1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

Ok here are the pics from yesterday. I took a few of the nugs as well as one of the canopy. I hope you guys have a good day and I will do an update later.
2015-11-05_17_46_31.jpg
2015-11-05_17_46_23.jpg
2015-11-05_17_46_42.jpg
2015-11-05_17_47_01.jpg
2015-11-05_17_47_16.jpg
2015-11-05_17_47_30.jpg

Nice pics dude!

Looks like you do (or did) have a little nute burn huh?? You probably mentioned that earlier and I probably even read it, but just forgot by now :)

Keep up the great work, and have yourself a nice weekend.

Yeah there was a touch. I believe it was when I first changed out the nutes last weekend. I went to 1500 PPM but now they are down to 1000 and I have still not added water. The plants just ate that much. Have a great weekend.

:bravo:

beautiful work my friend.

but are some diodes blown out on your LED panel :confused:

V

Yeah the damn middle light has two squares out. It would explain why the growth of the Tuts was impacted. I do not know how long it was out but my guess is about a month. I will finish this grow and send it back for repairs. Pisses me off but what can you do?

I did finish up my prunning just now. There is more to prune but I will give it a few days to see how this impacts my plants. It is my belief that they will enjoy the light getting down to the lower parts of the plant. When I was doing this, I saw how many more bud sites where in the plant. They have a tremendous amount of sites in the interior that I just could not see with all of the leaves before. I have some concerns about the buds in the back and the Tuts. There is not a lot of light going to the back. I will have to see if I can correct that with more intense training in the next grow to keep the plants shorter and the canopy even. If that does not work I might have to get a couple of smaller lights to hang over the back. The Tuts have small buds at the moment. I have moved the light to be a little more centered over the top of them so now they are getting a more intense foot print. I did this on Tuesday. The PPP and WW have very large colas compared to what I am seeing in the Tuts. This could just mean the Tuts will take longer to finish or something else that is just going to not make me happy. The WW and PPP have been super easy plants so far. They grew huge and they are rocking the flowering right now. The Tuts are not. This could be that the light went out a while back and I just did not know or something. I just can not put my finger on it at the moment.

The other thing about the Tuts is that they did not clone well. Only 1 of the 4 made it (however that could be my fault as it was my first time clonning). Now the 1 Tut that made it is by far the smallest plant I have in veg. I am now wishing that I had germinated some PK and go with the PPP and PK on the next run. But we will see this through with what I have in the buckets right now. I do want to grow the WW again. It looks so awesome at the moment. And the PK looks awesome in Spitz's grow. Anyway I guess I am just whining right now so I will stop. Have a great weekend guys. Lots of great football this weekend so I hope you guys get to watch a bunch! :)

Update day 30 of Flower
HALF WAY mark! Pretty happy about that. So there was a tremendous amount of bud growth over the weekend. I changed the nutes out on Saturday and took them to 1200 PPM. They are now sitting at 900 PPM. I have decided that I will continue as I was doing before and add nutes to the res to try and keep them at the 1100 - 1200 level. I want the plants to have as much as they want to eat available with out burning them.

I think the defol was a success so I will be doing some more defol this week. The leaves have already grown thick again so it is time to defol them some more. The stretch is over they have not grown taller except in the bud. So the top colas are the only thing making them taller. I took the last 4 inches of slack out of the lights. They are as high as I can get them at about 6'4" high. I am hoping that will be enough. For the next grow I will add the extension to the tent to give me another 12 inches in height. I will also space the buckets out a little better.

The PPP is the tent queen right now. The PPP has more and bigger buds than the other two strains and also has the dominate smell in the tent. She is getting very frosty but all of them are getting frosty. The Tut is really putting on the ice show in the past 48 hours. If you rub a PPP leaf and then smell it has a strong citrus smell (think orange or grapefruit) with skunk underneath it. So it smells like rotten fruit. If you rub the Tut it has a minty/earthy smell with skunk underneath it. I actually think it smells nice. The WW is straight skunk ass. It is a pretty funky not nice smell. lol :)

The veg tent needs my attention. I just have not gotten around to topping or training them. They are getting pretty ridiculous. They are almost the same size as the plants in the flowering tent when I flipped them. So tomorrow I will top them and then probably add some nutes and stuff. I feel like I am ignoring them but I will do a better job of staying on top of them.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy looking at them in the tent. :)
2015-11-09_18_42_56.jpg
2015-11-09_18_43_06.jpg
2015-11-09_18_43_16.jpg
2015-11-09_18_43_25.jpg
2015-11-09_18_43_36.jpg
2015-11-09_18_43_45.jpg
2015-11-09_18_44_46.jpg
2015-11-09_18_44_53.jpg

Oh and careful on defoling too late. I think when the stretch slows down it will stop growing as many fan leaves.. Don't leave yourself without any solar panels or not enough! I think the last week it is ok to start removing a bunch again but if at that point you are flushing the fans are getting bad anyway.

