12/12 Nomercy Grow PIX' All HTCC Winning Strains

I like the idea. and i like growing from seed, it looks easier and safer to store your stock.

But the stuff about only having clones available according to the market and getting bugs with them and not knowing what they are, carrying wet boxes. etc. etc.

most of the down points he mentions about clones are kinda B.S. IMO.

I have always grown from clone. . . and i've never bought one before. If you grow a mom from seed all of these down points are pretty much irrelavent.

not to say 12/12 from seed is not a great method . . . just that i don't agree with the down points of growing from clone. . . I am however in the midst of trying to change back over to seed growing, since the advent of the AUTOFLOWER intrigues me.

I still would like someone who thinks they know to chime in with an explination of why you should or should not wait for alternating nodes and what if any effect this has on thc production.

I like the idea. and i like growing from seed, it looks easier and safer to store your stock.

But the stuff about only having clones available according to the market and getting bugs with them and not knowing what they are, carrying wet boxes. etc. etc.

most of the down points he mentions about clones are kinda B.S. IMO.

I have always grown from clone. . . and i've never bought one before. If you grow a mom from seed all of these down points are pretty much irrelavent.

not to say 12/12 from seed is not a great method . . . just that i don't agree with the down points of growing from clone. . . I am however in the midst of trying to change back over to seed growing, since the advent of the AUTOFLOWER intrigues me.

I still would like someone who thinks they know to chime in with an explination of why you should or should not wait for alternating nodes and what if any effect this has on thc production.

I agree with you wheel. Most of those reasons are not applicable to us here. I think he was referring to the situations in the Euro market.

What originally drew me to it though was the space and cost saving aspects of the method. The added bonus is being able to cut a bit of time off of the standard cycle.

I have seen many people on this board do 12/12 grows with varying results, but what I have noticed is that none that I have seen followed the method in all aspects the way intended. I have attempted to follow the method as close as possible including usage of his products (Concentrated Bat Guano, CO2 Tabs, GA spray, Bacterial and tensiometer) with the only variation being growing in containers. By recording my result here I thought that it might be a good source of info for those so inclined , from a new user rather than from the source.

There are many important aspects of this method. Germination methods, sowing into final container (no transplanting), no pruning or super cropping and reduced watering and fertilization to name a few. The products that he uses are also unique in the marketplace and their use I'm sure has a large effect on the results obtained.

I think that what many fail to realize that this is a system. IMHO the results are dependent on the sum total of techniques rather that just using the 12/12 cycle. At least this is the way I see it. Although I have seen great results from modified 12/12 grows. I still will reserve my final judgment until harvest, but I see nothing so far to change my positive opinion of this excellent system. Only time will tell, but I felt that if it was worth trying then I should do my best to follow the procedures as close as possible to form my opinion. :peace:

i think thats a great attitude dog.
And i hope it didn't seem like i was knocking anything. . your looking great so far. thats why im watching and talking lol.

I feel the same way about my system. . . I'm a first time user of my system and figured i could show people what to expect from a first run perspective. I plan to give an honest summary of my system at the end of this run, and so far im pleased, but i dont feel it lives up to all the claims of the manufacturer.

I like how you recognize how important the little things are in the "method".

every grow is a dynamic system that grows only as good as its limiting factor. the weakest link so to say. lights, macro or micro nutes, co2, o2 for the roots. . . etc. etc.
by following closely the method of an expert, you have a great chance at being close to as good as that person themself.

i think thats a great attitude dog.
And i hope it didn't seem like i was knocking anything. . your looking great so far. thats why im watching and talking lol.

I feel the same way about my system. . . I'm a first time user of my system and figured i could show people what to expect from a first run perspective. I plan to give an honest summary of my system at the end of this run, and so far im pleased, but i dont feel it lives up to all the claims of the manufacturer.

