13+ fingers

Hi all good morning...so a few of you have prolly seen or read that I mentioned my current photoperiod Lemon tree X Dosido is starting to get some really interesting growth in the form of extra fingers.....and I wanted to share it with you guys :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I've been keeping an eye on her as it's just really interesting to me to have anything out of the ordinary to happen lol (I need to get out more). But over the last 3-4 weeks Ive noticed more and more fingers growing on each of the "hands"..... It started out me noticing 11(note the smallest new growth are 11 fingers to start), and thinking ok cool that's a pretty normal number as I have 11's before....then I noticed one with 12 a few days later:hmmmm:.......and then a 13 a few days after that.......and now as of last night I microscoped it and sure enough its growing a 14th and I'm not sure but possibly 15th?! :thedoubletake:now I have researched 13+ and have only seen pictures of 13 and then it shows me genetic defects of plants no related to my original search..... I've been looking all over the internet for ideas on why it's happening and all I'm getting is I just have a fast growing healthy plant that is getting alot of light.....any ideas?

But regardless here's a few photos of the plant as a whole and some of the many fingered hands.

Any and all comments, questions, and others are welcomed...

IMG_20220619_120342313.jpg

IMG_20220619_120314737.jpg

IMG_20220619_120309773_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220619_115919290~2.jpg

IMG_20220619_115931878.jpg

2022_06_19_12_07_00_568.jpg

2022_06_19_12_05_50_899~2.png

Hi all good morning...so a few of you have prolly seen or read that I mentioned my current photoperiod Lemon tree X Dosido is starting to get some really interesting growth in the form of extra fingers.....and I wanted to share it with you guys :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I've been keeping an eye on her as it's just really interesting to me to have anything out of the ordinary to happen lol (I need to get out more). But over the last 3-4 weeks Ive noticed more and more fingers growing on each of the "hands"..... It started out me noticing 11(note the smallest new growth are 11 fingers to start), and thinking ok cool that's a pretty normal number as I have 11's before....then I noticed one with 12 a few days later:hmmmm:.......and then a 13 a few days after that.......and now as of last night I microscoped it and sure enough its growing a 14th and I'm not sure but possibly 15th?! :thedoubletake:now I have researched 13+ and have only seen pictures of 13 and then it shows me genetic defects of plants no related to my original search..... I've been looking all over the internet for ideas on why it's happening and all I'm getting is I just have a fast growing healthy plant that is getting alot of light.....any ideas?

But regardless here's a few photos of the plant as a whole and some of the many fingered hands.

Any and all comments, questions, and others are welcomed...

IMG_20220619_120342313.jpg

IMG_20220619_120314737.jpg

IMG_20220619_120309773_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220619_115919290~2.jpg

IMG_20220619_115931878.jpg

2022_06_19_12_07_00_568.jpg

2022_06_19_12_05_50_899~2.png
Wow amazing Hap

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Looking pretty good Hazmat
I've seen this double leaf thing before and I put it down to strong lights and pushing nutes, maybe a bit of genetics too
Either way she looks good to flower, unless you're aiming for a Bill-zilla :cool:
Yup when I get closer to harvest with the auto in the tent I will switch to 12/12 and get her into gear.

Ok do you think I'm feeding her to much? And strong lights may be the case as Im running 18 hours %75 strength and 6 hours %25 dimmed....don't ask me why but that the schedule I've made for my vegging plants lol.

And awesome support title you got there...congrats.
Wow amazing Hap

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
And thanks bill I appreciate it ...and thank for a bit of your time to look I know your busy.....like really busy lol but pet Howie for me and have a great day.

Yup when I get closer to harvest with the auto in the tent I will switch to 12/12 and get her into gear.

Ok do you think I'm feeding her to much? And strong lights may be the case as Im running 18 hours %75 strength and 6 hours %25 dimmed....don't ask me why but that the schedule I've made for my vegging plants lol.

And awesome support title you got there...congrats.

And thanks bill I appreciate it ...and thank for a bit of your time to look I know your busy.....like really busy lol but pet Howie for me and have a great day.
I think you are pushing the plant, yes - she sure isn't hungry or spindly lol
I hardly ever use full strength nutes and I always leave a dark period, usually 16/8
Nowhere in the world gets more than 16hrs full sun so it seems right to me and I believe the dark/cool period is beneficial since leaves serve a different purpose in the dark

I think you are pushing the plant, yes - she sure isn't hungry or spindly lol
I hardly ever use full strength nutes and I always leave a dark period, usually 16/8
Nowhere in the world gets more than 16hrs full sun so it seems right to me and I believe the dark/cool period is beneficial since leaves serve a different purpose in the dark
Lol ok agreed, once put that way yea I may be pushing her... So may I ask something ...would it be plausible that the amount of light she's recieving is to much for the leaves/fingers she has, so that's why she's creating more 13+...in order to use and store the available light she senses she's getting....since that's where light energy is stored is in the leaves after photosynthesis?

I'm just asking because I'm am not %100 sure but in my mind that's how things translate. Lol

Lol ok agreed, once put that way yea I may be pushing her... So may I ask something ...would it be plausible that the amount of light she's recieving is to much for the leaves/fingers she has, so that's why she's creating more 13+...in order to use and store the available light she senses she's getting....since that's where light energy is stored is in the leaves after photosynthesis?

I'm just asking because I'm am not %100 sure but in my mind that's how things translate. Lol
It's a plausible idea but I don't think so or it would be a common phenomenon in sunlit plants
Much more likely it's the result of strong veg nutes/genetics

It's a plausible idea but I don't think so or it would be a common phenomenon in sunlit plants
Much more likely it's the result of strong veg nutes/genetics
Thank you twice once for humoring me lol and second for the input... As always :headbanger:

Great looking plant Haz,

Imo think youre going to have budleaf. Ive only had this happen once with a strain. I call it the devil's pitchfork, which is a genetic mutation.
Which will also carry over to the offspring if pollinated. ( not all but some)
All the plants that have this trait that ive seen are coated with trichs..
Good find Haz

Great looking plant Haz,

Imo think youre going to have budleaf. Ive only had this happen once with a strain. I call it the devil's pitchfork, which is a genetic mutation.
Which will also carry over to the offspring if pollinated. ( not all but some)
All the plants that have this trait that ive seen are coated with trichs..
Good find Haz
I just looked that up and I have to admit the leaflet budz look so out of place lol but if your inclination is correct I'm ready for a trich covered bonanza any day.

But I have some more of these seeds.....the sister is steady at 11 fingers.

Very cool, Happy! I'm leaning more toward it being a mutation, or at least a mutation that responds in this particular way to being "pushed". I can't wait to see the buds!

Back
Top Bottom