1st Grow In Coco: 70% With 30% Perlite

All over but the smoke report. Still evaluating. In their storage jars now.
FB24C00B-17E1-4198-B982-083A7DE67516.jpeg
69854F0B-6C70-4EE1-8805-F54CFE07F7B9.jpeg
9F7CE35E-E50C-4DD7-835A-E3F1C2B8A1C4.jpeg
854A050F-5A4D-46D4-AA8E-78A9BDF8F6A2.jpeg
8B35199D-3815-46E2-B471-C21DFA7D14E9.jpeg

Smoke report #1 Green Crack Auto ( genetics available through @CannaPot). This is the stickiest of the 4 I grew. It smells of a cereal I had years ago called Crackling Oat Bran, weird. Doesn’t have a strong taste. I’m trying to learn to develop my taster… I have smoked from a bowl with a lid for 30 years (because I have always been very miserly with the expensive weed) and I’m sure that is not the best method for taste. Now that I am pretty confident that I’m gonna have plenty of weed from here forward I can find the best method of tasting the lovely cannabis. Some say joints are the best way for flavor. I have been smoking hemp cones this week and it is much better than the pipe for sure. My wife seems to think I’m smoking more with the joints and maybe I am, but I think it’s because I take more hits at a time with a joint and it just appears that I am consuming more.
Anyway Green Crack Auto: the effects are just what I was looking for, a creative rush and suddenly I’m improvising on my guitar and just finding new phrases and chords. A good sativa seems to pull things out of the ether. All around, I am pleased with this one.

Smoke report # 2: Big Bud x Northern Lights #5 auto. This was a freebie. I think I have a couple left. Surprisingly a wonderful plant. It has a very rich almost coffee smell. It's my favorite evening time smoke. Smoke even smells like coffee according to my wife. Nice giggly high. Very relaxing. One evening when I had a back spasm, smoking this gave me almost instant relief. Very noticeable difference after smoking. I need to figure out who bred this, cuz I want more! I give it 4 out of 5 on my point scale.
5 = All time fave
4 = Good - recommended
3 = It's okay, but not a fave.I'll give lots to my friends.
2 = Meh, I feel a little something
1 = Dude! That's oregano!

I crept your entire ride from the bench. Very much enjoyed your Start to finish experience @DeeBoy.
Congrats on a very nice harvest :)
Thanks! I loved every minute.

Smoke report # 2: Big Bud x Northern Lights #5 auto. This was a freebie. I think I have a couple left. Surprisingly a wonderful plant. It has a very rich almost coffee smell. It's my favorite evening time smoke. Smoke even smells like coffee according to my wife. Nice giggly high. Very relaxing. One evening when I had a back spasm, smoking this gave me almost instant relief. Very noticeable difference after smoking. I need to figure out who bred this, cuz I want more! I give it 4 out of 5 on my point scale.
5 = All time fave
4 = Good - recommended
" nice giggly high" I love it !

Water bong head here all day for 40 years..and your wife is a smart women as you save heaps of bud.

Choof on and enjoy

I don't have much of a smoke report for the remaining 2 strains. But here it goes:
Amnesia Haze Auto From (taps nose) Beansdude. Smelled of watermelon all the while it was growing. As it cured the smell weakened. Smoke is lacking. Probably going to go into cookies. Rating 2.5.
Northern Lights Auto also from Beansdude. My wife likes this one to sleep, I also find it lacking, but I'll give it a 3.
I'm going to add one more thing to the journal. Things that I learned. Coming up and then I'll close this Journal and only use my book report journal going forward.

What did I learn from this 1st grow?​

This is based on MY experience growing indoors, in a tent, in coco, using LED lights.​

In no particular order:
Don’t act on advise immediately. Research first.
Research your genetics, good genetics covers a lot of mistakes
You need fans & buckets .... buckets & fans and if you're lucky ... lots of jars.
Cal-mag early on
Plants are tough , tape them back together
Tuck leaves when you can, instead of clipping
Open up the center
Keep the canopy even
You can top an auto
You can quadline an auto
Dry amendments are easier than liquids
Dry the plant as whole as you can to protect terpines
Water coco everyday
Water with warm water if possible
To raise ph, add more water
Calibrate and maintain ph pen
Vinegar can be ph down
Start light at about 1/4 power at early veg
Water seedlings with 2.5 ml / gal cal mag ph 5.8 30 ml per day
Transplant after 2 weeks into 3 gal pots
Check drying at 5 days then 7
Below 70% humidity good for jarring
To cure 1st week burp twice daily
2nd week once daily (begin test smoke)
3rd week every other day
4th week on weekly

5 = All time fave
4 = Good - recommended
Much different pheno from mine, but I'm glad to hear that the pain relief is equal.

Great job DeeBoy!

Much different pheno from mine, but I'm glad to hear that the pain relief is equal.

Great job DeeBoy!
It's really nice! I have given some buds away and every time they smell it for the 1st time they give me the "God Damn!" look. Which is very rewarding...

Wow this is a gem. I confess I only read first and last two pages. But yeah the coco/perlite is how we did our first and really the next two. Younger one we’re in 3G fabric but when we flip its within a day of up potting to 5G airpots. We just nute a bit differently reading your “lessons learned”

For me on page one you had two posters giving awesome advice we live on in our grow. Real fundamentals for us

Wow this is a gem. I confess I only read first and last two pages. But yeah the coco/perlite is how we did our first and really the next two. Younger one we’re in 3G fabric but when we flip its within a day of up potting to 5G airpots. We just nute a bit differently reading your “lessons learned”

For me on page one you had two posters giving awesome advice we live on in our grow. Real fundamentals for us
Great help on this site!

Oops can't add quotes in edit.

Three great bits of advice on your first page (for me that took some learning)
Ph to 5.8 in coco - its not a thing. A couple of squirts and a great Ph pen.
Its your environment and its all a bit different

learn those two and its easy 🤣

Nick
I ph to between 5.8 - 6.2 now. I change it up, because I've read that some nutrients uptake better at slightly different readings. Seems to be working fine.

I ph to between 5.8 - 6.2 now. I change it up, because I've read that some nutrients uptake better at slightly different readings. Seems to be working fine.
We had what we now think was pretty much a deficiency of everything in the grow we’re finishing up now it was a nute learning curve with Co2 in veg for the first time on pur second grow. We messed up one evening and fed at Ph 4.3. In a panic I searched for what that might mean (We’d always put 6.5 in before but nite change) we learned actually we got lucky and what a bit of ranging up and down the Ph range can do. Awesome learning.

And mostly lucky 🤣

Back
Top Bottom