Just be cautious.. they look good... keep it that way

FE

Stuff looks really good bro! Not much to say you are nailing it... ride the wave!!
You have come leaps and bounds... stay diligent!
:peace:
FE

Thanks Bro. I will and I really feel like I understand the hydro concepts just need experience with the cultivating techniques. That will come. :)
Looking great Bama. Those flowering girls are really starting to build those buds. The veg plants have really recovered over the last few weeks too. And you were worried about them..
:) I am still worried about them. I have to get in there today if I can. I want to top them and look closely at the Tut to see what her problem is. She is just a little lass. :)
Looking Good Bama :thumb:
Thanks CHH! Yours also look dreamy. Congrats on the Dela Haze.

I'd be careful when you harvest; you're likely to get a deforestation ticket ;)
No but seriously, those things are BAF (Big As FuXX)!!
Hats off to you sir. I can't wait to see what your final yields are.

:) Hehe I like that BAF. I really do need to raise the tent another 12 inches. I just have to wait until after this harvest. I have an extension kit but did not think that I would need it. I mean 7 feet is pretty tall. Now I am like I wish I had 10 feet. :) I really have no idea what my yields will be. I am thinking that 6 - 8 oz per plant is probably pretty conservative. Anybody with some experience is more than welcome to offer a guess. :) I know it will be a few long days of trimming at harvest. :)

6-8 is definitely possible if you are patient enough. The last week each plant could add 2 zips if it is healthy and in ideal situation. The tops will start to fill out so much you won't even be able to see the stocks at the top. Each strain is different of course but they have a lot of filling out to do....be patient and your yield will be major!

:peace:

FE

Thanks FE! I am not in a hurry. I flipped them when I did to try for a December 10th harvest. I am perfectly happy to chop earlier or later than that. I am thinking that the PPP will be done sooner than the other two. But who knows? One strain is 7 - 9 weeks, another is 8 weeks and the other is 60 days. Those are all pretty close to the same time but I think there will be some staggering of the chop. At least I hope! :)

BTW I am so happy for you about the chop for your PC. I can not wait to hear what you have to say about yield and more importantly about the smoke and taste and smell! congrats man.

Update day 32 of Flower

I am having a bit of trouble with the uploader so I may not be able to load my pics today. :(
I added a bunch of water yesterday and today. It was 8 gallons combined. That is incredible to me that they would need so much. I was checking to make sure I did not overflow any of the buckets but I did not. I was just like wow. I also added 50 mL of A/B base nutes and 30 mL of each of the supplements. The one thing I did not add was the Cal/Mag. I will add that tomorrow or Friday depending on what I am seeing in the plants.

I finally topped the veg tent. I took the tops off of all of them. The roots look really good on all of the plants. The plants are all in excellent health. I will change out their buckets this weekend. They should probably be changed every two to three weeks anyway. I am thinking that this will just be something that I do every two weeks. They are large enough to go into flower. If I had another flower tent I would flower them. I just do not have one nor do I have the space to set one up even if I wanted too. lol. So these will just continue to get bigger and bushier as we go forward.

I will probably regret having such a long veg time for the plant, but I can not really do anything about that at this time. I only have so much space to work with. I will just have to try to get really great at growing outdoor sized plants indoors. :)

Well the pics finally loaded. Enjoy! :)
2015-11-11_18_51_56.jpg
2015-11-11_18_51_47.jpg
2015-11-11_18_41_24.jpg
2015-11-11_18_41_30.jpg
2015-11-11_18_41_39.jpg
2015-11-11_18_41_47.jpg
2015-11-11_18_42_11.jpg
2015-11-11_18_42_17.jpg
2015-11-11_18_42_24.jpg

I tried to get some underneath the canopy shots and a couple of bucket shots. They did not come out great. I apologize but these were the best ones.

BTW, I stopped counting all of the tops coming up through the second screen early last week. My last count was 23 if I remember. I will get in there tomorrow and count again. I am also going to get in there with the tape measure again. That top screen is at the 50 inch mark and it looks like my tops are over 12 inches higher than the screen now. Also want to see how far down the buds go on the main stems and branches. It looks like a little more than 24 inches to me but I want to be sure. :) Anyway, hope everyone enjoys and is having a great week.

