I'm just here for the poofs......

:popcorn:

Hello my fellow 420 peeps. It has been awhile and there is a lot to catch up on. So let's dive in!

First, Blue Amnesia wow this one has perplexed me like no other. This seed started its life on March 3rd. That was LAST month lol. Last week we were at about 50 to 65% cloudy. I left the plant alone and watered it a couple of times with a half teaspoon of honey per gallon of water. A few days later I looked at it and it was sparkling like diamonds from all of the trichomes. Closed the tent and forgot about it.

Today, I looked at it and and the leaves were turning yellow and getting brittle around the flowers. What the hell is going on with this plant? I wondered. I pulled it out and put it under the scope for a closer examination. All of the trichomes were cloudy and in every shot there were 3 to 4 amber. Every site that I researched shows this plant finishing at the earliest 60 to 65 days with 70 to 75 days normally. We are at 50 days.

So with that, I chopped it down, trimmed it and washed the buds off in plain room temperature water. You would be surprised how much filth accumulates on cannabis buds over the course of a grow. Placed the newly washed buds on a wire rack and into a cardboard box to dry for 10 days. Then they will go into a mason jar with a Boveda pack and sealed for the cure.

The buds are nice and dense.

I think one 1 quart jar for 6 weeks ain't bad if the cannabis smokes as good as MOC claims. We shall see.

Last week we transplanted DP auto blueberry to a 4 gallon bucket with An amended Whitney Farms organic soil. The plant looked great and took off. 2 days later I looked in the tent and all of the leaves were turning yellow and the plant was drooping. I touched the bucket and it was warm, as if the soil was cooking. I quickly went to the nursury, grabbed a bag of Pro-Mix Organic, A pack of 5 gallon fabric pots and quickly performed another transplant. When I removed it from the bucket, the soil was still sopping wet from when I had watered it into the pot. Terrible Terrible. So into the Pro-Mix it went and the plant was left for a week to dry out. So here we are today. one week later:

It certainly looks way more yellow than my camera is letting on let me tell you. But at least the new growth up top is now deep green. And I guess this is where we have to leave her going into flower, which is why I'm starting to hate Auto's. If you mess up one time there is no fixing it and you just have to live with it. So who knows where this plant will end up.

Speaking of Auto's and how they seem to always be the bane of my patience:

A new chapter in this saga begins. This is my first Photo. A Big Bud XXL from MOC. It was a freebie.

According to MOC:

Big Bud XXL Feminized
This plant is almost a pure indica strain with a happy effect and it is available only in its female version. It's the biggest producer of our collection and it can reach this result without compromising quality. The structure of the plant is typical of indica, not very tall, and it performs well both in seas of green or as a bigger individual plant. It grows well outdoor in the right condition (temperate climate only) where its early flowering can be the winning point.

Available in bags of 2, 5, 10 and 25 seeds.

Kind of seeds: Female

Indoor/Outdoor

80% Indica 20% Sativa

Flowering Time: 7-8 weeks

Yield: 600-750 gr per sq. mt. indoor, up to 1 KG per plant outdoor

THC: up to 15%

Yeah, we'll see. I've learned over the course of a few grows to know not to put too much stock into a free seed. They are "free" for a reason. LOL But we will see. This one will go into a one gallon fabric pot for now, with a mixture of soil from previous grows amended with the usual accouterments. I only soak my seeds in purified water until they sink, then they go into a pot of well drenched soil and I leave them alone until they hatch. My plan is to keep this plant in veg and top it a few times until my Blueberry finishes, then I will flip it to flower. I will leave it in the 1 gallon unless it starts looking fantastic or something but I'm not holding my breath.

Wow that was a lot for one week. And just like always, Please feel free to offer any suggestions and advice you may have Especially with Photo's because this is literally my first time growing one. I really hope that they will be a little less sensitive like all of my Auto's have been. Until next time, Have a great weekend everyone!

Just a quick update. I need to keep posting pictures of DP Blueberry so I can gauge its progress. It looks to me that it is getting more and more yellow. I have decided that I am not going to worry about this plant. If it hasn't shaped up by the time Big Bud is ready to flower, I will pull it and transplant Big Bud to its pot. I will just order another blueberry plant and we will continue later. I am thinking of going for DJ Short's original blueberry if the seeds are feminized. But anyway, here are todays pics.

Just checked and DJ Short's version is non feminized. Can anyone suggest a good feminized Photo Blueberry? I'm just tired of dealing with Auto's.
Seedsman has a feminized Blue berry.

I can't say if the strain is good, I haven't grown it. It is a Seedsman strain, they also have DP's version too (and a few others).

Seedsman has a feminized Blue berry.

I can't say if the strain is good, I haven't grown it. It is a Seedsman strain, they also have DP's version too (and a few others).

Thanks Bonsai. I will check them out.

Thanks Bonsai. I will check them out.
When you filter, filter by name, it makes finding seeds easier, when you are looking for something like blueberry.

Back
Top Bottom