• Gelato

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Cookies (Blue Family)

• Strawberry Cream (Strawberry)

• Total voters

J Obadiah

Hello Everybody! Thanks for stopping by. I have a few projects going right now, one of them is my first ever clone grow. All the plants I've grown the last 3 years have been from seed, feminized or regular, but never clones.

I decided to give them a shot. Luckily, I am blessed to have a longtime friend who has genetics that people in our area just cannot find anywhere else. Several of the dispensaries here either possess my friend's genetics or they compete directly with each other. Most of their strains are the result of many years of breeding and engineering.

The strains in this grow are as follows:
  • pre-98 Bubba Kush
  • Gelato
  • Blue Cookies
  • Strawberry Creme
  • Purple Punch
Since Ive never grown clones before, I am wondering if anyone out there who has more than a years hands-on experience can tell me if they:
  1. Look good for their age (3-4 weeks)
  2. Are supposed to look the way they do
And also, should I:
  1. Lollipop them. If so, now? I want to.
  2. Top them like normal? Or a special way?
I ask because the other plants I have that are similarly-aged look a lot different, and clones always seem so disheveled and unorganized compared to seeded plants.

Pre-98 Bubba Kush (2 images, front/back)
20190330_162238.jpg

20190330_162210.jpg

She seems a bit disheveled to me, but not in necessarily a bad way; it seemz to me that clones are just...like this. I always wonder if they're supposed to look so unorganized.

Gelato
20190330_171747.jpg

20190330_171729.jpg

This Gelato is actually looking pretty good, its just a LITTLE bit lanky but overall, I'm really excited about it.

Strawberry
20190330_172016.jpg

20190330_171959.jpg

Strawberry is great. She's bushy toward the bottom, and she has great growth. Also, this one's growth pattern is phenomenal.

Purple Punch
20190330_174159.jpg

I think I like this Purple Punch. Its a good size, and it'll stay nice and compact for me.

Blue Cookies
20190330_175309.jpg

This Blue Cookies is going to be a big girl. She could possibly stretch up to 200% of her height after veg, due to her DNA (Blue Dream & other Blue strains are notorious stretchers. That's not to say they all do this, but in my experience, most of them do. Fine by me, I'll just have to SCRoG it haha.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Thank you guys/gals for stopping by and having a look-see at my first go with clones. Ive grown outdoors and indoors, tolled, 3 years; I grew (and still do occasionally grow) regular edible vegetables like Tomatoes, Potatoes, Carrots, Lettuce, Spinach, Eggplant, Cucumber, Okra, Corn, Onion, Garlic, herbs of all sorts, and Berries. I am already enjoying myself and am looking forward to learning how to properly grow clones!

Obadiah

I have less than a year's experience, so my unqualified opinion is they look like healthy normal clones. The alternating nodes gives them away. I'm pretty sure I read here that you can top them and bend them and chop them how you want once they've rooted properly just like a plant from seed, but you probably should verify that with someone more knowledgeable than me. Cheers, luck to your grow! :yahoo:

I have less than a year's experience, so my unqualified opinion is they look like healthy normal clones. The alternating nodes gives them away. I'm pretty sure I read here that you can top them and bend them and chop them how you want once they've rooted properly just like a plant from seed, but you probably should verify that with someone more knowledgeable than me. Cheers, luck to your grow! :yahoo:
Haha sorry about that, I'm sure your qualified, I just wanted to make sure I didnt have some moronic comments come down the line.

I looked into topping, but I'm having a hard time--as far as using the Internet as a source goes--finding anything that helps. What I'm confused about is the way clones grow. Like, I'm actually not understanding where to cut. I know this is super basic and its kinda frustrating me now. The sideways nature of the new growth rather than symmetrical new growth is what makes me confused.

I am only qualified to regurgitate what I've read from the smart folks here. Unfortunately, I looked on our search and came up with only your post, which then sent me out to the interwebs at large. I came across quite a few entries, after sifting a bit the consensus pretty much was "top anywhere you want whenever you want, and you'll get a split". Some vids too, just from searching "topping clones".

I'm not quite sure on the math involved with clones, like from a seed plant you can grow out to the fifth node and top between the 2nd and 3rd and get 4 shoots, etc. I think you might have other options for training also, but I'm not sure how things like supercropping or LST would work on your plants as they look a touch lanky for that to me but again I'm not experienced enough to say for sure.

Let's see if we can get some experience up in here on it to clarify shall we? @Emilya had a nice concise comment that outlined topping very clearly just recently, maybe she can expound on the clone variable here. We'll get to the bottom of it mate! Cheers!
:passitleft:

A clone is genetically the mother plant. It is genetically mature, the same age as the mother plant, so all of its nodes come in alternating and any topping of any branch will result in 2 shoots. There are no variations in a clone... if you chop a growth tip, you get two growth tips.
My goodness thank you for that. Just like Pbass, I couldnt find anything out there. I'm gonna write an article myself! This is good news. I staked 3 of them last nightat a 45 degree angle to open them up, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks again!

I am only qualified to regurgitate what I've read from the smart folks here. Unfortunately, I looked on our search and came up with only your post, which then sent me out to the interwebs at large. I came across quite a few entries, after sifting a bit the consensus pretty much was "top anywhere you want whenever you want, and you'll get a split". Some vids too, just from searching "topping clones".

