1st Hydro Grow

Day 8

Ph 6.4
Room temp 74
Water temp 72.5
Rh 48%
Nute ppm 220

Wow what an explosion of root growth. Extra airstone and nute dose have had an immediate impact. All sorts of additional root shoots are out of the rockwool and reaching for water.

Plants are still so small, guess thats how it should be tho, they're not really supposed to get much more than 18-20". The Gigabud, however, is starting to show some upward growth and an altogether different look. Got the stuff to make a bucket DWC to continue the Gigabud in a seperate location...different light schedules and all that.

Starting to think about germing the Thai Super Skunk in case somthing goes wrong with the Gigabud, I really want to see what'll happen with the soil/hydro side by side grow.

No pics today or tomorrow. Sorry, the wife is out of town and she took the camera with her. I'll put up some pics early monday morning.

Day 8

Ph 6.4
Room temp 74
Water temp 72.5
Rh 48%
Nute ppm 220

Wow what an explosion of root growth. Extra airstone and nute dose have had an immediate impact. All sorts of additional root shoots are out of the rockwool and reaching for water.

Plants are still so small, guess thats how it should be tho, they're not really supposed to get much more than 18-20". The Gigabud, however, is starting to show some upward growth and an altogether different look. Got the stuff to make a bucket DWC to continue the Gigabud in a seperate location...different light schedules and all that.

Starting to think about germing the Thai Super Skunk in case somthing goes wrong with the Gigabud, I really want to see what'll happen with the soil/hydro side by side grow.

No pics today or tomorrow. Sorry, the wife is out of town and she took the camera with her. I'll put up some pics early monday morning.

It's amazing how quickly the roots grow in hydro... and the plants will follow. Once they hit the water in my DWC, I could literally see them grow an inch an hour during veg.

Day 9

Just readjusted my Ph down to 5.8, hopefully that will give the plants a bit of a boost. So far so good. Plants roots systems are going beserk, which is very promising, and vertical growth has restarted in an impressive way. I really believe I stunted the plants growth by having the water level to high at the beginning. Well, lesson learned and no real harm done.

Daily stats:

Ph 5.8
Room temp 74
Water temp 71.5
Nute ppm 220

Everything seems to be clicking right along at this point, makes me want to giggle. I honestly expected to have more trouble with my first hydro grow, but thanks to some great posted advice, things are going very well. Many thanks to those of you who are following this grow and offering help, pretty sure I would have killed them all off by now without it. Will post root/ plant pics early tomorrow am.

Day 10

Ph. 5.8
Room temp 77
Water temp 74.5
Rh 47 %
Nute ppm 220

rsz_100_0221.jpg

rsz_100_0224.jpg

rsz_100_0223.jpg

These pics are of my best plant, but the rest are catching up fast. The root growth on this plant measures 18.25 inches and is expanding at a rate that is almost unbelievable.

Many thanks to Pan4Gold for sending a pm to warn me about the high Ph level reached after I added nutes. There is still a minor amount of leaf curl, but it is 75% better than it was last night.

Anyhow, there are a few more pics in my photo gallery if anyone wants to look, but posted pics are by far the most revealing.

Day 11

Ph 5.9
room temp 79
water temp 74.5
Rh 48%
Nute ppm 165 (added 1.5 gallons ph adjusted water first thing this am...will bring nutes back up this afternoon)

Well I uploaded a slew of pics this morning but I'm having some problems posting them and I'm running out of time, have to leave the house in just a few minutes but I do have time to say that these things are growing like hell now. All plants exhibited more than 1" of growth overnight and they seem to be starting to stretch a bit. The leaves seem to be reaching for the lights a bit. I have my light set about 13 inches above the tallest plant, and believe that is right in the range I need to be.

I am told that this particular strain should start flowering in the third week so we are getting closer to the good stuff. Added a fan to circulate some air and strengthen the stalks.

As always, advice is always welcome.

Day 12

Ph 6.0
Room temp 75
Water temp 73
Rh 45%
nute ppm 240

Well I've about used up this res of water/nutes...starting to have some problems keeping the ph where I want it so as soon as I'm done here, I'm changing the res for the first time.

I'm quoting from the breeder here "...a small percentage of these plants grow much taller than others...". Well, I believe I have one of those. The posted pics are of my tallest plant, a full 2" taller than the next closest. Actually, the other three are within 1/8" of each other. This is a bit of a curveball as now I have to worry about one plant towering over the rest and starving them of light. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

rsz_100_0247.jpg

rsz_100_0248.jpg

rsz_100_0249.jpg

rsz_100_0246.jpg

SouthernWeed doing good.:Rasta:

Mix this batch of nutes to 500ppm ph of 5.8.:smokin:
Its time to give them more food. For a better growth rate.:popcorn:

Your doing great keep up the good work.:roorrip:

Pan4

Will do Pan...haven't changed it just yet, got called away and just got back so I'm about to change it now...I'll hit the ph and ppm at your recomended levels.

Nute bounce is common. As your plants use up the nutes the Ph will change this change maybe a little or a lot it depends on the amount of nutes used each day. I check certain tanks 2 or 3 times a day every day I have to add ph up or down depending on the state of the tanks. A jump in the tank ppm is how the judge when to change tanks.:smokin:

Pan4

^ Good call.

You should check at least 2 times a day. If you notice that 2 times a day isn't working, then up it to 3. You have to stay on top of it. ;-) It seems like a lot of work, but you will be well rewarded at the end of your grow.

Back
Top Bottom