1st Grow Journal, 2nd Grow Ever, 1st Auto Grow

As a guide, Mars Hydro suggests: The ideal PPFD for the seedling stage is 100-200 µMol/m2/S
200-500 µMol/m2/S for the vegetative stage
and 500-600 µMol/m2/S for the flowering and fruiting stage.

maybe somebody else.. I just go by how the plants do
keep it on 100% raise & lower as needed
Hey Joe! So I have been going off marshydros recommended PPFD but for some reason some of the seedlings look rough (I can't capture it in pictures they always look ok) so maybe I'm just over thinking it and they are just a little slow or two of them have just taken off so it makes the other three look sad lol I'll just keep doing what I'm doing right now the ppfd is about 128 to 160 its different on all plants but the light is level lol

What's ppfd Ziggy
So ppfd is the strength of your lights at the canopy of your ladies. I'm not positive on all the science behind it or anything like that. I know if the ppfd is too high it can burn the plants and stunt the growth and if it's too low it will also stunt them. I believe that's correct lol sorry I need to get bettwr at explaining things lol

Hey Joe! So I have been going off marshydros recommended PPFD but for some reason some of the seedlings look rough (I can't capture it in pictures they always look ok) so maybe I'm just over thinking it and they are just a little slow or two of them have just taken off so it makes the other three look sad lol I'll just keep doing what I'm doing right now the ppfd is about 128 to 160 its different on all plants but the light is level lol

So ppfd is the strength of your lights at the canopy of your ladies. I'm not positive on all the science behind it or anything like that. I know if the ppfd is too high it can burn the plants and stunt the growth and if it's too low it will also stunt them. I believe that's correct lol sorry I need to get bettwr at explaining things lol
Oh I never pay attention to all the letters . Don't understand civilian acronyms

Mabe we can get @Krissi Carbone to give you, her opinion. She is always testing new lights & different strains at the same time
Seems to have a great handle on things :passitleft:

Oh I never pay attention to all the letters . Don't understand civilian acronyms
I mean same tho lol my husband gets into the science behind things more and I'm just mhmmm I understand 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mabe we can get @Krissi Carbone to give you, her opinion. She is always testing new lights & different strains at the same time
Seems to have a great handle on things :passitleft:
Awesome thank you Joe I may just shoot her a message and see if I can get in touch with her. I appreciate the help alot 😌

So hey guys I got a question... what is the best PPFD for autos this size? Everything I read online is so different I want to make sure mine is correct. Thanks in advance 🙃😌🙃😌🙃
Your environment is right on in terms of both temp and rh. As far as par level (ppfd) - traditional wisdom says seedlings should be between 200-400 ppfd at that size. I tend to operate at the higher side of that. As they get bigger you raise the ppfd accordingly. Yours look like they are stretching just a little bit. What is your current ppfd? How do you measure it?

Your environment is right on in terms of both temp and rh. As far as par level (ppfd) - traditional wisdom says seedlings should be between 200-400 ppfd at that size. I tend to operate at the higher side of that. As they get bigger you raise the ppfd accordingly. Yours look like they are stretching just a little bit. What is your current ppfd? How do you measure it?
Whatever you’re currently at, if it were me I would raise the level a little so as to negate that stretch.

Yours look like they are stretching just a little bit. What is your current ppfd? How do you measure it?
Hey Jon!! So I was thinking stretching too a little bit but I wasn't sure as this is my second grow but my first grow from seeds 🙈 But as of now my ppfd is at 128 to 160 I have all 5 seedlings under one light right now as they are so small. The ppfd is different on all the plants but my light is level and sits about 20 inch from the canopy. To measure the ppfd I am using the Photone app on my phone.

Ladies Update
Day 12 -> Dec 6th -> Purple Lemonade and Wedding Cake (#1) are doing absolutely amazing and thriving. Wedding Cake (#2,#3) and Sour Stomper are doing better then previous days but still quite small compared to the other 2. Increased the amount of water to about 100 ml (2 nute needles) around the seedling and then a full nute needle worth of water around the outside edge of the soil away from the ladies.
Day 13 -> Dec 7th -> Got a beautiful surprise when I opened the tent at lights on today. All 5 ladies look absolutely amazing!! I am not worrying about the Wed Cake (#2 & #3) and the sour stomper anymore!! They are all about the same size for the most part the size difference is very small now. I am so excited to see all of them thriving like they are! Made a really shitty past two days (personal stuff my elder dog is not doing well at all) a little better and brighter ✨😊 I needed that today more then anyone probly knows. I turned up the light on them to about 60% now and brought the ppfd to right around 250. Added a little height to Wedding Cake (#2 & #3) and sour stomper. Now all 5 ladies have the same ppfd or within a number or two. (Thank you so so so much @Krissi Carbone for the advice appreciate it and you very much) Also gave the ladies about 1/2 a nute needle each just so they didnt dry out too too much over night.
Just need to say this quick but Thank you to everyone who has already helped me along this journey with my ladies i true appreciate it greatly. I cant wait to contiune this grow with all of you!! Yall are amazing. Positive vibes to you all 🥹 ✌️ ✨🤘 🪅 🤙

received_854210199055026.jpeg

received_2710958512370926.jpeg

received_643007924282697.jpeg

received_524776252904055.jpeg

received_474333264786666.jpeg

Hey lady!!

First of all, awesome 1st journal!! You are documenting it so well! I love all the information!