Thanx for chiming in again. I truly appreciate and welcome all comments! Unlike the Bush Administration we will not suppress any ideas here :rofl: I did not take them as knocks at all, just honest opinions, but thanx for the sentiment.

Sometimes it seems like we are cheerleaders as we become excited about our grows. Medicating often intensifies that. But even with considering that, this one really has my attention. I love the no nonsense, simplistic approach it takes, while being backed by 30 years of experience and solid science.

BTW I love your "wheel of fortune". That has got to be the sexiest piece equipment I have ever seen. I drool everytime I check your thread.

Just a few more pix Day 33 from seed

Did some more mods on my room today. Since it is only supporting a few mother plants I decided to move my 4' T5 fixture (30,000+ Lumes) into the flower room and move one of the 12,500 Lume CFL to handle the mothers. So now I have 1 12,500 CFL the 88,000 600W HPS and the 30,000 T5 in the flower room for a total of 130,500 lumes. The T5 was wasted on the mothers since they are in a Greenhouse and only need the light for supplement.

The Arjans Ultra Haze and the Hawaiian Snow even though they have shown pre flowers have not yet started bud production as of yet, so I can't start my countdown yet. The Dame Blanche and the 1 Mazar are now at day 7 of flowering and are developing quickly. Picked up some Dutchmasters Liquid Light and Penetrator Gold today and I am starting a foliar feeding program with it. It sounds like amazing stuff. Does anyone have any experience with it that would like to comment? I'd love to hear about it.

Ny next grow will be a modified 12/12 as I will be doing the exact same thing but will be starting with clones. There is no way that I can afford to buy 30 seeds a pop every crop. According to SpeesCees the only difference will be that there will be more side growth, which I think is not such a bad thing. Anyway it will be very interesting to see direct comparisons from the same genetics. Stay tuned...

:thanks:

New Setup
P1140006-01.jpg

Group shot
P1140003-01.jpg

Dame Blanche Developing quickly Lotsa Foxtailing
P1140001-01.jpg

Started the Kali Mist and NoMercy Special Had to put into smaller pots due to space limits. Will transplant into 5 Gal when done culling the males
P1140004-01.jpg

Mothers
P1140007-01.jpg

Fantastic pics, I'm loving this journal.

I am wondering about the amount of side branching that's occurring. I thought this was the key attribute from Speescees' method, that only (primarily) the single main cola developed with very limited side branching.

It may be that we aren't far enough along, or maybe this condition has a larger genetics component that I came to believe after reading Spees journal

Looking fantastic though, congrats

Really great grow and really great method. I have read a lot about the method and have seen great results in grow journals. I wish I could experiment with the method but I am restricted to only seven plants per patient and so far am only allowed to grow for 1 patient and I don't Have the space.

mellowman,

about your signature. . . Canada's laws are getting tighter, while ours are getting looser. You should fear your own PM more than the elephant turned donkey.

Lol I guess I really need to change my signature every one comments on it and really it is just a quote from a famous breeder/activist from Canada Dj Short whom I have a lot of respect for.

one last thing i promise, mellow,

what i said was not meant to be offensive, in fact i think your quote is a tiny bit more offensive than mine, not that i'm offended. I went to toronto for the freedom festival a couple weekends ago, I marched for your cause. People in To. were calling Mr. Harper Little Bush. lol.

I was merely pointing out your country's govt. is trying to become more strict.

Mine on the other hand, under Obama, has pledged to allow the states laws to trump federal laws in the case of MMJ. a plethora of states have now started the process of getting MMJ laws on the books. we, my friend, are getting more reasonable.

no worries mate. just stating my opinion.

Yeah I lived in the states for half of my life so I still keep up on current marijuana laws and marches in the US. That's awesome man thanks for the support it would be awesome if marijuana where decriminalized and made available for medicinal users in the states... I would move back in a heartbeat lol.

Wonderful grow, I just found your journal and its great. Thanks for all the info, Keep it up. P.S. Great Pics...

Back
Top Bottom