The Blue Experience - Kharma Reborn

Auto's are like a chick that breaks up with you the first time you piss her off.
She isn't as cute or as voluptuous as her counterpart but she is low maintenance,
which just makes you comfortable in sticking around.
Photo's on the other hand, will let you fuck up a few times and take you back,
She's prettier in most aspects, the sex a little stronger,
but she will grow a penis if you turn on the light while she is sleeping.

Who knew?​

I am starting my first Photo Period grow. This is all new to me. I have no idea what is going to happen. I've read so much about people growing photos and it all just seems so complicated to me. There is talk of light leaks and how you have to have the best tents or your plants will hermie, different light schedules 12/12? 13/11? 14/10? When to switch to flowering? If you wait too late the plant will grow too big in flower, do it too soon and your plant won't produce much. All of this stuff made me get comfortable growing auto's because I just didn't have to worry about it. Plant the seed in a 3 gallon fabric pot and watch it grow.

Or how about DWC with Photo's? I had enough stress, just trying to stay on top of PH levels and nutrients, and reservoir changes that I surely didn't want to handle the extra stress with all of the difficulties that a photo would bring on top of everything else. But in another aspect, I feel like by growing photo's that they will be more forgiving, and offer me at least a bit of leeway if a mistake is made. And I make a lot of mistakes. The most recent one being a 15 dollar seed and months of wasted electricity, time and effort. All because I made one mistake by transplanting in the wrong soil. And for that reason and a few other's I'm going to try photo's for a while. besides, I heard the weed was stronger anyway.

Ok so to get started: I am growing:

Ministry of Cannabis Big Bud XXL Feminized

This plant is almost a pure indica strain with a happy effect and it is available only in its female version. It's the biggest producer of our collection and it can reach this result without compromising quality. The structure of the plant is typical of indica, not very tall, and it performs well both in seas of green or as a bigger individual plant. It grows well outdoor in the right condition (temperate climate only) where its early flowering can be the winning point.

Kind of seeds: Female

Indoor/Outdoor

80% Indica 20% Sativa

Flowering Time: 7-8 weeks

Yield: 600-750 gr per sq. mt. indoor, up to 1 KG per plant outdoor

THC: up to 15%

Soil is:

Pro-Mix ORGANIC VEGETABLE & HERB MIX

OMRI-Listed and ready-to-use, this peat-based PREMIUM ORGANIC VEGETABLE & HERB MIX is perfect for all your vegetable, fruit, and herb garden needs, whether in-ground or in containers.

FEATURES
  • With MYCOACTIVE technology to stimulate vigorous growth for greater stress resistance, larger root system for increased nutrients, water uptake, bigger, healthier plants
  • Organic fertilizer that gradually feeds plants for up to 3 months
  • OMRI-Listed for use in organic gardening
INGREDIENTS
  • Canadian sphagnum peat moss (60-75%)
  • Peat humus
  • Perlite
  • Gypsum
  • Limestone (for pH adjustment)
  • Organic fertilizer
  • Mycorrhizae - GHA297 Technology
The plant will be grown in a 5 gallon fabric pot under the Bridgelux Vero 29 69 Volt. The tent is an El-Cheapo 2' by 4' zip up. It is 7 feet in height with carbon filter and exhaust fan installed.

I soaked one big bud xxl seed in purified water for about 4 hours until it sunk.

I soaked the soil until I got runoff.

and tested the PH

The PH of my filtered water is 7.3 so I guess it's working.

Yoy dont mind if I pull up a chair and chill here with you i hope!? Everything is looking great for your first pheno buddy! Get in there with both feet!
Curious in what your last statement meant though? Your PH should be 6.5 going into your Peat mix. What is that reading that you're taking.....runoff?

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. LOL

The seedling was transferred to the pot from my one gallon pot. It had already sprouted with a 3 mm tap root.

The temps are between 73F and 75F

And now we wait.

Yoy dont mind if I pull up a chair and chill here with you i hope!? Everything is looking great for your first pheno buddy! Get in there with both feet!
Curious in what your last statement meant though? Your PH should be 6.5 going into your Peat mix. What is that reading that you're taking.....runoff?

Thank you for stopping by Guy. I'm sorry my wording is kind of confusing. The water coming out of my Tap usually reads 7.0 and when run through the filter it was reading 7.3. But after soaking through the soil, the runoff PH is at 6.5. Pro-mix claims that their soil auto regulates PH and I guess they are right.

Oh, I'm definitely going to join after that intro...... I'll sit over next to the cheesy poofs.......<growl>

:popcorn:

Glad to be here.....

What that's telling you is that your roots are sitting in nutrient filled soil at a PH of the average. Obviously you know averages 7.3 + 6.5 =13.8 / 2 = 6.9 PH. I would adjust my water down slightly. Key is nutrient filled water to the roots at 6.5. You have PH up and down? .1 or .2 might not sound like much of a difference but when calcium, phosphorus and magnesium can be absorbed by your plant optimally until PH 6.5, but not as easily at 6.4......optimally is the key word there. Without stressing your girl.....

Tweek it.

Very first thing a wise friend told me on my first day here......PATIENCE. Take your time with all of aspects.....shes your girl.

I started with a 3x3 and 4 autos. I had success, but not tonnes. Now I'm legally growing 25.....and patience is still at the forefront of my brain. Rush through shit and details get forgotten.....Im 45, I have to write shit down to remember lol.

What kind of gilter are you using...RO?Who's nutrients are you using? Do They have an online feed schedule you can download? I'll chill with you here buddy......lets rock this Big Bud, but start with the basics!!

Oh, I'm definitely going to join after that intro...... I'll sit over next to the cheesy poofs.......<growl>

:popcorn:
Thank you bonsai. I might be a writer but I will let you know after a couple of bowls.