So imo, these HEALTHY ladies are still in seedling stage. When you hit veg, you will have about 6 sets of pointed leaves.

I went back to my Super Silver Crack grow and pulled pics of my Day 8-12.

At Day 8...about your size or so.....

20220826_083815.jpg

At Day 9 I up potted them to their 3gl 1st homes, I see you have yours in 3s already. I start mine in 5.5 in pots then transition to 3s and finally 5s. I would recommend for quicker growth and lack of chance to over water, to start them in smaller pots then move them....

So Day 10, we looked like this under the @Mars Hydro SP3000. I chose this tent because it is a Mars lighted tent.

20220829_105556.jpg

2 days later, the move had allowed growth to be facilitated and they jumped into "veg" quickly.

20220831_083808.jpg

So when we start seeing your girls getting about this big, we shall call it veg.

Until then, I think whatever you got going on is working for you. They seem healthy and vibrant and right on track.

Sending you and pup much love girl

Hello and welcome to the forum! I love this journal so far!
I'm using AC infinity equipment as well. Its helps keeping the environment in check an afterthought!

I definitely agree with what you said early on "buy it all once instead of having to upgrade later" that's always my thinking!

Your off to a great start so far!

Hey Jon!! So I was thinking stretching too a little bit but I wasn't sure as this is my second grow but my first grow from seeds 🙈 But as of now my ppfd is at 128 to 160 I have all 5 seedlings under one light right now as they are so small. The ppfd is different on all the plants but my light is level and sits about 20 inch from the canopy. To measure the ppfd I am using the Photone app on my phone.
Gotcha. I also use Phototone, and accurately once I figured out the high technology of the paper screen. Lmao!! Good stuff. May I suggest to you that being in the 100s is too low? You will inevitably get stretch at that level. Conventional wisdom usually lists ppfd recommendations for seedlings as 200-400 ppfd. From experience I would agree. I operate usually at the high end. I have yet to meet the sprout that won’t flourish at 400. As soon as I have two sets of real leaves I start to bring the ppfd up, and by the time I flip (or the auto begins to flower) I’m usually around 800. Just one way to do it, there are many ways to skin this cat. You’ll find what works best for you as you go and as you get to know your lights better. But for starting out seedlings I’m pretty sure most will agree that you want to be at a bit of a higher level of ppfd. Hope that’s helpful!

Gotcha. I also use Phototone, and accurately once I figured out the high technology of the paper screen. Lmao!! Good stuff. May I suggest to you that being in the 100s is too low? You will inevitably get stretch at that level. Conventional wisdom usually lists ppfd recommendations for seedlings as 200-400 ppfd. From experience I would agree. I operate usually at the high end. I have yet to meet the sprout that won’t flourish at 400. As soon as I have two sets of real leaves I start to bring the ppfd up, and by the time I flip (or the auto begins to flower) I’m usually around 800. Just one way to do it, there are many ways to skin this cat. You’ll find what works best for you as you go and as you get to know your lights better. But for starting out seedlings I’m pretty sure most will agree that you want to be at a bit of a higher level of ppfd. Hope that’s helpful!
Jon, I'm thinking about getting a light meter and see they are mostly measuring LUX. Your thoughts?

Hey lady!!

First of all, awesome 1st journal!! You are documenting it so well! I love all the information!

So imo, these HEALTHY ladies are still in seedling stage. When you hit veg, you will have about 6 sets of pointed leaves.

I went back to my Super Silver Crack grow and pulled pics of my Day 8-12.

At Day 8...about your size or so.....

20220826_083815.jpg

At Day 9 I up potted them to their 3gl 1st homes, I see you have yours in 3s already. I start mine in 5.5 in pots then transition to 3s and finally 5s. I would recommend for quicker growth and lack of chance to over water, to start them in smaller pots then move them....

So Day 10, we looked like this under the @Mars Hydro SP3000. I chose this tent because it is a Mars lighted tent.

20220829_105556.jpg

2 days later, the move had allowed growth to be facilitated and they jumped into "veg" quickly.

20220831_083808.jpg

So when we start seeing your girls getting about this big, we shall call it veg.

Until then, I think whatever you got going on is working for you. They seem healthy and vibrant and right on track.

Sending you and pup much love girl
Looks great :)

Looks great :)
Thanks Chase!! Those girls are harvested now but I just wanted to show our friend the shift from seedling to veg. Excited to see what she will show us with this grow! Are you growing now Chase?

Thanks Chase!! Those girls are harvested now but I just wanted to show our friend the shift from seedling to veg. Excited to see what she will show us with this grow! Are you growing now Chase?
Very good I hope you had a bountiful harvest :) I was just reading through some new grow journals and thought I’d pop in. Her plants look like they’re coming along. I am on my second grow. My journal is going! It’s Malawi Gold day 22

Very good I hope you had a bountiful harvest :) I was just reading through some new grow journals and thought I’d pop in. Her plants look like they’re coming along. I am on my second grow. My journal is going! It’s Malawi Gold day 22
Awesome! Do you know how to add your journal to your signature line that way when you post it comes up by your rasta man? It will just help people, including me, navigate directly to your journal and also know that you have a journal in progress just by looking at your comments on threads

Awesome! Do you know how to add your journal to your signature line that way when you post it comes up by your rasta man? It will just help people, including me, navigate directly to your journal and also know that you have a journal in progress just by looking at your comments on threads
No actually I don’t! how do I manage this?

Back
Top Bottom