1st Grow - 2 x Vision Northern Lights Auto/Fem - Coco - 2 x Mars Hydro 300W LEDs

Does anyone tie their branches together in order to get more direct light on outer branches?

27860020930_154d8359a3_o.jpg
What we do of tie a string around the pot, halfway up. Then we tie slipknot for around the plant, then tie the other end to the string on the pot. I'll try to find a pic to show you what I mean.

On this one the string is green and holding the branches down so the lower ones can get light.
0b4128e1e8108c52a405c242d7fe3135.jpg

You want to be careful not to snap the branches off when you tie them down.

Looks like some defoliating is in your future! Looking fantastic though. Keep it up!

I ended up defoliating quite a bit over the past two days (more so on NL#1 (on the left)). I was concerned that the amount I took might stress them and maybe slow them down a bit. The exact opposite seems to have happened. The defol actually seems to have stimulated a stretch and more pistils on NL#1; NL#3 still healthy as heck and almost 4 feet tall from where coco meets stem. I'll probably wait another several days and do it again; because these bushy banshees are still quite thick and bushy.

27688449294_b11fba2619_o.jpg

NL#1 on left...
28204698542_15975d97e4_o.jpg

NL#3 on right... I've decided to tie the main cola off to the side a bit since the top was getting too much light and I don't want to raise the light any farther.
28204692322_37bdbeaaf3_o.jpg

Also, I vaped some of the tiny...

I mean tiny...

27693158453_59b5230582_o.jpg

... nugs that came off my trimmings/defoliation and got stoney; it actually already tastes pretty good too. A nice preview of things to come. :ganjamon:

Looking great, IJ. I am so impressed by the size of your plants. Even accounting for topping and fluxing, I can't believe the difference in size between your NL autos and mine. I mean wow! Awesome grow!!!

Thanks for checking in and for the props, MP! I can't believe it myself. I was unsure of my setup, particularly the lighting, but I'm slowly gaining confidence in most of my decisions during this grow.

What Northern Lights Auto version are you growing?

I'm thinking of giving organic soil/super soil a try next. I like the idea of not having to mix nutes and not having to water multiple times per day/every day.

I hope y'all are havin a good week! :passitleft:

For defoliating in flower there are two times that you should. Day 25 and day 52. Even if you are dyslexic you can manage that lol. But after the stretch you take most everything that is blocking light and day 52 is right before harvest so you can the rest that you can see the base of the stem. That way she will use use up the rest of the stored nutes and it'll have a better taste. They also bulk up and get resin build up since they will kick it into high gear knowing it is close.

Looking great for your first grow. Keep it up and you'll have some great tasting buds

For defoliating in flower there are two times that you should. Day 25 and day 52. Even if you are dyslexic you can manage that lol. But after the stretch you take most everything that is blocking light and day 52 is right before harvest so you can the rest that you can see the base of the stem. That way she will use use up the rest of the stored nutes and it'll have a better taste. They also bulk up and get resin build up since they will kick it into high gear knowing it is close.

Looking great for your first grow. Keep it up and you'll have some great tasting buds

Cool, thanks for the tips, Nis. I was pretty close to Day 25 on that defol.. more like Days 27-28. I'll probably continue to take a leaf or two between now and day 52. Not sure how NL#1 is going to be on Day 52, seems like she's lagging behind in this grow. That said, whether it takes her a week or two longer, I couldn't be happier with how this first grow is turning out.

U have some big auto's over there...after I saw ur thread I place an order and I order 10 seeds included NL autos...Lol...get jealous.... Great work ...

U have some big auto's over there...after I saw ur thread I place an order and I order 10 seeds included NL autos...Lol...get jealous.... Great work ...

Nice! Did you get the Vision version of the NL Auto/Fem? I'm new to all this so I didn't really know what to expect... but I must say, all expectations have been exceeded so far. :) Looking forward to seeing how they work out for you!

Hi, Infinite.... just ca me by to let you know that my seeds were Vision Northern Lights auto. Wierd that our plants are so different! Definitely hopeful now that Tilly will pull out a big growth spurt... soonish... hopefully.... Still diggin' what you got goin' on!

I have a feeling yours is going to be a real beaut. Already is, really. I find it strange how different my two plants are with the only real difference being that I performed LST on NL#1 and not #3. I'd like to try a flux on one here in the near future... maybe with KindSoil instead of the coco (I want to get away from mixing nutes and watering daily).

Some more pics from today. I'll drag them out into some natural light sometime soon. Both are at or close to day 33 of flower with about another 30 or so to go. Is it safe to assume that these buds are gonna fatten up quite a bit during this last 30 day effort? Anyone have a tip for this segment of the grow?

I continue to observe them for hours each day. I assume that means they are getting plenty of CO2. I've got the environment quite dialed-in temperature-wise, but RH has been a bit higher than I'd like. It's typically in the mid to high 60s in the morning and eventually does hit mid-upper 40s at some point during any 24 hour period, last couple days, not so much.

I'm piping AC into the tent now. I didn't have nor want to spend more money on ducting so I used bags instead, here's my rig...

27784943393_8263f4cf4f_o.jpg

27783891324_144a99c510_o.jpg

For shits 'n grins, here's my bucket of tap water w/ aerators, nutes ready to go, rags drying out for picking up runoff, and my box and bag of trimmings.. doing their best to dry out without getting too stinky.

28296089582_b4d88b57d2_o.jpg

NL#1 continues to move along at a snails pace, or just so it seems to me (compared to her younger sibling). She's content just enjoying the process.

28395837925_0d59b04488_o.jpg

28290724852_1779908333_o.jpg

She's kind of a whispy girl...

28290725552_47b262ea36_o.jpg

Here's my darling, NL#3 (as opposed to, Sugaree).

I continue to move her around (within her tiny space), tuck leaves, take a leaf here and there, squeeze her, shake her, tickle her, you get it, plenty of physical contact... rarely too rough though. I did break one of the little outside branches. Duct tape seemed to work fine.

28118385230_2ec00bac33_o.jpg

I've been pulling the main cola around from side to side with some paracord, trying to make sure to get even coverage on all sides. Some red hairs are beginning to form now too..

27778416124_40e38b578d_o.jpg

28112879430_1cbc008448_o.jpg

That's all for now. :peace:, y'all!

Love those tall cousins to my petite Matilda. Furthermore, you'll get to harvest quicker than I do so you can let me know how good the smoke is! Looking Superb!
Edit: Really appreciate the pics of the trichs, too! If you can, I would love to see pics of the trichs when u decide to harvest. Have you decided what you want, trichs wise, yet? I think I may stagger the harvest to see what I like.

Back
Top Bottom