1st Grow, Clone SCROG Organic Soil

Girls have been pretty thirsty as of late. Each 5gal bucket has been taking 5qts every third day with little runoff.

Are you watering enough so that an extra 10% or so runoff goes through, so you don't get salt build up? After they drink and you know how thirsty they are you can run some more through just to keep them happy. That's probably better than just dumping a bunch of water through them anyway, as it'd allow the salts to break down a bit. I don't know if I'm over thinking this run off business or not...If I am I apologize for wasting a paragraph on your thread...

Are you watering enough so that an extra 10% or so runoff goes through, so you don't get salt build up? After they drink and you know how thirsty they are you can run some more through just to keep them happy. That's probably better than just dumping a bunch of water through them anyway, as it'd allow the salts to break down a bit. I don't know if I'm over thinking this run off business or not...If I am I apologize for wasting a paragraph on your thread...

Please don't apologize I welcome as much input as I can get. I usually aim for 10% run off but I don't always get it.

Hey Sun I was looking back abit dude nice grow. Can I suggest something? Maybe next time you run that screen you should put a 4way tee in the center of the pvc. I seen both ends had a tee so if needed later you could always add a 6" or so piece of pvc and make the whole thing grow if your plants out stretch the screen? Just a fast thought dude. I see you got the whole room bottled up but in my speed reading I didn't see a CO2 system. Or are you just intaking your fresh air from the bottom of the door? Maybe I missed the CO2 if so my bad. But I love the room. It's going to get you your money back in product. With NP. Nice Clean setup. Best Luck dude

Hey Sun I was looking back abit dude nice grow. Can I suggest something? Maybe next time you run that screen you should put a 4way tee in the center of the pvc. I seen both ends had a tee so if needed later you could always add a 6" or so piece of pvc and make the whole thing grow if your plants out stretch the screen? Just a fast thought dude. I see you got the whole room bottled up but in my speed reading I didn't see a CO2 system. Or are you just intaking your fresh air from the bottom of the door? Maybe I missed the CO2 if so my bad. But I love the room. It's going to get you your money back in product. With NP. Nice Clean setup. Best Luck dude

Thanks for the kind words norcaliwood. I see what you mean about raising the whole screen, I think there maybe some real benefit in being able to raise the whole thing.

I started on a set budget and I did as much research as I could and tried to pick the gear I thought was necessary to have a successful harvest, and I couldn't fit a Co2 System in my budget. I would love for you all to read the list of gear I purchased and critique it. Tell me and other readers what they think was necessary or unnecessary and why. Let us know If you think I should have purchased something different and forgone on something I got. Everyone's comments are welcome as long as you can state why you think something should have been different. In my opinion one of the hardest things about starting this grow was figuring out what was necessary or not. So maybe we can help some fellow growers who are trying to figure out what they should get.

So this grow I'm just pulling in fresh air with a 435cfm fan. Hopefully in the future I will be able to fine tune my environmental control. Thanks again wood.

nice work brother. Here to watch.. Lov scrog grows and the bowing w/ your screen is perfect. Great work +rep

Thanks for the support butcher your words mean a lot.

Anyone have any advice of when I should stop pulling the growth back through the screen?

Anybody knows what causes the light green centers in the new growth? Its only on the white russian.

White_Russian2.jpg

Thanks for the kind words norcaliwood. I see what you mean about raising the whole screen, I think there maybe some real benefit in being able to raise the whole thing.

I started on a set budget and I did as much research as I could and tried to pick the gear I thought was necessary to have a successful harvest, and I couldn't fit a Co2 System in my budget. I would love for you all to read the list of gear I purchased and critique it. Tell me and other readers what they think was necessary or unnecessary and why. Let us know If you think I should have purchased something different and forgone on something I got. Everyone's comments are welcome as long as you can state why you think something should have been different. In my opinion one of the hardest things about starting this grow was figuring out what was necessary or not. So maybe we can help some fellow growers who are trying to figure out what they should get.