I'm not quite sure on the math involved with clones, like from a seed plant you can grow out to the fifth node and top between the 2nd and 3rd and get 4 shoots, etc. I think you might have other options for training also, but I'm not sure how things like supercropping or LST would work on your plants as they look a touch lanky for that to me but again I'm not experienced enough to say for sure.

Let's see if we can get some experience up in here on it to clarify shall we? @Emilya had a nice concise comment that outlined topping very clearly just recently, maybe she can expound on the clone variable here. We'll get to the bottom of it mate! Cheers!
:passitleft:
Hey thank you and great job I do appreciate it!

Hello Everybody! Thanks for stopping by. I have a few projects going right now, one of them is my first ever clone grow. All the plants I've grown the last 3 years have been from seed, feminized or regular, but never clones.

I decided to give them a shot. Luckily, I am blessed to have a longtime friend who has genetics that people in our area just cannot find anywhere else. Several of the dispensaries here either possess my friend's genetics or they compete directly with each other. Most of their strains are the result of many years of breeding and engineering.

The strains in this grow are as follows:
  • pre-98 Bubba Kush
  • Gelato
  • Blue Cookies
  • Strawberry Creme
  • Purple Punch
Since Ive never grown clones before, I am wondering if anyone out there who has more than a years hands-on experience can tell me if they:
  1. Look good for their age (3-4 weeks)
  2. Are supposed to look the way they do
And also, should I:
  1. Lollipop them. If so, now? I want to.
  2. Top them like normal? Or a special way?
I ask because the other plants I have that are similarly-aged look a lot different, and clones always seem so disheveled and unorganized compared to seeded plants.

Pre-98 Bubba Kush (2 images, front/back)
20190330_162238.jpg

20190330_162210.jpg

She seems a bit disheveled to me, but not in necessarily a bad way; it seemz to me that clones are just...like this. I always wonder if they're supposed to look so unorganized.

Gelato
20190330_171747.jpg

20190330_171729.jpg

This Gelato is actually looking pretty good, its just a LITTLE bit lanky but overall, I'm really excited about it.

Strawberry
20190330_172016.jpg

20190330_171959.jpg

Strawberry is great. She's bushy toward the bottom, and she has great growth. Also, this one's growth pattern is phenomenal.

Purple Punch
20190330_174159.jpg

I think I like this Purple Punch. Its a good size, and it'll stay nice and compact for me.

Blue Cookies
20190330_175309.jpg

This Blue Cookies is going to be a big girl. She could possibly stretch up to 200% of her height after veg, due to her DNA (Blue Dream & other Blue strains are notorious stretchers. That's not to say they all do this, but in my experience, most of them do. Fine by me, I'll just have to SCRoG it haha.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Thank you guys/gals for stopping by and having a look-see at my first go with clones. Ive grown outdoors and indoors, tolled, 3 years; I grew (and still do occasionally grow) regular edible vegetables like Tomatoes, Potatoes, Carrots, Lettuce, Spinach, Eggplant, Cucumber, Okra, Corn, Onion, Garlic, herbs of all sorts, and Berries. I am already enjoying myself and am looking forward to learning how to properly grow clones!

UPDATE 04/02
Yesterday, on 04/01, I transplanted the Blue Cookies, the Strawberry, and the Gelato into 7-gallon SmartPots. The experiment with these is about training and light absorption, so I've bent them to a 45-degree angle to open them up. Here are a few images:
20190401_182341.jpg

20190401_182326.jpg

20190401_170602.jpg

20190401_165915.jpg

20190401_165355.jpg

There are still 2 more clones (Purple Punch & Bubba Kush) in their containers, which will be transplanted tomorrow or the next day. There are also 5 White Widow in solo sups that are going to be transplanted in about a week or so.

Obadiah

Attachments

• 20190401_165323.jpg
    20190401_165323.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 160
I think I may be of a little help.

These are clones, topped to fit and then tucked like mad. They will grow a leader from almost any node if exposed to light.

Indeed you are of help. I see what youve done. So, if i take my Bubba, which ive attached, and I cut it where I indicated in the pic, the node immediately preceding will begin to become apical? And thats my rule of thumb?
15544261398751807009862.jpg

Above I indicated I'd cut her right there where my hand is.

It makes sense to me now, if I haveit right. Basically, any place I top, the immediately-preceding node will take over.

Its odd when im used to this:
20190404_180911.jpg

20190404_180853.jpg

Lol I really love this plant. I hope to GOD Almighty its not male haha.

Thank you for your help!

Indeed you are of help. I see what youve done. So, if i take my Bubba, which ive attached, and I cut it where I indicated in the pic, the node immediately preceding will begin to become apical? And thats my rule of thumb?
15544261398751807009862.jpg

Above I indicated I'd cut her right there where my hand is.

It makes sense to me now, if I haveit right. Basically, any place I top, the immediately-preceding node will take over.

Its odd when im used to this:
20190404_180911.jpg

20190404_180853.jpg

Lol I really love this plant. I hope to GOD Almighty its not male haha.

Thank you for your help!
Very nice looking plant by the way. Yes cut where indicated. I have cut clones way back if they get unruly, as long as there is a good root system. Clones in my picture are week two of 12/12 and doing what they are supposed to do, grow like a weed.

Back
Top Bottom