1st attempt at growing - Long stalks?

stevo762010

hi everybody....im phil, 1st time caller. ..long time smoker. its come to thst point in me life where I have the room and time to have a crack at me 1st crop cos im sick of buying shite weed...if im gonna smoke shit green il smoke me own! anyway so ive got meself a little tent and all the gear, all set up nicely with a small led for me seedlings, anyway ive been following you tube and all is going well im potted and out the top with 2 plants, both with a small bottom set of leaves and another 2 just breaking through on both, but very long stalks? is this normal? id say coming to 3" in length? Ididn't think the lamp was tohigh to start with but ive since lowered it a bit more today, is this correct? they seem to look odd? im sure its me freaking out but any advice would be greatly received, also when do I start adding nutrients? I've gone for the aunatural biobizz bottles? any good?

thanks

Sorry to break it to you bud but a 14W LED will never grow cannabis. Cannabis is a very light demanding plant. You need a very minimum of 30 Watts pulled from the wall for every square foot of your growing area. 40W per square foot is better and 50W per square foot is considered the optimum yield power. A 14W LED simply wont grow a head of lettuce correctly let alone cannabis.

For instance if your grow area is 2 feet by 2 feet you just take 2X2=4 square feet. 35WX4= 140W pulled from the wall minimum. 200W for optimal yield.

Since your plants are seedlings you can simply use standard household CFL's for now. Use 1 of the 23W (100W equivalent) bulbs 2 inches over each seedling. Get the ones in 5500K or 6500K (daylight) color for vegetative growth.

If you do that, it will slow down the stretch you are seeing. Just put away or send back that 14W unit you got. It will never be any good for cannabis.

It is normal for the stalks to stretch like that when they are trying to stretch to get closer to the light. They are telling you they need much more intense light. I grow entirely with LED and can tell you that they work amazingly well if used right.

thanks chief no worries il change it todsy, im guessing its too early tp put them under the 600 yet?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

thanks chief no worries il change it todsy, im guessing its too early tp put them under the 600 yet?

Nope. You can put them under the 600 now.. Just increase the distance. If you're talking about a 600 watt LED you're probably going to be somewhere around 24 inches. If you're talking about a 600 watt metal halide or high pressure sodium then you're probably going to be even higher than that by quite a bit.

Sent from my android from outer space!

thanks chaps im in work at the mo, not sure how to but il try and put some pics up later, thanks everyone for the input

Back
Top Bottom