So this grow I'm just pulling in fresh air with a 435cfm fan. Hopefully in the future I will be able to fine tune my environmental control. Thanks again wood.

man I know there are a lot of successful growers here that never use CO2 so u and I can take heart...

one of my plants did that on my 1st grow (greener in the middles), someone said it was my light bleaching the plant, idk, i was using cfls

one of my plants did that on my 1st grow (greener in the middles), someone said it was my light bleaching the plant, idk, i was using cfls

Thanks for stopping by luxx

I thought that might be the problem but then I noticed a branch under the screen with very little light had the same thing going on with the new growth but worse so I kind of ruled that out. reps+ for the information though :thanks:

White_Russian3.jpg

Dude did if you going to run a airtight unit you goning to have to have CO2 even if it's the passive air intake coming in from the bottom and expel from top. Or even a homemade CO2 generator. They work. As slight as they are but they do. Here's the basic's even if the vid sucks. try a gallon jug with triple the stuff and hang it ontop the grow rememeber CO2 falls. A small fan will spread it. It might help Bro.
YouTube - DIY CO2 generator
Got to be better vids but I'm just doing a drive bye Its a sweet grow and Dude We Live, We Learn...... Hell Then We Die and Forget it All Anyways. All Good I love the setup. I just said this cause I seen the attenion to airproofing.

man I tried finding it in the problem solving tutorial and the closest pic I could match up was a mild magnesium deficiency, but it wasn't a close enough match...everybody always tells me if you don't know what else to blame, it's probably a ph problem, is that possible?

Luxx's very first grow (permalink. goes right to the post.)

lil n said it might be n def also, i did a slew of soil tests, ph tests, nothing was out of the ordinary, so i just let her grow.. i hope you solve your problem, so i will know how to fix it as well.. gl cya around. and thanks for the +rep ;]

I'd would be thinking the white russians are wanting more nutes as in N. You have the three strains going and you'll see the diffs in nute uptake for sure, and how each strain likes to eat.
You can't beat the cheap co2 vid either. I've done that many of times before, simple and cheap.

I agree, it is a early sign of nitrogen dif. All the new growth is appearing lighter green then the rest. I dont know what kind of nutes you are using but just mix a different cocktail for the WR and you will be set.

looking great SG...Great choices by the way. :D...I love the ingenuity in curving the screen +reps for sure...i'll try to get a little bit of research done in the morning and attempt to help solve the issue

Glad to have you wyld.

man I tried finding it in the problem solving tutorial and the closest pic I could match up was a mild magnesium deficiency, but it wasn't a close enough match...everybody always tells me if you don't know what else to blame, it's probably a ph problem, is that possible?

Thanks for stopping by breakpoint. I used to water with ph'd water at 7.0, but read somewhere that watering with 6.5 was better, so I made the switch. Last night I watered with 6.5 and checked the run off. Green crack run off was 6.2 - 6.4 White Russian was 6.4 - 6.6 and the Recon was 6.3 - 6.5. I am really surprised that the run off is so close to what I put in but I'm not complaining.

Do these numbers sound good for a soil grow?

Luxx's very first grow (permalink. goes right to the post.)

lil n said it might be n def also, i did a slew of soil tests, ph tests, nothing was out of the ordinary, so i just let her grow.. i hope you solve your problem, so i will know how to fix it as well.. gl cya around. and thanks for the +rep ;]

Thanks for the link my growth on all the plants looked like that most of the veg period. I thought it was normal, but now I'm thinking that I may have been depriving them of N. Next feeding I might give them a shot of N and see what happens. Thanks again

I'd would be thinking the white russians are wanting more nutes as in N. You have the three strains going and you'll see the diffs in nute uptake for sure, and how each strain likes to eat.
You can't beat the cheap co2 vid either. I've done that many of times before, simple and cheap.

Thanks for the advice Frostybuds, I think it might be time to make some vino.

I agree, it is a early sign of nitrogen dif. All the new growth is appearing lighter green then the rest. I dont know what kind of nutes you are using but just mix a different cocktail for the WR and you will be set.

Thanks botains I thinking of trying a stronger shot of bat guano.

totally random, but do you foliar feed your girls ever?

I have foliar fed in the past with liquid kelp, but I didn't notice a difference and It left little brown spots all over the leaves that drove me nuts.

once again thanks for everyone's input, it is much appreciated. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom