My Very 1st Indoor Grow - Bag Seeds In MG Soil

Mrs.greenthum

Good Afternoon my fellow green thumbs.............. I am new to 420 Magazine so please bare with me as I am a new student all the way around.
I did not choose to grow in a box or in a closet I decided to use a 8x12 bedroom in the basement.
I germinated 30 seeds
planted 27
21 are now seedlings about 3in tall(a bit small actually)
I have them under commercial lights with grolux bulbs 120 watts
I used MG seed mix to start them and will transplant into MG also. I know there are a lot better soils out there but in my area and my finances this is what i have for now. I am still working on what is best to use for light reflection tho.
I have yet to start nutrients and i would like to transplant to bigger pots soon also.

I started with bag seeds that I have collected from personal bags and a few friends. I ordered Femenized NY Diesel a few weeks ago but nothing yet. I will more than likely find a better place to order from next time. Either way I figured it would be best to use bag seeds to make mistakes with.
I will be adding pictures in an hour or so.
Any and all ideas and helpful information will greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance:thanks::thanks::peace:

Re: My very 1st indoor grow, bag seeds, in MG soil

Sounds good. Can't wait to see your setup. I always Enjoy full grow rooms especially when the girls mature and fill it up like a jungle.:thumb: I will tag along in case you need help. If i can help that is.

Thanx Guy :thanks:
It is a work in progress right now but I will post pics of the room soon.

I did however say I would post pics of the babies a while ago. Sorry it took so long but here are a few of what I have so far. The bigger of them is actually 10 days old.
14219.JPG
14316.JPG
14415.JPG

Hey mrs greenthumb welcome to 420. your seedling look very healthy. which kind of mg soil are planning on using? Beware of the ones that say feeds up to so many months try to get the organic with no added nutes. If thats all you have then you might want to hold off on the nutes for a bit. best of luck in your grow there are plenty good growers here to help. im still a rookie so i can only help with the basic stuff lol :tokin:

Green,
Thanx for your input .......sometimes I think I need all the help I can get with these girls.
Well, I started them off in MG seed starter mix and will be transplanting into MG organic soil.
When I water them I do make sure the water has sat for a day or more because tap water here is very bleachy.
Can someone tell me what I can do to make them bigger? or am I not doing something I should be. They just seem so small for their age even though they all look healthy.

Hey whats up Mrs.Greenthum!

Your plants look fine. The first two weeks of their lives are spent rooting. mine were so small for the first 14 days. Once they situate themselves they will starting shooting up.

A few questions for you:

Can you take a pic of your full setup?

What size pots do you plan on using for their final resting place?

Are you going straight soil? If not, what is going to be in your mix?

What nutrients will you be using?

Im sure I will come up with more questions later but thats all i got for now. I germed my new set of seeds on Oct. 3rd and ten days later they are barely working on their second set of leaves. So you are fine. You will be amazed how fast they shoot up after they root.:goodjob:

Just sit back, pack a bowl and enjoy the grow.

Thanx again Guy, that puts my mind at ease a bit for now.
And to answer your questions.....
Yes, I will take a pic as soon as the old man is gone since he thinks its to ghetto right now...LOL it is but I dont care. Its a work in progress.

I have 10in. pots to put them in when they are ready. When my seeds ever get here I have steralized a few 5 gallon buckets to put my mother plants in when the time comes for that too.

The soil I am using is a organic MG. I have added perlite to it, thats it for now.

As far as nutrients go I am not useing any as of yet. I am not actually sure what to use, how much, when to start, or even where to get it from.

My biggest thing right now is trying to rig an exaust system up at cheap as I can.

"smoke break"

We all start somewhere, right? It will help get a better idea of what you are working with. By no means is mine the advanced setup I dream about every night :thumb:

Hop you don't mind me posting a pic or two on your thread I will remove them if you want me to but I thought you might want to see my plants around the same age as yours.:tokin:

These are at Day 13 from seed:
08_29_all_4.jpg

10 days after that pic, they looked like:
IMG_08669.JPG

You will see a change soon enough.:thumb:

These are 2 and 4 bulb shop lights. They have 2 and 4 40watt grolux bulbs in them. Hanging from the ceiling as close to the plants as possible.
101_1867.JPG

These plants are lined up under the lights........there is a fan in corner I didnt get in the pic.
101_1868.JPG

These are under the bigger hood
101_1870.JPG

awww the ones that look a lil ill. I separated these to give them a little more attention.
101_1872.JPG

If u notice in the second picture the middle one is not growing very well. It just grew like that. LOL

Well If it doesn't pick up in a week or so I wouldn't keep it around. Sometimes seeds just aren't viable. The new batch of seeds I germed back on 10/03/2011 only three of the five had any chance of survival. One of them the Cotyledons were rotten and the other they were hard and didn't even unfold. So I was left with three.

Our problem is that the seeds took off faster than we planned. I wanted to have the room completely done before I planted the seeds. I germinated over 100 seeds and I started out with 42 that I planted and am now left with 27 that all look pretty healthy. I checked on them this morning and I see I have to transplant a few. I would really like to open that door and see a rain forest in there :hippy::hippy: I would be in my glory.

Your girls will appreciate the new home. Give them a nice place to rest and they will take off with all that extra space to stretch their roots.:thumb:

I have all the plants transplanted now to their final homes. They are all doing very well. Since the pots are of course bigger I will have to do some rearranging of lights and things. I will post updated pics as soon as I can. Still trying to get a exhaust system hooked but staying on a budget.........any ideas?

Sounds good cant wait to see some updates. As for an budget exhaust Im not too sure. I don't have an exhaust setup yet. Not in budget but it will be comin soon. Hopefully someone chimes in to help.

I have all the plants transplanted now to their final homes. They are all doing very well. Since the pots are of course bigger I will have to do some rearranging of lights and things. I will post updated pics as soon as I can. Still trying to get a exhaust system hooked but staying on a budget.........any ideas?

Your plants look great! Can you take some pictures of your entire setup so and what you plan to exhaust? It looks like you are just using cfl's, is that right? Great start!:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom