1st Grow Ever - Soil - Bag Seed - CFL

Hopeful premo

Our first grow named her hope cause that is what's needed to get her to grow, never done this before forums or a grow so quite new to it all. Done a lot of research tho. Hope is about a week old not including germination,which was done paper towel n water in ziplock bag which worked flawless was about inch long sprout. Planted her in soil of vermiculite,perlite,peat and very little lime for ph balance.ph is at around 6.0 using strips, so not too accurate. We have a temp gauge which reads 78 degrees. Something wrong, we didn't measure ph till yesterday due to it stalling since transplant.

Re: 1st grow ever, soil, bag seed, CFL,noob

image36605.jpg

Re: 1st grow ever, soil, bag seed, CFL,noob

For sure a problem but countless hours an sadly still can't tell if it's under water or over watered for if its even that problem entirely :-/

She shouldn't need more than a glass of water Evey few days at her stage. A squirt bottle works well to soak the circumference of the plant. It looks like she's got some yellow tips, I'd say your fine on watering but it's either light burn or nute burn. What wattage and How close are you lights/how much heat to they put off? 78°f is on the high side of usual temps, but still in the right range.

I'd wait for a the next set of leaves before doing anything other than adjusting the lights and lowering temps a little. Make sure you have air circulation aswell.

Good luck and KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yeah we been watering every day 1 cup of water :-/ wow they really don't need much water thank you for helping. No more water we were just so worried for her, that we ended up hurting her. Funny how things work. Could be nute burn used very little I mean very little NPK to see if that would help but thankfully fix that n stop immediately. Lights are 4 inches from her, not hot I can hold bulb in hand a minute with out hurting me even on my wrist. The one on left is CFL 3800 lumens 2600K 55W (200w) replacement. Other is 32W 2700k. We do have air movement umm 2 computer fans 4inch always on. And we will lower the temp right away temp is at 75 now. I think that covers every things but if not let us know, thank you regardless we appreciate it! Oh a side note, lot of sites stated CFL could b that close so I hope I didn't burn her :-(

If there is no movement of the leaves or air over them they tend to develop hot spots, a oscillator fan in the tent blowing over the canopy will prevent this. Distance is fine, they need to be close I know that, it's crazy how close they need to be to get the full potential out of the CFLs.

The more water you put into charged soil it will increase the amount of nutrients released from it, until it's all been used up. The important thing is to have wet to dry cycles, wet to feed and Dry to grow those roots. If the roots have no water they grow and grow looking for it, so this is key in developing good below ground growth so that above ground is better off. Don't let them wilt of thirst by any means but let the roots search out some fresh soil before doing so.

All the best to you, KIG :green_heart:cheers

Ok thank you again so much it's greatly appreciated! Yeah I understand now :) I'll see if I can get a bigger fan than just a pc fan, not a crazy speed one ofcourse and hopefully the nutes will go away ASAP. I'll take a pic as soon as possible for update but I am sure it is stalled due to shock n soaked roots but havnt watered her since last update n will continue to patiently wait till soil dries. Thank you so much, what does KiG mean? Keep it green? Lol

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom