1st Grow, Clone SCROG Organic Soil

Flower Day 11

Group39.jpg

Group117.jpg

Lookin' good! Now we get to see some BUDS! I was on day 11 of flower as of today...until it occured to me I had no business being in flower because my plants were too young. So now I'm at 8-10" plants which have been slowed by 12/12 lights for the last week and a half, for no good reason. I switched back to 24/0 this a.m... I hope that isnt one of those things you're not supposed to do...

Lookin' good! Now we get to see some BUDS! I was on day 11 of flower as of today...until it occured to me I had no business being in flower because my plants were too young. So now I'm at 8-10" plants which have been slowed by 12/12 lights for the last week and a half, for no good reason. I switched back to 24/0 this a.m... I hope that isnt one of those things you're not supposed to do...

If your plants made the switch to bloom (and in 11 days they should have), you might be looking a bit of a recovery time to go back to veg state, but maybe not this early. I am not sure...not something I would of done, but I am still very new to growing.

Also, if 12/12 slowed your growth (was explosive growth for me), then you might have something wrong. Think what things are different from then til now and narrow down the possibilities. Brighter light, heat slowing them maybe? (You in soil or hydro?)

:peace: from the mountains and wishing you a quick veg recovery!

(I really wouldn't put it back into bloom now either, unless you want unpredictable results, like hermi or complete growth stasis (might be just fine too, I can't say). I know wierd light patterns can do different things. Just a word of advice from your average grow noobie :grinjoint:)

And Sungod, :bravo:, your ladies are really looking great. big switch is coming, make sure you give them their correct nutes in this upcoming few weeks and I think you can pull off a great grow, one you will be very happy with!!!

When you just gonna leave them alone and let them stretch for the light or are you?

:welldone: +reps if I can, if not when I can I will.

:peace: from the mountains.

And Sungod, :bravo:, your ladies are really looking great. big switch is coming, make sure you give them their correct nutes in this upcoming few weeks and I think you can pull off a great grow, one you will be very happy with!!!

When you just gonna leave them alone and let them stretch for the light or are you?

:welldone: +reps if I can, if not when I can I will.

:peace: from the mountains.

Thanks MH, I'm not sure when to let them stretch. but it's looking more and more beneficial to just leave them alone, so I've just been monitoring them for about a week now.

Check on them last night. I had a few branches that I had to pull back through they were way further along than the rest. I accidentally broke one of the branches. It looked like it was going to be a good bud site so I finished putting it where I wanted it to be then tied it to the main stalk with some hemp string. hopefully it sill heal. I'll be impressed if it does 95% of the stem broke off the main stem, I guess I'll have to be a little more careful with the larger stems.

Check on them last night. I had a few branches that I had to pull back through they were way further along than the rest. I accidentally broke one of the branches. It looked like it was going to be a good bud site so I finished putting it where I wanted it to be then tied it to the main stalk with some hemp string. hopefully it sill heal. I'll be impressed if it does 95% of the stem broke off the main stem, I guess I'll have to be a little more careful with the larger stems.
Hey Sungod, should heal just fine. I've done that with one or two of my branches...as long as you tie or support it she do just fine! Plants are looking great too!

Question, I want to enrich my grow space with Co2, the more I research the more I'm convinced that Co2 enrichment is a vital part of an efficient grow space, The only down side for me is I am unable to effectively cool my space if I were to seal it off, and I don't want to suck all that expensive co2 up and out of the room. So in the mean time I've decided to try generating Co2 with sugar and yeast like the one norcaliwood has showed us. My question is does any one know how much Co2 one of these generate? Or how many would I need to supplement my space? Maybe 5 gal buckets would be a better option.

Here's a video I came across on the subject. Very interesting.

I don't know but I'll help look. what is strange about that video is they're feeding the co2 on the ground but I've always heard it's heavier than air and falls, so needs to be fed up top. But that guy wears a pocket protector and spent a lifetime hands-on learning and studying so what do I know.
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find out the volume these DIY practices produce and can't find squat about it...just testimonials for and against. I think a bottle and regulator is the cheapest effective way that can be MEASURED... you stagger the power so when the co2 is being emitted, the exhaust fans shut down. Or time them, so that fans automatically shut down at a certain time, during which the co2 will be emitted...

and I've heard you can just foliar feed bubbly water several times a day... another unmeasureable DIY procedure that I've got no idea if works or not.

I don't know but I'll help look. what is strange about that video is they're feeding the co2 on the ground but I've always heard it's heavier than air and falls, so needs to be fed up top. But that guy wears a pocket protector and spent a lifetime hands-on learning and studying so what do I know.
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find out the volume these DIY practices produce and can't find squat about it...just testimonials for and against. I think a bottle and regulator is the cheapest effective way that can be MEASURED... you stagger the power so when the co2 is being emitted, the exhaust fans shut down. Or time them, so that fans automatically shut down at a certain time, during which the co2 will be emitted...

I hear you breakpoint. I'm the type of person who likes to know why and how things do what they do.. I am very skeptical using products or practices with out seeing actual results. I think that Is why I liked that video so much side by side comparison cant get much better than that. As far as the co2 coming in from the bottom, you are exactly right about co2 being heavier than regular air that is why by code in most areas garages must be lower than the living spaces of a house. But in this case the Co2 enriched air is forced in the bottom and forced up through the trees to the vent located at the top of the chamber therefor the co2 will pass by the trees where they can be used. This is why they say in a sealed room you should introduce co2 from above the plants so that it will fall down through the foliage, but if you have a vented from above you should introduce the co2 from below the foliage so that it is drawn up through the foliage. ramble ramble ramble......

ahh, I see...I hadn't thought of the draft created by the ventillation...Well there's probably not anything else in life that I've forgotten so I can look forward to a very simple existance from here on out...hopefully.

i totally agree with you on the whole not wanting to try something without evidence of it being beneficial so +reps for the research haha...I really like the sugar and yeast method, but i can't find the co2 production rate for it anywhere...regardless, any extra co2 can only help! maybe 2 or three little recycled plastic coffee cans could do the trick?

good to see the screen filling up so quickly SG...all three are looking absolutely delicious, and i've never wished for a scratch and sniff screen so badly in my life haha...keep up the good work

thanks, I can assure you that the smell is just as good as they look.

Back
Top Bottom