10 Minute DIY Tupperware Bubble Cloner

This running of the pump is a 24/7 endeavor? Looks like you had your tray in a tent. I would want to keep it in our kitchen, where I can watch the water level. Is the water temp that critical? Thanks. Happy Holidays to all. Hoho

This running of the pump is a 24/7 endeavor? Looks like you had your tray in a tent. I would want to keep it in our kitchen, where I can watch the water level. Is the water temp that critical? Thanks. Happy Holidays to all. Hoho
Yes, you want to keep the air constantly making bubbles 24/7 The popping bubbles are the only source of water that the cuttings will have since you are not to put the ends of the cuttings in the rezervoir. The popping bubbles also occasionally go out of the vent holes in the lid, supplying moisture to the cuttings above too, so that they don't need to be put into a humidity dome.
The water temp isn't critical, but I wouldn't got to any extremes outside of normal room temperature

Took the top off of the best looking plant yesterday. Sliced the root down the middle, then dipped it in the rioting compound. But within a couple of hours the leaves drooped to the top of the container. It is an auto flower. Second clipping did the same. It is a female and is showing pistils. Did I wait long enough, or trim too soon? A7083E1D-CCC5-4C51-B256-0FDC9BDFF66E.png

Here’s a q I have not seen yet. I want to start growing blue salvias this winter. In the tent with auto fems. Two of those. I just have salvia seeds. Never tried them before. Is it safe to grow other plants in a pot tent??

Here’s a q I have not seen yet. I want to start growing blue salvias this winter. In the tent with auto fems. Two of those. I just have salvia seeds. Never tried them before. Is it safe to grow other plants in a pot tent??
I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work... I have grown several other things along with my meds in the tent.

I have made several of these over the years, and I am pretty sure I remember giving my last one away. Today I had a need to reliably produce a large number of clones, and the easiest and most reliable method I have found is the bubble cloner.

After finding the suitable plastic tub to destroy, I pulled out my 1 7/8 hole bit and went to work. All the tubing and rubber plant stoppers and air pump/stones all were on hand, so this project went together in about 10 minutes. Armed with all the failures in the past, this went together fast and I knew exactly what I needed to do to make it work right.

making_the_holes.JPG

Please note the 4 little holes in the center of the lid. These are there for a good reason. Enough moisture will pop out of those holes to keep the humidity high and the plants happy up on top, so this unit does not have to be covered. The advantage here of course, is there is no hardening off needed.

The air stones were firmly attached to the bottom of the tub. This has been a problem in the past, and many methods were tried and failed. The hot glue gun was the perfect solution to this problem. These air stones are not going to float away.

air_stones_attached.JPG

A splitter was used to supply air to both stones, taking care to have an equal length tube to each stone from the splitter. A hole was created in the top of the lid to let the air tube out, and the 9 stations were labeled with an ABC-123 grid so that records can easily be kept on individual plants.

The cuttings were taken, top big leaves split, and they were dunked in rooting compound. Care was taken to keep the end of the cutting out of the water, and they were set in the rubber plant holder/stoppers. The water is RO, with 5ml of dandelion root extract in the mix.

These plants were just set in here a couple of hours ago and misted with my spray bottle. Let's see how long it takes to get some roots.

clones_set.JPG
Thx for the info emilya very useful info.

My two blueberry clones are standing tall. Been five days. No sign of roots yet. I took clippings from top of plant. I may have to slide clones higher to get them drier. I wonder how many leaves should I have on clones. Read somewhere that fewer leaves allow plant to concentrate on roots. It’s all gospel on this WWW right?

My two blueberry clones are standing tall. Been five days. No sign of roots yet. I took clippings from top of plant. I may have to slide clones higher to get them drier. I wonder how many leaves should I have on clones. Read somewhere that fewer leaves allow plant to concentrate on roots. It’s all gospel on this WWW right?
that part is... I just leave the little top growth and one or maybe two sets of leaves below it, and I chop all of the bigger leaves in half. Standing tall is good... the cutting is surviving... and roots will follow.

chopping the leaf fingers stops transpiration, and it slows everything down while the plant doesn't realize yet that it doesn't have roots pulling up water from the soil. The leaves are concentrating instead on trying to seal all the wounds and by sealing the system back up be able to restart transpiration, and that gives the roots time to develop before the plant starts feeling that it might be dying.

lol, no... but thank you for that. It would be fun to teach a course on common sense gardening actually. We were thinking about starting up a course for home gardeners one of these days as I work on figuring out ways to monetize the medical legalization here in Missouri. I am also wanting to make a very strong point that not every cannabis expert has a university degree in botany.

We may head that way in May/June. First
we head to Louisville for a graduation. Then to sis’s in Festus MO. Wife needs to smoke em for pain. I just make edibles. Have brownies on counter made with Blissful Wizard strain butter I bought from a friend. Even a small piece put wife in chair. She’s supposed to be baking holiday breads today...

Happy New Year to me, I have ROOTS, on one anyway. Bubbler was on floor near register. I had been leaving it down below, just shutting light off at night. Haven’t been checking on the growth. Last night I picked it up to check on water level. Took lid off and OMG, there are four roots showing, one long white one. Going in peat pot with soil today.

Back
Top Bottom