Big thank you to all my fellow Vets today. :)

Ok so this morning I was able to get in the tent for a minute. I checked the PPM and added 50 mL of Cal/Mag. It needs some more water but I did not have the time to fill the res. I was able to do a count of the tops at or above the screen. There were 53 tops. I also broke out the tape measure and they measured 6 - 12 inches above the screen for most of those tops. The tallest plants are coming in at 50 inches tall above the buckets. I do not know exactly how long those stems are because they are not straight up and down but feel confident in saying at least 5 foot long.

I also measured a couple of the biggest colas just so I can use that to compare on Sunday. I will measure the colas again one week later to get a sense of how much they have grown. I can say that just from my observation it is clear to me that they are growing at a nice pace day over day but I would like to have some real data to look at and compare in future grows. I will of course post those numbers up and what I think they mean so anybody who reads this can use it as a reference when they are growing. :) I know what numbers are important to me so I will post them for others who may also be interested in them. That is why I throw out my PPM and pH and how much water I am using. Those numbers will give some idea to the next grower who uses a very similar system to mine what they can expect. I know that two of the strains I have growing are very uncommon so the numbers on them are not going to help a lot of people. But if someone looks at this journal and is interested in the strains for themselves they can get a idea of what the plants will do in a dwc system. Or at least I hope they can. :)

Well the next big thing I have to get ready for is a change out of the buckets in the veg tent. They need fresh water and nutes. So I will update again when that is done. Let me say that the flower tent looks great! Smells great! and has me counting down the days. :)

Hey guys I have a couple of questions for the community. First is about some down turned leaves on a couple of tops. The leaf tips are curling. On most tops they are straight out and look pretty good. But on about three of them I have this curling. They are green and have plenty of crystals. This is just something that is bugging me and I am not sure if I should/can do something about it and what it would be that I could do. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Also I am thinking that I am 2 - 3 weeks from harvest. I am trying to get a sense of how much this tent is going to yield. If anyone has a thought or opinion on that I would really appreciate them sharing it. Thanks again for all of you guys being part of my grow.

2015-11-14_19_57_02.jpg
2015-11-14_19_57_16.jpg
2015-11-14_19_57_24.jpg
2015-11-14_19_57_31.jpg

Update day 37 of flower
Well I have not heard back from anyone about anything so I will just keep chugging along. The plants got a res dump today in the flowering tent. I refilled with 15 gallons of water and 100 mL of Sensi A/B and 50 mL of all the supplements. I did not add any cal/mag this time. I will wait to see if it is necessary. I went a little lite on the nutes because I am worried about some of the leaves showing def. I think it is an old nute burn from like three weeks ago but some of the leaves were just not pretty.

I took a leaf sample off of all three strains. I looked at it under the scope. Some (about half) of the trichs were developed to the stalk and ball structure. The rest were still in the development stage. All of them were clear. This was expected. I really just wanted to have a look at them under the scope because I have not had the chance to look at trichs at this stage of a grow.

The veg tent def. has a def in it. I will be spending a bit more time with those girls. I think some/most of the problem is that the bottom leaves are left over from the chop and I plan on just clipping them off. I will also be keeping a closer eye on the res PPM and pH. I do not need them to be perfect right now but just want them to survive and grow until they can go into flower.

Speaking of flowering, I am planning that the chop will be in the first week of Dec. I am just now starting to think that the plants will be finished then. However, that is not set in stone. I do not know for sure about anything but I am starting to think that I may understand a little bit about how the plants are growing now.

So anyway, here are some pics. As always, if you see something that needs attention or might be a problem please say something. :) Thanks
First up is the veg tent.
2015-11-16_18_15_01.jpg
2015-11-16_18_15_07.jpg

Next up are some cola shots. 1 of the Tut and 2 of the PPP and 1 of the WW.
2015-11-16_18_18_28.jpg
2015-11-16_18_18_36.jpg
2015-11-16_18_18_52.jpg
2015-11-16_18_19_02.jpg

Now a WW nug shot. Not a very good pic as I was trying to stretch over the top of some colas and take a down shot of a WW nug.
2015-11-16_18_19_10.jpg

Now this is a interior shot just to show some popcorn bud hanging out in the "bones" of the plant and under the canopy. :)
2015-11-16_18_19_24.jpg

I do plan on "Lolipoping" the plants this weekend. I was thinking of making some hash out of the leaves that I take when defoling it. They have a lot of trichs on them and their stems even though they are not sugar leaves. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea please let me know. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom