3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disaster!

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Yeah once you see it's leaflets . first true set then count from day 1 -7 for seedling then veg going forward no? ..

Eithier way your girls are looking good .

Oh baggies open as sees need water warmth dark and air . That is why I think I was told open to me it makes sense . Thinking out loud here bro .

My baggies stay closed to keep the moisture in the baggie. I'm sure both ways work just fine but if the paper towels dry out it could create a problem.

First moment I see green I call that Day 1. I just include it all into veg but King is right, most people call the first week a seedling week and then start Veg week 1 when that week is over.

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Little update today...

First off, I lowered the light unit 2 inches, but lowered the potentiometer as well to keep the same amount of lux, but use a bit less power and to get closer to the plants. My humidity went up today and was 61% and temps stayed the same. Weird, huh?

I also did NOT feed them today as their cubes were still pretty most and I feed them pretty good yesterday.

I also measured the girls, and the Chemdog Millionaire outstretched the Bad Azz Kush over the last few days.
Chemdog Millionaire - 2.5"
Bad Azz Kush 1 & 2 - 2.25"
Blue Cheese 1 & 2 - 1.75"

the light was at 12" above the rockwool, now it's at 10".

I've also decided that this weekend they will go into their final pots and this is what we will call the start of vegetation.

I plan on a long vegetation period - not sure if I have enough space for 2 months worth, but with some LST and FIMing, going to try hard.

Pics? Sure, I've got some....

Bad Azz Kush #1 @ 2 1/4 inches tall at 8 Days after ground break and shell release (today. )
20171128_181858.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 @ 2 1/4 inches tall at 7 Days after ground break and shell release (today. )
20171128_182202.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 @ 1 3/4 inches tall at 5 Days after ground break and shell release (today. )
20171128_182315.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 @ 1 3/4 inches tall at 7 Days after ground break and shell release (today. )
20171128_182132.jpg

And "Stretch" - Chemdog Millionaire #1@ 2 1/2 inches tall at 7 Days after ground break and shell release (today. )
20171128_182100.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your night...
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Cedru,

We're within a few days of one another, and I'm stoked to follow along.

Your seedlings look beautiful.

I'm growing Auto's, so it will be an interesting contrast for my first grow.

:Namaste:

It's official, all 5 Babies have shot out their second set of leaves as of this morning. I'm stoked!

Moss - popped by your thread this morning and I gotta say, Imma stealing that CO2 generator you have going. Great little contraption!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

It's official, all 5 Babies have shot out their second set of leaves as of this morning. I'm stoked!

Moss - popped by your thread this morning and I gotta say, Imma stealing that CO2 generator you have going. Great little contraption!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Glad you like it! Not my original idea so I can't take any credit, but I'm happy to share it around.

Ok, so no luck so far with either Girl Scout Crack seeds popping. Not even a sliver of a root. Yesterday morning I got a little anxious and decided to drop two Lemon Candy seeds, by Exotic Seeds (more details to follow) into some warm, pH'ed and nute treated water. When I came home from work yesterday, one touch and both sunk to the bottom. With that done, I soaked and ringed out two paper towels in the same warm water, with nutes and pH already done. I put them both in separate baggies, one (#1) zipped up, and the other (#2) open. Sandwiched them between two paper (foam actually) plates and came home from work today to these....

Lemon Candy #1
20171129_182910.jpg

Lemon Candy #2:
20171129_182740.jpg

Upon seeing them with their sexy legs showing already, I popped them into pieces of rockwool that were cut to fit (ripped, more like it, lol) into Jiffy Pots (the small starter ones.) The rockwool was damp from the night before when I dipped it in my 5 gallon bucket of water, pH'ed and nute treated. Making a small hole with a 16d nail about a 1/2 inch deep, I dropped the seeds, tap root down into this concoction. Then covered them both with the Jiffy Pot clear plastic seedling cover. I also took a small piece of moist rockwool and covered the hole where they were just inserted. Each one labeled. I even went ahead and put ONE DROP of General Hydroponics RapidStart Rooting Enhancer on each cube near, but not in, their hole that they are planted in.

