1st Grow In Coco: 70% With 30% Perlite

Watering will take a long time last month or so... Roots are so massive at that point in small pot, it will take forever for water and nutes to get down. 3 gallon was bad I can only imagine a 2 gallon... lol You will be watering at least twice a day in flower I suspect maybe even three times. I'm going to keep my eye's on this. I'm so curious what things you will run into with 2 gallon. I was so tired of watering twice a day and of course the length of time it took to water at the end. I just wanted to pull out my hair some days. I will never grow in straight coco again... lol Not worth the yield for me. Every grow is a lesson. I learned mine. You'll also find most of the people giving you coco advice are set up on irrigation. You have just started a journey that most grower will never understand... haha
I highly recommend you pot up now!!!! I wouldn't wait. I'd carefully cut 2 gallon bag off and pot up now. If you wait you will I think you may stunt more if you wait. Regardless I still kinda want to see what happens in 2 gallon. I think it may result in really low yield. That is just a guess tho.
I have moved them all up to 3 gallon pots. But, that'a as big as I'm going this time around. So far the watering isn't bothering me, but they still only need to be watered every other day at most at this point. I enjoy interacting with the plants, so I'm looking at watering that way.... but I'll prly change my mind as the watering continues. I'm only growing this way to start because the 1st online journal I read (on another site) did a grow this way & I just sort of followed. The lady got about 6 oz out of 3 plants. That sounded good to my rookie ears. Especially since at 1st, I was considering buying a crappy "automated" grow box. The "Grobo" for $3000 or so. Glad I found this place. I'll figure out a watering system if it gets too bad. Putting 3 gallons in and out of the tent is a chore on it's own though.

The tent would easily allow a single 3x3 fabric bed.
Thats 80 gallon fabric pot.
Could plant 4 plants in that and would be like each plant having a 20 gallon pot.
But thats if you went to soil.
If you stick with coco then 4 gal is fine because you're just force feeding from bottles.
Do they make an 80 gallon fabric pot?

More haircuts and training today.
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2354.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG

Fk me sideways - I've got a tent a light and a watering can
Hope you're not really growing in cocoa
I am. I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm doing it the best I can... They are growing & I was surprised that worked!

Do they make an 80 gallon fabric pot?
They make i believe up to 1000 gallon fabric pots.
But a simple 3x3 bed would fit perfectly.

I have moved them all up to 3 gallon pots. But, that'a as big as I'm going this time around. So far the watering isn't bothering me, but they still only need to be watered every other day at most at this point. I enjoy interacting with the plants, so I'm looking at watering that way.... but I'll prly change my mind as the watering continues. I'm only growing this way to start because the 1st online journal I read (on another site) did a grow this way & I just sort of followed. The lady got about 6 oz out of 3 plants. That sounded good to my rookie ears. Especially since at 1st, I was considering buying a crappy "automated" grow box. The "Grobo" for $3000 or so. Glad I found this place. I'll figure out a watering system if it gets too bad. Putting 3 gallons in and out of the tent is a chore on it's own though.
Nice!!! You won't regret potting up. I got 10.5 oz from a 3 gallon coco. It was a gorilla glue auto. You should be able to yield at least 6 oz. I went in to it with same attitude about interacting with plants. It got very tedious tho. This is a great place to ask questions and learn from reading other journals. I know a lot of people do a lot of different things and have great success. Every thing I read told me to do as little as possible to Autos. Everytime you pot up, top or use LST you slow the growth down. Autos don't have time to recover like photoperiods. I did nothing except trim for light and air and not to much at any given time. If you want to interact you should try photoperiods. I'm glad to be back with my photos. I love all the LST, up poting, clipping, and lollypoping. Everyone has a different take on growing autos. It sounds like your off to a good start and shoot for a pound not 6 oz. Your friends will like you more...lol :snowboating:

More haircuts and training today.
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2354.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
All those hair cuts are slowing your growth.... Your autos won't have time to recover for bigger yield. I know there's guys on here that will prove me wrong but I'm just staying. Autos only have a short window to veg in.

Nice!!! You won't regret potting up. I got 10.5 oz from a 3 gallon coco. It was a gorilla glue auto. You should be able to yield at least 6 oz. I went in to it with same attitude about interacting with plants. It got very tedious tho. This is a great place to ask questions and learn from reading other journals. I know a lot of people do a lot of different things and have great success. Every thing I read told me to do as little as possible to Autos. Everytime you pot up, top or use LST you slow the growth down. Autos don't have time to recover like photoperiods. I did nothing except trim for light and air and not to much at any given time. If you want to interact you should try photoperiods. I'm glad to be back with my photos. I love all the LST, up poting, clipping, and lollypoping. Everyone has a different take on growing autos. It sounds like your off to a good start and shoot for a pound not 6 oz. Your friends will like you more...lol :snowboating:
Only I have like 50 auto seeds... I'm gonna figure autos out 1st obviously. I have spent my way into a direction and now I'm gonna figure out. My goal is a 1/2 pound for all 4 plants. If I can get your kind of yield ... I will have lots of friends!
DAY 34:
IMG_2359.JPG
IMG_2360.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
I call these plants my lil witches... cuz Ima set em on fire! But 1st they must be put upon the rack!

Fk me sideways - I've got a tent a light and a watering can
Hope you're not really growing in cocoa
Why not? All the watering. Prly be different next grow. Soil likely...

All those hair cuts are slowing your growth.... Your autos won't have time to recover for bigger yield. I know there's guys on here that will prove me wrong but I'm just staying. Autos only have a short window to veg in.
Okay, I'll try to control myself. I have been cutting away leaves blocking bud sites... that's about it.

