1st Hydro Grow

I have never heard of hydroton dissolving. Pics would be helpful. Yes, I would drop the water level down. Your plants may be getting too much water. The rock wool will soak it up.

I have never heard of hydroton dissolving. Pics would be helpful. Yes, I would drop the water level down. Your plants may be getting too much water. The rock wool will soak it up.

Thanks for the info Ms. Fox...I'm going to drop the water about an inch and see how that goes...as far as the hydroton mystery goes, I dont know what to say, I just ordered more from a hydro shop near me. Clerk had never heard of that happening either...go figure.

Day 6

ph 5.9
room temp 73
water temp 72
rh 44%

Well, looks like I've lost one of the White Dwarfs. The root tied itself into a gordian knot and there was very little I could do. Should have done somthing sooner but I was worried about plant damage. I gave it the best shot I could, but it doesnt look promising.

Dropped 2 gallons of water from an 18 gallon res, to drop the water away from the bottom of the net pots and it has seemed to help, another plant has visible root shoots and they seemed to gain about 1/8 of an inch overnight.

I took several more pics this am but the quality was still pretty poor so I'll try again this afternoon. The pics can be viewed in member galleries if you want to see them, but there is not much you can see.

If there are any digital cam experts out there, please feel free to offer setting sugestions, as I really want to be posting daily pics so the hydro experts out there can weigh in on what I need to be doing. Hopefully, I'll start to see more rapid growth now that the water level is down.

Here are some new pics...quality is a little better but they are just so young there isn't much to see.

rsz_100_0209.jpg

rsz_100_0211.jpg

rsz_100_0208.jpg

rsz_100_0206.jpg

rsz_100_0210.jpg

SouthernWeed sorry about the seedling.:hmmmm:

I have one that grew up and out of the rockwool then turned and grew back in the hydroton. I've also had a perfectly healthy seedling die in hours from being pinched by hydroton moving seedlings around.:whoa:

Your seedlings are doing good from what I see.:smokin:

Pan4

Day 7

Ph 6.0
Room temp 73
Water temp 71
Rh 45%

Good news, all 5 survivors have roots through the netpot...two nearest the airstone are nearly 6" long. Lesson here is tomorrow I'm gonna spend the 7 bucks its going to cost to put a second airstone in the res. I'll post pics of the roots tomorrow am.

rsz_100_0216.jpg

rsz_100_0214.jpg

rsz_100_0217.jpg

rsz_100_0218.jpg

rsz_100_0220.jpg

Morning pics...roots look very healthy just a wide disparity in overall length. Just got back from wally world, bought a "T" fitting and another airstone to put in. Man that things throwin out some bubbles now.

Having to fight the urge to give the girls a miniscule dose of nutes. Anyone out there want to weigh in on exactly when to start em on the juice, I'm all ears. Had figured to start them on the start of weel 3.

Anyhow here's the daily stats:

Ph 6.0
Room Temp 72
Water temp 70
Rh 46%

Sure, go ahead and start a low dose of nutes. The next time, you can even soak the rock wool in a ph adjusted nute solution. The rock wool doesn't provide any nutrition for the seedling. Which is a major difference between hydro and soil. ;-)

Sure, go ahead and start a low dose of nutes. The next time, you can even soak the rock wool in a ph adjusted nute solution. The rock wool doesn't provide any nutrition for the seedling. Which is a major difference between hydro and soil. ;-)

Thanks for the rockwool suggestion, hadn't thought of that.

Fox Farm...seems to be the most highly regarded so I bought them.

I use the Dutchmasters Gold nutes it's almost fool proof but it's not organic. They are on the cutting edge of hydroponics.

Let's all get out to VOTE in the 420 Contest's Here

Pan4

I use the Dutchmasters Gold nutes it's almost fool proof but it's not organic. They are on the cutting edge of hydroponics.

Let's all get out to VOTE in the 420 Contest's Here

Pan4

Thanks for the info Pan...I'll definately look into them. BTW, ups finally got off its lazy ass and got me my hydroton about 3 this afternoon, so I got them refilled.

Back
Top Bottom