Glad to be here.....

What that's telling you is that your roots are sitting in nutrient filled soil at a PH of the average. Obviously you know averages 7.3 + 6.5 =13.8 / 2 = 6.9 PH. I would adjust my water down slightly. Key is nutrient filled water to the roots at 6.5. You have PH up and down? .1 or .2 might not sound like much of a difference but when calcium, phosphorus and magnesium can be absorbed by your plant optimally until PH 6.5, but not as easily at 6.4......optimally is the key word there. Without stressing your girl.....

Tweek it.

Very first thing a wise friend told me on my first day here......PATIENCE. Take your time with all of aspects.....shes your girl.

I started with a 3x3 and 4 autos. I had success, but not tonnes. Now I'm legally growing 25.....and patience is still at the forefront of my brain. Rush through shit and details get forgotten.....Im 45, I have to write shit down to remember lol.

What kind of gilter are you using...RO?Who's nutrients are you using? Do They have an online feed schedule you can download? I'll chill with you here buddy......lets rock this Big Bud, but start with the basics!!
Thank you Guy. I am taking a hands off approach to my grows these days, at least as much as possible. This is a pure organic soil grow. I won't be adding any nutrients. The soil was amended with azomite, Dr. Earth Supplements and Earthworm castings. I will definitely watch the PH. Should I adjust it down to 6.5 when I water it? Oh and the water filter is a 3 stage coralife under sink filter. 1 step below an RO

If it's organic it's different and your mix will buffer for You.. ...to a degree. I'd still monitor PH, Ive had too much shit happen by not monitoring something so simple.
You can adjust PH....naturally. Lemon juice is a natural PH down. Van Stank doesn't routinely PH his LOS, he uses a natural liquid fish fertilizer to lower his waters PH to a more respectable level. He now knows how much /gallon to be in "the zone" ! Test a few things out, see what you've got that raises and lowers PH naturally and keep notes on what you did. Little things like that can be indispensable.

Glad to be here.....

Tweek it.

Guy I notice that you use Pro-Mix too. This is my first time using it. I hope that the claims are true in that it will feed continuously for 3 months.

If it's organic it's different and your mix will buffer for You.. ...to a degree. I'd still monitor PH, Ive had too much shit happen by not monitoring something so simple.
You can adjust PH....naturally. Lemon juice is a natural PH down. Van Stank doesn't routinely PH his LOS, he uses a natural liquid fish fertilizer to lower his waters PH to a more respectable level. He now knows how much /gallon to be in "the zone" ! Test a few things out, see what you've got that raises and lowers PH naturally and keep notes on what you did. Little things like that can be indispensable.

Thank you. I have both PH up and down solutions. So should I just water it naturally, or lower the PH still to 6.5?

I will sub up also, nice setup you have. I have the same ph pen, it works great. Good luck.✌️
Thanks Ghost. Welcome. There is plenty of room in here.

If you're going with an amended Pro mix mixture, and you're trying to stay organic, then you cannot use traditional ph up and PH down. Somebody else may chimed in as to a natural form of pH up but I do know that in order to PH down your water naturally lemon juice is a good one.

Not sure what you mean about promix feeding continuously, promix is considered inert mixture of peat moss, perlite and another ingredient I just can't remember lol. After 21 days, I'd start to feed my girls if they were in nutrient based grow. Yours isn't, it's an amended soil mix....... did you allow your mix to cook?

If you're going with an amended Pro mix mixture, and you're trying to stay organic, then you cannot use traditional ph up and PH down. Somebody else may chimed in as to a natural form of pH up but I do know that in order to PH down your water naturally lemon juice is a good one.

Not sure what you mean about promix feeding continuously, promix is considered inert mixture of peat moss, perlite and another ingredient I just can't remember lol. After 21 days, I'd start to feed my girls if they were in nutrient based grow. Yours isn't, it's an amended soil mix....... did you allow your mix to cook?

I really don't know much about Pro-Mix. My first time using it. However my bag states that it feeds continuously for 3 months. I am using Pro-Mix organic version, maybe that's why. I have added a few supplements to mine as well as some azomite rock dust. No I didn't let it cook first though. I think it will be okay, although I was in my Auto Flower mindset and planted it in its final pot. lol I didn't know that you had to PH down naturally in soil. I will try the lemon juice trick. I have plenty of lemons.

@RETRIX - Had to chase you down there, sorry I wasn't around but I made it. Just had some plants to harvest...I looove photos, so much more forgiving and way easier to learn from. I nuked my first auto grow, swore off autos until I figured out the photo's. Then I just returned to autos and they are much easier to understand now. You made a great decision.

I'm here for support, you got this now.

So when my DP Blueberry broke my heart from yellow leaves and quickly declining health, I pulled it out of the soil and placed it in a trashbag and tied it up to keep it from smelling up the house. I tossed it by the back door to go out into the compost bin and quickly forgot about it. This morning I picked up the bag to take it outside and noticed that the plant felt a little too firm. I opened the bag and you are not going to believe this.....

The plant had turned 90% green again and the roots were growing out of the root ball! Thinking this has to be a sign, I quickly grabbed a 2 gallon bucket that I had laying around, drilled some nice drainage holes and potted the old girl back up with some left over ocean forest. Now she is back in the tent. This is just crazy. check out the pictures.

If anyone would have told me that to save this plant, just rip it out of the pot, seal it up in a plastic trash bag and throw it by the door for a week, I would have laughed. But this isn't funny.

Since I only have one tent, and I am growing a photo, I guess this auto is going to have to finish the last of her flowering on a 12/12 cycle. I guess this is a testament to Dutch Passion quality? I don't even know what to think right now. LOL

Back
Top Bottom