Okay, I'll try to control myself. I have been cutting away leaves blocking bud sites... that's about it.
Yes stop!!! They look healthy, but they need to grow if your ever going get any close to 6oz. Their about to flower and they have no growth to support buds. Remember those leaves you've take'n off are solar panels for the buds. No leaves and buds will suffer. I don't think you need to take another leaf off for rest of grow.. Just water and feed.

I bought lots of auto seeds too. I will be giving them away. I don't think I will ever grow an auto again. I loved the experience because now as a grower I have done it, but not worth it to me. I also used far to much energy$$$ growing them compared to photoperiods. With lights on for 18 hours the entire grow for autos compared to 12 hours for photoperiods.

Right now I have a veg light only using 110w for four plants. I will flip them when they have veged out to fill my 4x4 tent. I get to train them and make sure there is a shit load of bud sites and plants are healthy before they flower. This should take about 8 weeks or so from seed.

After I flip then only running my flower lights 450w for 12 hours vs 18 is a big savings $$$$. Best part is I can veg out plants and take control over grow with photos.

It just doesn't make any sense for me to ever grow an auto. The money I save will buy me lots of photoperiod seeds. I had a great yield and a great learning experience. Autos were developed in Russia I believe because of the length of the growing season. I live in same climate in Canada. I tried to grow photoperiods outside and it just got too cold and wet while my buds were trying to finnish. I would grow autos outside if I were to ever grow autos; In fact, that was my plan. I was going to put seeds I have to use outside, but decided I like the nice safe environment my tent gives me. No mold or pests either. I feel like an old pro with just a two inside grows under my belt.. lol you will too.
sorry for going on and on... As you can see I'm very passionate about the grow. I love it!!! Just trying to share my take on it.

You must have pretty steep electricity cost in Canada I take it?

We pay just .10ç /kwh here and an autoflower that takes 10 weeks start to finish cost per month.
I run 24/0 first week and 20/4 until harvest.
1. $15
2. $28
Plus 2 weeks $14
Total about $57
Could get a d00b on a stick or 8oz

Photo
1. $12
2. $16
3. $16
4. $16

Plus usually 2 weeks $8
So between $60-$68
But I get a virtually guaranteed 8-11oz per plant.
So electricity cost for me is if anything a few dollars cheaper for an auto at 20hrs per day.
My only beef with autos is that about 50% of the time they produce zero.
A loud fart will stunt them.
If they grow I usually get between 6-8 oz per plant but its usually a big IF.

I think most auto cultivars just aren't stable.

You must have pretty steep electricity cost in Canada I take it?

We pay just .10ç /kwh here and an autoflower that takes 10 weeks start to finish cost per month.
I run 24/0 first week and 20/4 until harvest.
1. $15
2. $28
Plus 2 weeks $14
Total about $57
Could get a d00b on a stick or 8oz

Photo
1. $12
2. $16
3. $16
4. $16

Plus usually 2 weeks $8
So between $60-$68
But I get a virtually guaranteed 8-11oz per plant.

My only beef with autos is that about 50% of the time they produce zero.
A loud fart will stunt them.
If they grow I usually get between 6-8 oz per plant but its usually a big IF.

I think most auto cultivars just aren't stable.
I agree about them being completely unstable. I grew four GG autos last grow. All the seeds were from same batch I bought. It looked like I had 4 different plants. Buds don't look or smell the same either.

I disagree about 10 weeks start to finnish. Yes that is what I was told even when I bought the seeds only to find out They flower for as long as any photo if not longer. That's 8-10 weeks in flower. I have a very detailed grow journal. If I remember Seeds popped Jan 17. First plant was harvested April 7. I only harvested because I spotted a nanner and had to get her out of the tent. That's like 11 weeks and three days. Last one harvested May 9. That is 16 weeks my friend. That is about how long it takes me to grow a photo.

We here in Victoria have incredibly low rates until we get over a certain usage. It all add up.

Yes stop!!! They look healthy, but they need to grow if your ever going get any close to 6oz. Their about to flower and they have no growth to support buds. Remember those leaves you've take'n off are solar panels for the buds. No leaves and buds will suffer. I don't think you need to take another leaf off for rest of grow.. Just water and feed.

I bought lots of auto seeds too. I will be giving them away. I don't think I will ever grow an auto again. I loved the experience because now as a grower I have done it, but not worth it to me. I also used far to much energy$$$ growing them compared to photoperiods. With lights on for 18 hours the entire grow for autos compared to 12 hours for photoperiods.

Right now I have a veg light only using 110w for four plants. I will flip them when they have veged out to fill my 4x4 tent. I get to train them and make sure there is a shit load of bud sites and plants are healthy before they flower. This should take about 8 weeks or so from seed.

After I flip then only running my flower lights 450w for 12 hours vs 18 is a big savings $$$$. Best part is I can veg out plants and take control over grow with photos.

It just doesn't make any sense for me to ever grow an auto. The money I save will buy me lots of photoperiod seeds. I had a great yield and a great learning experience. Autos were developed in Russia I believe because of the length of the growing season. I live in same climate in Canada. I tried to grow photoperiods outside and it just got too cold and wet while my buds were trying to finnish. I would grow autos outside if I were to ever grow autos; In fact, that was my plan. I was going to put seeds I have to use outside, but decided I like the nice safe environment my tent gives me. No mold or pests either. I feel like an old pro with just a two inside grows under my belt.. lol you will too.
sorry for going on and on... As you can see I'm very passionate about the grow. I love it!!! Just trying to share my take on it.
I appreciate the feedback. I guess you have to take it all in & adjust to what seems to be working. Seems to be lots of ways to make these plants work... I have gotten - pots too big - pots too small - water everyday - don't water everyday - let the plant tell you what it wants - cocoa good - cocoa bad - auto good - auto bad. I'm just thrilled that I put a seed in a pot and it fucking grew!

Back
Top Bottom