce this wonderful marijuana strain.

Bad Ass Kush is a heavy, resinous cannabis strain, tested at 24% THC and 1.1% CBD. This is a very dank, fuel-smelling plant with undertones of forest fruits that has a knock out effect. This strain produces big buds with an amazingly heavy yield. Growing to between 120 - 170 cm. and producing yields of 700 gr/m2 she will finish in 8 weeks flowering (7 weeks with a little help if you are lucky) but she needs to be pruned during the vegetative stage and she can stretch quite a bit in bloom so ensure that there is sufficient space and headroom. Outdoors harvest will be during the second half of September in the northern hemisphere.

A powerfully relaxing strain that can cause some couch-lock especially in those not used to it.
Characteristics
Breeder Barney's Farm Seeds
Genetics Original OG x Urkel x Afghan Kush
Variety Indica
Sex Feminised
THC Content 24%
CBD Content 1.1%
Yield 700 gr/m2
Plant Height 120cm - 170cm
Grows Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 55 days
Harvest Month Mid - Late September
Taste / Flavour Diesel, Fruity, Fuel
Effect Long-lasting, Powerful, Relaxing

Up next, DinaFem's Blue Cheese:
Blue Cheese is a cross of two very well-known marijuana strains viz. UK Cheese and Blueberry. It is an indica-dominant plant with a complex aroma/flavour profile and a wonderfully relaxing effect.,/p>

Dinafem's Blue Cheese can be grown outdoors as well as indoors thanks to the particularly fast-flowering Blueberry that they used in its creation. Where the temperature falls markedly at night plants will turn a range of purple and blue colours which adds to the beauty of this plant. Indoors flowering takes just 50 - 55 days with yields of 550 gr/m2. Growers are advised to not let this strain veg, too long as it will stretch to triple its height once flowering occurs. Outdoors or in a greenhouse plants can grow to a height of 3 meters yielding between 600 - 800 gr/plant before the first half of October is over. In cooler regions the display of colour will be most pronounced.

An utterly delicious combination of cheese and berries hit the nostrils and palate making it one of the most unmistakeable of cannabis strains. THC production is high at between 15% - 20% with surprisingly low CBD for a variety that delivers such a physically relaxing effect that is powerful and of long duration.
Characteristics
Breeder Dinafem Seeds
Genetics UK Cheese x Blueberry
Variety Indica
Sex Feminised
THC Content 15% - 20%
CBD Content 0% - 1%
Yield Indoors; 550 g/m2; Outdoors: 600 - 800 gr/plant
Plant Height Outdoors up to 3 metres
Flowering Time 50 - 55 days
Harvest Month Early October
Taste / Flavour Berry, Cheese
Effect Long-lasting, Physical, Powerful, Relaxing

And last but not least, Dr. Krippling's Chemdog Millionaire:
eds are ready to harvest in 8-9 weeks in End October. This Feminised seed grows well in Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors conditions. Additionally it can be expected to grow into a Tall plant reaching 160-200 cm. This strain has Delhi Friend x Chemdawg Genetics. It has a Very High (over 20%) THC Content. The CBD content of the strain is Unknown.
Some parts are toxically fruity, chemically, sweet and sour, yet some parts are earthy, dank with a pine forest aroma and flavour. Chemdog Millionaire tantalises and tickles the full spectrum of senses in ones body. It can refresh and rejuvenate, yet it may also chill the F out of you, relax you like nothing ever has before and induce sleep. It can sort your head out and clear your senses, yet it can also cloud your head and senses, and one could find oneself concentrating and meditating on pointless shi@ for hours on end.
Characteristics
Breeder Dr Krippling Seeds
Genetics Delhi Friend x Chemdawg
Sex Feminised
THC Content 20-22%
Yield Outdoors: 350-700 gr/plant & Greenhouse: 500 gr-1000 gr/plant
Plant Height 160-200 cm
Flowering Time 8-9 weeks
Harvest Month End October
Taste / Flavour Chemical, Earthy, Fruity, Pine, Sour, Sweet

I also have on hand some Lemon Candy and Girl Scout Crack (2 of each) but did not germinate them, as my grow area suggests I stop at these for now. I purchased the Chemdog Millionaire from the Seedsman seed bank and got the others as freebies.

Right now, the 6 seeds are in paper towels, in a Ziploc baggie, inside a paper bag waiting to pop.

Follow along, chime in, giggle and laugh, and enjoy the ride. My next post will be pictures of the process so far.

Thank you for watching,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Not sure if anyone gave you a pointer but zip lock baggie left open put it in a a tv box something to keep seed warm and moisture it works two days and drop .

20171127_055257.jpg

Excited....

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

So would you calm this day one of seedling stage ?

Yep, I'm on the mobile, not the laptop. Took me a while to find your grow but I did and subbed in.

Thanks Derby... looking forward to this one, should be fun.

MadDabber... I kind of like the idea of Hempy buckets. Used to grow in small pots in some shit soil, but kind of went "all - in " this time and did a lot of reading before even starting. The strains were freebies, except for the Chemdog Millionaire - and only 1 of the 2 popped. But Jim living the blue cheese and bad Azz Kush now!

Thanks for tagging along BudzFreak!

Question for everyone though...

I can't get my humidity up for the life of me. It's sticking in the mid to upper 40% range. A humidifier is on my list, but I've tried a wet towel in a saucer, and no upwards movement. Any ideas?

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Two things one try saucer with newspapers wet by a fan . It helps here or I heard a sponge keep it upwards one guy even put a little pump so so the water is also going bs k up and keeping the sponge wet .

Hope that helps humidifier will work

Not sure if anyone gave you a pointer but zip lock baggie left open put it in a a tv box something to keep seed warm and moisture it works two days and drop .

Never headed of leaving the baggie open Joe, ill have to try that with a next attempt. Got 35 seeds now to play with!

So would you calm this day one of seedling stage ?

Actually, when they popped out of the rock wool, I was thinking that was a seedling. Planned on day 14 to put them in their final homes, the 5 gallon Hempy pots with coco and a perlite bottom. That would, in my thoughts, be the first day of vegetation.

Of course, I may have it all wrong King!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Never headed of leaving the baggie open Joe, ill have to try that with a next attempt. Got 35 seeds now to play with!

Actually, when they popped out of the rock wool, I was thinking that was a seedling. Planned on day 14 to put them in their final homes, the 5 gallon Hempy pots with coco and a perlite bottom. That would, in my thoughts, be the first day of vegetation.

Of course, I may have it all wrong King!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Yeah once you see it's leaflets . first true set then count from day 1 -7 for seedling then veg going forward no? ..

Eithier way your girls are looking good .

Oh baggies open as sees need water warmth dark and air . That is why I think I was told open to me it makes sense . Thinking out loud here bro .

Back
Top Bottom