1st Grow - Bubblelicious CFL & LED Grow Tent

Thanks CH, That make lots of sense.

You're welcome MaPilot. FWIW, I constantly think my pots are light enough to water, they feel feather light to me, but when I put a moisture meter deep into the medium, it can still read around 6, or even higher sometimes, on a scale of 1 to 10.

Update time. Day 24!

Took the girls out of the tent to take photos today. Kandy (the auto) is the one starting to stink. Tell me if I am wrong here, but I think she may be in preflower now? Have a look at the photos and tell me what you think.

Also, pay no attention to the coloring, her leaves are bright green. The camera color is not adjusting correctly. After looking at the photos, I pulled her back out to check on her :)

Day 24 Kandy: (preflower?)

7-10-Kandy-1.jpg

7-10-Kandy-2.jpg

7-10-Kandy-3.jpg

7-10-Kandy-4.jpg

Day 24 Bubba:

7-10-Bubba-1.jpg

7-10-Bubba-2.jpg

7-10-Bubba-3.jpg

Looks like Kandy is female anyways :)

Kandy filled with pistils, congrats, she is flowering for a few days now.

:goof: That's awesome! So quickly, not quite 4 weeks yet.

So.... What would you all do? Should I give them the night off with their lights then switch to my 12/12 schedule and push Bubba into flower now? I know the autos don't really matter much with the light schedule, but I'd imagine 12/12 would be best no?

I'm also not too worried about a massive yield this go round.
If that's the case... Do i keep with the fox farm chart for feeding?

You can switch to 12/12 when you are ready. I read somewhere and observation that auto under 12/12 schedule can produce more bud then under 18/6 or other schedule when flowering.

Sorry, can't advise you on nutrients. I'm still pretty new to this myself and use GHE product.

As a plant matures the nodes from which the petioles, side branches, emerge start to stagger and become offset from one another instead that even and uniform structure during early vegging.

Here is a photo of even petioles -

DSCN18839.JPG

Here is a photo of offset or staggered petioles -

DSCN188411.JPG

So i checked on the girls this morning, and overnight Kandy has shot up and is now taller than Bubba! What a growth spurt in a short period of time.
My PH meter should arrive today, and so I will give the girls their first feeding. I also ordered some Cal-Mag which will get here next week, just to be safe.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Cheers.

I would leave the auto on same light through out the whole life cycle.

Yea, I have been reading up more on autos, seems like a lot of people like a 20/4 cycle. However, with my photo in the same tent, she will go to a 12/12 when Bubba is ready. :)

I noticed a little bit of leaf curl going on the top leaves from Bubba. So I raised the LED a few inches and turned the fan to give more cooling on the tops. That should do it.

Update Day 25! (you guys getting tired of all the updates yet?)

I received my PH meter, and gave the girls their first feeding. Hope they enjoy. They are looking good, and have been growing strong all day today, fighting back in forth for the tallest plant of the day tournament. Right now it's a tie.

On to the pics....

Day 25 Kandy:

7-11-Kandy-4.jpg

7-11-Kandy-3.jpg

7-11-Kandy-2.jpg

7-11-Kandy-1.jpg

Day 25 Bubba:

7-11-Bubba-3.jpg

7-11-Bubba-2.jpg

7-11-Bubba-1.jpg

And another cat pic....

catGif.gif

I have a question for anyone who might know.... When using LED lights, is it necessary to have reflective walls in your grow space?

Yea, I wonder because this tent just takes up so much space. I'd like to move everything into a closet next grow. If reflective walls aren't needed, it would be easier.

Back
Top Bottom