Black Sugar Soil Grow '20

Pman Sticky Ikky

Hi there!
This is a second grow I have going my Chitral kush is in bloom so this black sugar should be ready or at least kinda close to move to the Bloom area once the Chitral is ready for harvest.

So the little DIY grow box I use for propagation & early veg'ing isn't ideal but given my limitations it works...

Lights are 1 ≈45w LED & I have 2 led grow bulbs (something like 9w ea.) on a small lamp to supplement & Help lower would be branches to aid manifolding.

This is my 1st real soil grow, I normally do DWC. so I decided to try & keep it simple & test the soil at the same time. I went with the water only soil from Detroit nutrient company. I'm really happy with it 4 weeks in. Started from seed in it & ZERO burns. Though that said after I topped it for the first time it appears that some little critters also decided that they would also top it... I ain't having it! Just sprayed a little neem oil on them so hopefully they are taken care of.

I am going to try to manifold this one & keep it pretty small <18" tall. That & also because the pot size I have is limited... currently only in a 1 gallon though I think I'll plan on moving to a 3 gallon once it grows into it.

Before COVID-19 I traveled a lot for work so with that remaining to be a possibility after all this I have it on an ebb & flow rig to be semi- automated. The Detroit nutrient company water only soil seems to remain looser while retaining water REALLY WELL! It should last for 3-5 days until the plant gets bigger.

I plan on trying to avoid adding any extra nutes if I can help it. That's unless it starts looking really rough. I'm all for testing but no sense in wasting potentially great weed especially when you have limited space! "living soil" fascinates me and I want to see how far it can take the plant before intervention needs to happen.

Anyhow... It was looking great! That is before these little dickheaded worms mistook it for a Golden Coral.

Attachments

• IMG951533.jpg
    IMG951533.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG951534.jpg
    IMG951534.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20200323_191422_01.jpg
    IMG_20200323_191422_01.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20200323_191422_02.jpg
    IMG_20200323_191422_02.jpg
    896.8 KB · Views: 134
Okay so looks like my worm problem is cured & the manifolding seems to be going well. Despite my other hobby of making bonsai, I really suck at shaping bud... I'm hoping this grow will turn that tide... Unsolicited advice has now been solicited! If it looks like I'm F'n up or could do better some way please chime in! & Sorry about the blurple lights I'll get some natural lit ones soon to share.
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg
IMG_1548.jpg
IMG_1552.jpg

Okay so looks like my worm problem is cured & the manifolding seems to be going well. Despite my other hobby of making bonsai, I really suck at shaping bud... I'm hoping this grow will turn that tide... Unsolicited advice has now been solicited! If it looks like I'm F'n up or could do better some way please chime in! & Sorry about the blurple lights I'll get some natural lit ones soon to share.
First! :popcorn: I'm trying to shape my bud too. I wouldn't want to be shohin off too much(;)get it?) .:rofl:

You may be able to edit it but before you post just hit full image so your pictures enlarge and it's easier for people to see. Otherwise it's thumbnail as you see ;)
:passitleft:
Word! I'm a newb on this forum interface too... Of course it doesn't help that usually I make posts after a long chat with heavy hitting indicas too...

Just a little update, just snipping palm leaves that cover new potential colas. One new thing I'm doing additional to just the living soil is I've found a use for my rabbit's bunny berries she leaves all over. I had planned on going with just the living soil & water but after seeing what the bunny berry tea did for my tomato plants & hydro lettuces, I just couldn't help myself. I'm a tinkerer by nature & even with the heavy training I'm doing on this one I couldn't help but to F' with it... & Seeing the Black Sugar in the great white North thread... I had to try & maximize my yield... BUT I am going to keep it natural and organic, barring any deficiencies occuring.

Bunny tea has been cut to <400 ppm & pH'ed to 6.8-ish. (straight tea is 2400 ppm & about 7.0 pH)

IMG_20200417_202941_03.jpg
IMG_20200417_202941_02.jpg
IMG_20200417_202941_01.jpg

hi all 1or 2 of you that are watching this one, long time no update. All is well, growing very nicely. As suspected in my last post I had to take 2 clones to even it out. 2 future colas were WAY taller than the others. I've trained about as much as I want. As soon as the clones are established I think I'll move this one to the flowering area & keep one clone as a mother plant / posterity if nothing else. That one poking up in the back may get taken as a clone too... Still debating

Really happy with the super soil! Everything is looking good

IMG_20200508_194359_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom