1st Time - Indoors - 600W MH - 4x4 - GSC & Blueberry

im going crazy looking thru your grow and nobody for days is telling you that your ph is bad and thats causing the deformities. Do slurry tests and you will see that you have ph issues. You need to know what your ph is and rather quick since they have been stunted for days.. I didnt read the last 6 posts im sry if someone finally told you about ph and helped...

Re: 1st Time - Indoors - 600W MH - 4x4 - GSC & Blueberry

Highest probability is Manganese deficiency caused by improper ph. What is the ph of the water you're using after mixing nutrients? Other possibility is nitrogen deficiency. This can easily be tested with a cheap $12 soil test kit.
420-magazine-mobile1733554234.jpg
3rd possibility is too much light.
The secondary (3 blade leaves) should yellow and fall off now as per normal. You can pinch the lower leaves off. But, the upper leaves shouldn't be that pale pointing to manganese deficiency.

Remedy. Check PH of your soil with a soil test kit. Ph should be between 6.5 and 7. If ph is lower add a higher (base) ph watering solution next watering. If ph is too high add a lower (acid) ph watering solution next watering.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
This is the guy you listen too ^^^^
Slurry test is what you need...

This is probably the cheapest slurry test kit on the market. You can even buy their "pro kit" for $80 that does 200 tests and uses the more accurate titration method and also does away with the stupid capsules. Next step up is the pH test kit from Hanna instruments at $149.00 if you want electrode based testing. It will give you dead on accurate results but it only does Ph. If you're not doing 1000 tests a year it's not worth it...especially for rudimentary testing. You just need to know if your soil ph is 7.1 not 7.98 lol.

Be patient. It can take up to two weeks before it starts running normally. But usually (with dryish soil ready for water) it will correct after a few days. Just use clean ph adjusted water to fix it after you get your test results back. Chances are you have a lot of stored nutrients in your mix and the last thing you want is nitrogen toxicity. Test the Nitrogen while your at it (run all 4 tests if you can) if Nitrogen comes back dark, dark purple you may have a problem.

I can't tell from the picture. Did you do all 4 tests? Did you mix the colour caps up. There's a reflection on the colour chart that makes it hard to read.

I can tell you right now that i would hate having to do all this! Esp with a big garden. I run rdwc with a reservoir monitor, and right from the start im at 6.1 slowly dropping it to 5.8 as i start flower. I never let it get .01 out of wack and i never let my EC rise and fall once i know how a strain likes fed. EC controls ph for the most part and i just add between 2-25 ml of nutes every 2 days depending on their requirements. It is absolutely the simplest thing in the world to use.... none of that confusing 4 vile tests...

I run these soil tests all the time for my client/patient grows. Baseline results at start if I'm using BX and then again at the 12/12 flip to see how much Nitrogen is still stored in the soil at flower. The only time I run it on my own grows is when something is wrong with the Grow. Worst case I had was a bad or very old bottle of Earth Juice that was low in nitrogen. Turned out it had Spoiled and solidified at the bottom like a rock.

Let's wait to hear back about what happened to the PH test vial. He said his slurry came back at 6.4. I wonder if the reagent test will produce the same result.
But without the proper PH test I can't explain why there's no N-P and still a ton of K.
Only explanation I can think of is that he hasn't added any high nitrogen organic nutrients and that would explain the pale leaves and excessive Potassium as the plant won't need much Potassium until bloom. Looks like the plant has used up all the Nitrogen and Phosphorus and is now starving.

420-magazine-mobile1696586324.jpg

Here's the kit ph test included.
I didn't do it at first, believing my ph pen was correct. But this test says ph is high.

4x4 LED GSC & Hash plant

Ah, ha! Found the problem.
2 problems actually.
Now you need to lower your PH and add Nitrogen and Phosphorus. Get yourself a good organic grow fertilizer. You should be able to stone 2 birds with one kill. Lol.

Line them up in their proper order with the chart behind. Is the brown one Potassium or just unsettled dirt?

Boom! I knew it was ph! Son im not a soil grower but i wouldnt plant another seed till i knew 100% how to start off and regulate the ph in soil...
In hydro i look at a screen it says.......
I get the dropper or shot glass depending on what im using/doing,,, squirt a lil in, and viola,, ph good... And since checking is no more harder than looking up at the screen, well....... nuff said... Good luck.. Glad to see you got it figured out. I think you will have them turned around in 10 days!

Re: 1st Time - Indoors - 600W MH - 4x4 - GSC & Blueberry

Hey you will have to try coco next. Its like soil but you can treat it like hydro and water it every day, even use it in a drip or dtw system.... Lots of options...

Hey you will have to try coco next. Its like soil but you can treat it like hydro and water it every day, even use it in a drip or dtw system.... Lots of options...

I'm not allowed. :(
But the OP Jodasa may be down for a little DWC action.
For me it's an issue of Health Canada regulations.
I do legal grows for patients and I have do it by the book. From seed to washing the buds in a H2O2 solution to curing under a UV light (to prevent spore growth) to the way it's packaged and delivered to the client.
Plus there's accredited lab testing at $680 a pop.
If I mess it up. I lose the whole batch.

Back
Top Bottom