1st Grow: Every Light In The House

I am not a flusher, but more so a finisher.....so when I have a couple weeks remaining I generally cut the N and go to about 100ppm feedings or less (but I use hot soil and a ton of nutes).

Giving large amounts of nutes at this stage makes for harsh smoke.

Molasses is good to give in low doses as you finish, it contains Fe, Mg, etc.

I am not a flusher, but more so a finisher.....so when I have a couple weeks remaining I generally cut the N and go to about 100ppm feedings or less (but I use hot soil and a ton of nutes).

Giving large amounts of nutes at this stage makes for harsh smoke.

Molasses is good to give in low doses as you finish, it contains Fe, Mg, etc.
Ok thanks maybe I’ll try it. Whatever I do I need it in small amounts. I won’t be doing this again for a while. Depends how long it keeps too I guess.

Super sticky.
1FDE1020-C90E-4D0B-91A2-64890465ED36.jpeg
30230896-68B0-4D44-8C6C-6C1A965B8CF5.png

Day 52. I was watering wait 2 days then watering. Yesterday they were wilting a bit on the 2nd day of no water. & the pots were bone dry. So I watered them with no nutes. So I guess I’ll use straight water ph 6.4 every other day till they’re done. I wasn’t prepared to use anything but water at this point. I’ll mess with it next time. I didn’t have enough panda film to make a panel without cutting a new piece. I’m going to put up a wall and paint it white for next time anyway. So I’m just turning the cfl on if it’s not higher than
D5772BE1-9EF1-4D0D-A5CE-50C00E142B27.jpeg
82 degrees. They haven’t changed much, so last pic till trics change. Have a nice day.

Yeah, this far along your just pretty much keeping em on life support and waiting for the trichomes to get were you want....speaking of which, whats your cut plan?
Not sure really, never cut one. I was thinking stripping it, take a couple pics, chop it at the trunk and hang it. My wife is not happy with the
Yeah, this far along your just pretty much keeping em on life support and waiting for the trichomes to get were you want....speaking of which, whats your cut plan?
I was thinking I would strip them 1st and take some pics. Then just cut the stalk and hang them. They’re not that big. Whatever I do it’s happening Saturday. Wife says they’re stinking up the house. It’s blowing in from the outside and she won’t shut the windows. I have a ton of negative pressure so I know it’s not the tent. She’s right though, it smells awesome lol. Whatever, it’s 8wks anyway Saturday. I want to dry them in there. Do they stink more or less drying?

I was thinking I would strip them 1st and take some pics. Then just cut the stalk and hang them. They’re not that big. Whatever I do it’s happening Saturday. Wife says they’re stinking up the house. It’s blowing in from the outside and she won’t shut the windows. I have a ton of negative pressure so I know it’s not the tent. She’s right though, it smells awesome lol. Whatever, it’s 8wks anyway Saturday. I want to dry them in there. Do they stink more or less drying?
Sorry about that. I started a reply then got a job I had to do right away. I can’t see how to erase a reply once started. Weird

Prob 1.5 dry with how I would cut it.

Whats the strain again?-if GG, I usually cut more amber. I see barely a touch of amber, and you want to look on the uppermost buds first, not the sugar leaves because those can turn earlier. I would plan on another 10 days of hydration. Or take half now and half later. The rule so to speak for new growers to be aware of, is you can get racy weed from cutting early, which you might not like, very few new growers make the mistake of cutting plants late.

Yes, weed smells when hanging. I cut, trim and hang at 62% which is what my house is at. I need a 5 day hang usually unless it's really dry late summer. Then after the hang (it's trimmed already) I jar and burp for at least 10-15 days before sampling...usually longer.

RE the smell. a good carbon filter set to recirculation, or scrub will take care of most of the smell. I use a Can50 and a 6" HO fan on low when I am late in flower/trimming/or hanging and the smell is problematic.

If you moved your plant to your friends place....did you wife go with it...or is it back at your place now....lol.

FYI @Grandpa Tokin is the resident GG expert....you should look at his strain of it....