Let's see if these start to pop into beautiful girls.

Next post will be a description of the Lemon Candy as well as a pic of their new temporary homes.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Ok, so no luck so far with either Girl Scout Crack seeds popping. Not even a sliver of a root. Yesterday morning I got a little anxious and decided to drop two Lemon Candy seeds, by Exotic Seeds (more details to follow) into some warm, pH'ed and nute treated water. When I came home from work yesterday, one touch and both sunk to the bottom. With that done, I soaked and ringed out two paper towels in the same warm water, with nutes and pH already done. I put them both in separate baggies, one (#1) zipped up, and the other (#2) open. Sandwiched them between two paper (foam actually) plates and came home from work today to these....

Lemon Candy #1
20171129_182910.jpg

Lemon Candy #2:
20171129_182740.jpg

Upon seeing them with their sexy legs showing already, I popped them into pieces of rockwool that were cut to fit (ripped, more like it, lol) into Jiffy Pots (the small starter ones.) The rockwool was damp from the night before when I dipped it in my 5 gallon bucket of water, pH'ed and nute treated. Making a small hole with a 16d nail about a 1/2 inch deep, I dropped the seeds, tap root down into this concoction. Then covered them both with the Jiffy Pot clear plastic seedling cover. I also took a small piece of moist rockwool and covered the hole where they were just inserted. Each one labeled. I even went ahead and put ONE DROP of General Hydroponics RapidStart Rooting Enhancer on each cube near, but not in, their hole that they are planted in.

Let's see if these start to pop into beautiful girls.

Next post will be a description of the Lemon Candy as well as a pic of their new temporary homes.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Their temporary new home:
20171129_190001.jpg

Oh, one more thing... I'm examining my little ones, and I happen to see something that catches my eye on the Blue Cheese #1.

Is this light bleaching? It's on no other plants, as the other 4 are as green as can be...

20171129_190335.jpg

Thank You,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Shit, forgot the Lemon Candy description...

Straight from the breeder, Exotic Seeds. These were freebies from Seedsma .

Lemon Candy
Feminized

Relaxed

American Indica x NYCD

450 – 500 G/M2

45% Indica /

55% Sativa

Harvest October

Medium

8 Weeks

Lemon Candy

A predominantly Sativa hybrid, Lemon Candy is born from the crossing resulting from our own selections of an American indica and NYCD. The result is a hybrid with a strong structure, medium yield (can reach up to 400 grams per square metre without much effort). When growing this plant, we must pay special attention to any light stress situation, as we have observed that this affects it, and often stops the formation of flowers, considerably diminishing production. This is a variety where a complex aroma predominates, where citrus scents mingle with sweet part brought the crossing by the mother, and this may vary from one individual to another, where at the end of the flowering period some sweet skunk touches appear above the aromas. The effect is of medium strength, being active at the start, staying until the end, where the party Indica part appears providing a physical low that continues until the end of the effect. We recommend extractions with this variety, not so much for the yield we can gather, but for its quality, where all these characteristics are accentuated and over time eventually becoming one of our favourite varieties when doing dry extractions.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Looks good so far. Subbing to this one. How do you like rockwool cubes? I prefer rapid rooters or jiffy pellets if I'm out of rapid rooters.

Looks good so far. Subbing to this one. How do you like rockwool cubes? I prefer rapid rooters or jiffy pellets if I'm out of rapid rooters.

First time using them, so ill let you know. I have not seen any roots come out yet from the 5 established girls, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. If nothing shows by the time they go into their final pots this weekend, we will have to see at the end of the grow what the root ball looks like.

Thanks four tagging along, Bro! Any input on the leaves and their lighter color?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

First time using them, so ill let you know. I have not seen any roots come out yet from the 5 established girls, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. If nothing shows by the time they go into their final pots this weekend, we will have to see at the end of the grow what the root ball looks like.

Thanks four tagging along, Bro! Any input on the leaves and their lighter color?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*
Yeah, they're just young and aren't in a medium that has nutrients in it. Still feeding off the cotyledon leaves. Once you transplant to another medium you should be fine. Mine did the same till their first transplant and they slowly gain some green back in their color. :)

420-magazine-mobile1272073914.jpg

Yeah, they're just young and aren't in a medium that has nutrients in it. Still feeding off the cotyledon leaves. Once you transplant to another medium you should be fine. Mine did the same till their first transplant and they slowly gain some green back in their color

Ok thank you... guess I'm just being an overbearing parent.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Ok thank you... guess I'm just being an overbearing parent.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

The easiest way to kill plants is by being overbearing. I've seen so many people think they have a problem... misdiagnose it, treat it for the misdiagnosed problem and create more problems. So now they've got two problems and still don't know what the first one even was. Just take a deep breath and see what tomorrow brings. Glad the paper towel method seemed to work for you!

Someone want to help me diagnose these leaf issues?

Bad Azz Kush #1:
20171202_065329.jpg

Blue Cheese #1:
20171202_0652481.jpg

On a better note, here are the two new Lemon Candy Seeds...

Lemon Candy #1:
20171202_065419.jpg

Lemon Candy #2:
20171202_065444.jpg

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

What are you giving them nutrients-wise that has Nitrogen in it? Also how much cal/mag are you giving them? With them being this big already I'd start looking at getting them in some pots and start some good waterings/feedings.

What are you giving them nutrients-wise that has Nitrogen in it? Also how much cal/mag are you giving them? With them being this big already I'd start looking at getting them in some pots and start some good waterings/feedings.

FloraBloom: 0 - 5 - 0
Advancad Nutriens SensiCal CalMag Xtra: 4-0-0
General Hydroponics RapidStart Rooting Enhancer: 1-0.5-1

The FloraBloom was put into a 5 gallon container of water at 5 ml.
The CalMag Xtra was put into a 5 gallon container of water at 10ml
the RapidStart Rooting Enhancer literally just 5 drops into the same 5 gallon container.

I do plan on putting them in their new 4.5 gallon perlite/coco hempy homes today, mixing up the water and nutes now, then going to pH it. Hopefully the roots are strong enough for the transplant today - can't see any poking out of the rockwool yet though.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

FloraBloom: 0 - 5 - 0
Advancad Nutriens SensiCal CalMag Xtra: 4-0-0
General Hydroponics RapidStart Rooting Enhancer: 1-0.5-1

The FloraBloom was put into a 5 gallon container of water at 5 ml.
The CalMag Xtra was put into a 5 gallon container of water at 10ml
the RapidStart Rooting Enhancer literally just 5 drops into the same 5 gallon container.

I do plan on putting them in their new 4.5 gallon perlite/coco hempy homes today, mixing up the water and nutes now, then going to pH it. Hopefully the roots are strong enough for the transplant today - can't see any poking out of the rockwool yet though.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I don't know the Advanced nutrients line but it seems to me like you are missing nutrients for the veg stage. Cal/mag is a supplement that is necessary for coco grows but I don't see any Potassium in the lineup you suggested. For instance I have a 3 part base nutrient system thats has one that is 5-0-1, one that is 0-5-4 and one that is 2-1-6. You can get away without using the 3rd due to the first two having all 3 major nutrients in them but just 4-0-0 and 0-5-0 doesn't give the plant any potassium. Like I said I am not familiar with their nutrients but seems like something is missing.

Potassium may be a slight culprit but honestly dude, if you have a trio like from general hydroponics, fox farms, etc then you should be fine but like Asesino85 said, get it in a medium like coco and start slowly ramping up feeding to see how it'll respond. You should be fine. Here's some easily googled deficiency charts/posters. Helpful when you can seem to figure out a cause of a deficiency that isn't so obvious or is a mixture of things. And you'll see these posted throughout forums like this.

420-magazine-mobile1237144839.jpg

420-magazine-mobile90328633.jpg

420-magazine-mobile338791862.jpg

Keep on truckin Cedru, I almost killed my first plants atleast 4 times and now they're in the 4th or 5rh week of flower and looking frosty as a muthaf***er, so just keep it going and Google and YouTube were my friends when it came to helping diagnose a deficiency and how to correct it. :) happy growing man

Back
Top Bottom