1st Journal 2nd Grow Sugar Black Rose

Most definitely. I just keep reminding myself how far I have come already. I feel like a guru sometimes when friends try and ask for advice, but definitely very far from it haha!

I am going to work with the adviceyou folks have given me and update you soon. Unfortunately I have not had time to do the water change yet. @TurboBucket what is the ratio I should use for cleaning the system? Just seems a bit slimy not any hard build up at all. I am also thinking I will flip the inline pump around so that it’s pulling from the res and feeding the buckets not vice versa.

for tonight I will leave you guys will some of the most recent pictures of Angelina, Anastasia, and Annabelle in that order.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just did some LST on the ladies and here are the results. I’d say I have crimping and bending of the branches down. These girls take it well.

So the naming makes sense of the girls I was thinking Angelina - is like the celeb amazing looking but not the best. Anastasia - is the confused lost runaway princess. And Annabelle - Beauty and the BEAST of the 3 haha just thought I’d share my late night stoner thoughts with you folks.
0286C865-8315-4609-AB14-5388BE182F1E.jpeg
DCC944D1-CE5C-4963-863D-D9EDA2021651.jpeg
B54530B2-9CD5-48BB-B41D-C385E3F373A9.jpeg
3BCB835F-10F9-433D-85E0-923D1642A64A.jpeg
A2E73891-6C46-4BD1-B045-65943B459667.jpeg
75D53C49-BE5F-4098-A7EA-5DD01C7CFCAB.jpeg

image.jpg
Woohooo!!! Annabelle is showing!! First pistils

Something just doesn’t appear right but I’m not a hydro guy so I’m of no value.

keep taking advice from @TurboBucket. He will guide you to a successful harvest.

positive vibes :Namaste:

The red temp holds at about 74F. I would like to get a chiller or modify a dehumidifier to cool it down a few degrees

@bluenoserjoe has a cool diy cooling device that seems to work for him. Going from memory it was an inline fan and some duct work. I haven't dabbled in hydro yet so I could be way off but might be a relatively cheap fix. Thought I would mention it. It is in bluenoserjoe's black sugar grow journal where I saw it.

@Silverfox125 could you be more specific please? The plants health? The light? The nutes? What does not seem right? Just waking up now as will work on the room when I get some time later today.

@Modest grower Thanks, I’ll check it out today.

i may have misspoke. Are you using low stress training?

to me it looks like the leaves are twisted some but it could just be shadows.
No worries Silver, I believe what your seeing is from the low stress training.

Finally finished painting all the lids... took 4 coats of flat black then 3 of gloss white spray paint. Definitely looks a hell of a lot better then those ugly ass yellow lids haha! Also did another session of tucking, crimping, and bending. I will not top anymore I’ve decided. No point as far as I can tell.
4DE5C5AE-4564-4B8A-A012-3B9B5B90508D.jpeg
C07866F7-8520-4D64-8D7E-0B57880637A9.jpeg
C60F1B85-22FE-43A7-9779-CA50527D2E77.jpeg
4758C3D6-EDC8-4990-B1EB-A252867244A7.jpeg

Building a diy co2 generator out of a few household products.

5-gallon water jug
Sugar
Yeast
I have read positive things about it in a 1 gallon setup so a assume a 5 gallon would be 5 times better? Maybe produce more co2 in same 2 week span or last 5 times longer? Let me know if you or anyone you know has done this and some feedback if you could. Much appreciated as always

Meet mister Django
image.jpg
FEDA914C-5EE5-4D02-AE79-B1BEC58F0629.jpeg

I also added some nylon on all the intakes for the inline pump and a “Swiss cheesed” gallon to stop the roots from clogging them up
B4293D9C-A084-4EAE-99B4-3B3E81740F4E.jpeg
8952756E-F51F-4910-9E17-E9F9E779D3CF.jpeg

:oops: Well shit.. mixed it up and it started bubbling within 10mins then the foam came on and started going up air tube and had no idea what to do.. I figured maybe pull the air hose up some in the makeshift lid and it popped out and started squirtin everywhere! Covered it with my hand and had to think... lol how do I lift a 5 gallon jug and get it outside without spraying shit everywhere on the way.. decided to the tub with my hand kept over the hole was the best bet( it’s just down the hall). Flipped it upside down a few times to get some water out to create more surface area for the bubbles to sit on so they could pop before filling the top. At least that’s my thinking.
@Modest grower you got any advice since you got somethin brewin?

My goal is to have all of my kombucha jugs in a crate or container with an air hole on one side and the other end going into the tent. When my exhaust fan is on, I'm hoping it will suck through the crate and carry some Co2 enriched air

Here is my thrown together example on a very small scale with a jar and a downpipe that didn't quite work on my turbo project. Just did it now for fun not expecting anything from this but you get the concept minus the air hole on the other end. The things I do when my wife goes to bed :rofl:

I ended up just putting that jar in the tent with a bag around it to block direct light

Attachments

• 20200128_230129.jpg
    20200128_230129.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200128_230114.jpg
    20200128_230114.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 47
Lookin good man! I won’t lie when my lady goes to bed it’s the same way for me.

My idea behind the second water bottle is so you can see how much co2 your actually producing and if you still are. It appears to be working perfectly! I had the 5gallon about an inch to full. Like I thought, I needed more surface area for the bubbles to pop and not stack up on each other and start passing through the air line. Atm it’s producing a solid stream of bubbles for about 5 seconds every 1/2 second. Not sure what the equivalent to ppm would be in my grow room but I kno it is not hurting anything. I didn’t have a lid for it and the electrical tap wasn’t holding a seal so I went back to my original lid idea, which consisted of a 4 -ply grocery bag seal with rubber bands holding it in place then I cut a small slit in each of them till the pressure releases ( does not take long to get the gases rollin) then slowly work the air hose throw the hole to keep a air tight fit.

5gallons of warm/ hot water from tap = free
5lbs of Sugar = 3usd
4 packets of yeast = 1.49 for 3 packets

so for basically 6usd you gotta co2 generator for x days.... I will keep the journal updated on it as time goes on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 37
Okay... so I just did some real rough calculations according to other people’s math and what I found is that this mix should produce around 800grams of co2 which is about 2 lbs. 1 lb of co2 is 8+ cubic feet and I would need 1 cubic foot per 2 hours with the air exchange rate I currently have to raise the co2 levels from 400(average household co2 ppm) to 1500ppm range in a room about the size of mine. Like I said, real rough calculations lol. If this releases over a 14 day period as I have read it will do then it will release about a little more then 1 cubic foot a day. If it finishes fermenting in 4 days like @bluenoserjoe says his stops working in 4 days then that would be about 4 cubic feet of co2 released in a day. Which is 1/3 of what I would need to reach the 1500ppm mark. I could also be miles off on these numbers.. I’m considering buying a co2 ppm but for now I’ll just let my 6 dollar diy co2 generator bubble away.

Okay... so I just did some real rough calculations according to other people’s math and what I found is that this mix should produce around 800grams of co2 which is about 2 lbs. 1 lb of co2 is 8+ cubic feet and I would need 1 cubic foot per 2 hours with the air exchange rate I currently have to raise the co2 levels from 400(average household co2 ppm) to 1500ppm range in a room about the size of mine. Like I said, real rough calculations lol. If this releases over a 14 day period as I have read it will do then it will release about a little more then 1 cubic foot a day. If it finishes fermenting in 4 days like @bluenoserjoe says his stops working in 4 days then that would be about 4 cubic feet of co2 released in a day. Which is 1/3 of what I would need to reach the 1500ppm mark. I could also be miles off on these numbers.. I’m considering buying a co2 ppm but for now I’ll just let my 6 dollar diy co2 generator bubble away.
Yes mine does stop in four sometimes five days . Would the amount of product used make a difference in how long it works. I, on average, use one cup sugar to one packet yeast in one liter of water. Produces a solid one bubble per second. Yours in a five gallon is making ten times the amount. As CO2 is heavier then air my out let is directly above the plants so it naturally rains down over them. I also run a four inch booster fan pulling off the floor and dumping at the ceiling just to help with the circulation.

Back
Top Bottom