Prob 1.5 dry with how I would cut it.

Whats the strain again?-if GG, I usually cut more amber. I see barely a touch of amber, and you want to look on the uppermost buds first, not the sugar leaves because those can turn earlier. I would plan on another 10 days of hydration. Or take half now and half later. The rule so to speak for new growers to be aware of, is you can get racy weed from cutting early, which you might not like, very few new growers make the mistake of cutting plants late.

Yes, weed smells when hanging. I cut, trim and hang at 62% which is what my house is at. I need a 5 day hang usually unless it's really dry late summer. Then after the hang (it's trimmed already) I jar and burp for at least 10-15 days before sampling...usually longer.

RE the smell. a good carbon filter set to recirculation, or scrub will take care of most of the smell. I use a Can50 and a 6" HO fan on low when I am late in flower/trimming/or hanging and the smell is problematic.

If you moved your plant to your friends place....did you wife go with it...or is it back at your place now....lol.

FYI @Grandpa Tokin is the resident GG expert....you should look at his strain of it....
I’m going to hang on as long as I can. Just take the ones that are ready. When I left the house it wasn’t bad. It’s when they respire at night is when you can tell... Naw, I just gave them to him. I have plenty of seeds and basically don’t give a shit. I can’t do it again soon anyway, I’m barely getting away with it now. And there’s no shortage of smoke, just look around lol. I just wanted to learn how it goes and get my feet wet. I’ll get serious once I tame the smell. I’ll figure it out. There’s a way. Thanks for the info, that’s exactly what I’ll shoot for.

The smoke you grow, will be far superior to anything you can purchase at retail. Even for an inexperienced grower.
Awesome. I figure it has to be pretty decent. I can’t even brush up against it without changing my clothes. It’s not short on trics anyway.

Yeah, I would be waiting personally, but I know a few forum members who would cut now. I would probably give it a good week of water and molasses to 200ppm or botainicare sweet at 2ml per L. The molasses is cheaper and just as effective. I would prob cut nutes with Nitrogen in them at this point as well or significantly lower them.

Looks great, might be able to cut 3 zips if you leave a lot of sugar on, and there is no harm in that....what size pot is that like a 3 gallon?

Yeah, I would be waiting personally, but I know a few forum members who would cut now. I would probably give it a good week of water and molasses to 200ppm or botainicare sweet at 2ml per L. The molasses is cheaper and just as effective. I would prob cut nutes with Nitrogen in them at this point as well or significantly lower them.

Looks great, might be able to cut 3 zips if you leave a lot of sugar on, and there is no harm in that....what size pot is that like a 3 gallon?
Yeah 3gal. I have some packing foam around my exhaust for noise. So I can’t see where it connects to the venting. fan popped loose at the bottom. To stingy with the tape. So indoor problem solved. And it’s so hot we’re running the air. So as long as the windows are closed it’s fine. That should buy me the time I need. The lady I got the seeds from likes the sativa high. I don’t sleep well enough as it is. Might cut hers 1st.

Just plain water this past week. So just give them a shot of Pk with molasses...?

Yeah 3gal. I have some packing foam around my exhaust for noise. So I can’t see where it connects to the venting. fan popped loose at the bottom. To stingy with the tape. So indoor problem solved. And it’s so hot we’re running the air. So as long as the windows are closed it’s fine. That should buy me the time I need. The lady I got the seeds from likes the sativa high. I don’t sleep well enough as it is. Might cut hers 1st.

Just plain water this past week. So just give them a shot of Pk with molasses...?
Unsulfured Backstrap Molasses at a few drops to a liter will not hurt anything. I am in the camp that it gives a smoother smoke with a hint of sweetness to it. That is debatable. But we do know it keeps microbes and bacteria in soil active, provides some stuff that the plant needs late in flower, and is organic. I like it because a few drops in my cistern water ph to about 6.5 every time.

Whereas if I hit a plant with N late in flower, it tends to have a 'greener' 'cut grass' taste longer into cure, and can be a harsher hit.

If you have issues sleeping, you need to get a lot more amber....I have the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom