1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

Phew... just got done strangling my plants homer simpson style. They are getting their crap together and I feel that beating them is no longer necessary! New roots have appeared!!

thanks for the Clever info about using candle wax on the zipper.

Very nice results on your end of the grow chamber. Congrats to you Mr. LabRat for your flower tent success :bravo:

V

Thanks FE and Vlad for the compliments and good vibes! I am very happy with both tents at the moment. The veg tent is boring and just trying to get the clones to acclimate to their new home. Once they put out some new leaves and show me that they like the setup I will work some more on them.

Vlad, I loved your post about your plants! congrats on the roots and the returning health of them. GL with the new beans. I know I will be following them very closely! :)

Thanks FE and Vlad for the compliments and good vibes! I am very happy with both tents at the moment. The veg tent is boring and just trying to get the clones to acclimate to their new home. Once they put out some new leaves and show me that they like the setup I will work some more on them.

Vlad, I loved your post about your plants! congrats on the roots and the returning health of them. GL with the new beans. I know I will be following them very closely! :)

Thanks B
I didn't actually go ahead and start sprouting any new seeds. But I was on the verge of losing hope and patience with this grow taking off this month.

Growing your own is a stark contrast in the beginning from the old life of being a thrifty black market shopper.
I gave up buying bud to improve myself. It sure is a long road of trials and patience.

V

I think Bama is one of the trail blazers here, an uphill battle against all odds in order to reach the holy grail of cannabis growing that leaves the grower with whalloping sized DD buds that leave the competition with their jaws on the floor in awe.

Hey, Bama bought a lot, but I think he cherry picked only the best things.

There are crazy kits out there running $1000 and up which are all in one hydro solutions. But where's the challenge? DIY or go home we say.

I use coco in my net pots. It's great for starting seeds. But then the roots drop down into my DWC and it's a totally new game at that point.

Growing coco soil style is easy peasy, but when it comes harvest time, that's a lot of coco to recycle or just throw down the toilet. That's what's great about DWC. You have a system that needs little cleaning for the next grow to begin.

And looking at the roots is fun. You'd be surprised how taproots can reach pencil thickness and beyond. Pearly white or ivory is what we want.

The roots are your plants intestinal tract.

My 1st hydro attempt was utter crap, but my 2nd grow which finished a month ago was far ahead in terms of progress. I hope to nail it hard this grow

Vlad

EDIT. For those of us who have been getting high for decades, it's not just about having the duff around, it's about growing uber buds and being a king.

Nothing like having the humble servants around you begging for some kingdom weed in exchange for their slave wages and loyalty to the throne

Thanks B
I didn't actually go ahead and start sprouting any new seeds. But I was on the verge of losing hope and patience with this grow taking off this month.

Growing your own is a stark contrast in the beginning from the old life of being a thrifty black market shopper.
I gave up buying bud to improve myself. It sure is a long road of trials and patience.

V

Vlad I included a quote you made on this journal a month and a half ago. I was kinda down and frustrated with my grow and the lack of apparent veg growth. Someone had suggested I try coco or something and you piped up with this quote. It made me feel a lot better about my grow and helped me regain my confidence. You are having some issues with your grow. Pretty minor actually but it is starting to wear on your nerves I would guess. But remember the reason you are doing it and the fun of it as well. Your journals show a lot about your love of the plant, humor and heart. That is why I follow it. It is also very informative about other things like brewing and such.

Your girls will be great. That little purp is awesome. I know you will get it done. I loved your quote in the first one where you said growing is about uber buds and being a king. That is what this is about for me. I want to grow some seriously good dank sticky face melt and then go lord it over my circle of buddies. :) I will give them a taste and watch the doubters become believers. Then I shall horde the bounty and create a feeling of desperate longing in them. And then I shall be a generous friend and share the bounty! :) King Labrat, provider of chronic and hater of ditchweed! Kneel before Zod!!!!

Update day 20 of Flower:
I did not do an update yesterday. I was busy and well the tent looks great. So it is too early to go into the flower tent. Still lights out. But I was in the veg tent to check on the young'uns. They look pretty good. I checked to see if any roots were below the net pots. 7 of them are but one has not dropped any yet. I am hoping that will change in a day or so. Also in one bucket there looks to be some black on the roots. I am guessing that this is root rot? I have added some DM zone to the buckets and that should cure the rot. We will see. I took some pics of the veg tent. I will take some pics of the flower tent this evening. They had a Calmag def and I hope that it is gone now.

Here are the pics.
2015-10-30_07_17_34.jpg
2015-10-30_07_17_23.jpg
2015-10-30_07_17_14.jpg
2015-10-30_07_17_39.jpg
2015-10-30_07_17_54.jpg

Mr Bamalabrat the clones look great! congratulations m9 :thumb:

My grow is not wearing me down though, I have been busy digesting youtube videos about geocentric theory and how the ISS is really the International Pool station. :laugh:

There are no real pictures of satellites in space, and all photos of planets including our own from space are CGI.

happy ween day everybody
V:bongrip:

Happy Holloweed Ice! And to everyone else as well!
Today is also my Son's Birthday so the last couple of days and especially today have been busy trying to get ready for the fun and games. It was a very nice and fun party this year. He made out (lucky shit got a lot of the new Star Wars toys..I still have not gotten over Star Wars and have been playing with him and his toys for a couple of hours now :))

Quick word about the tents. I have not checked the buckets on the clones. They are alive and green so good enough for now. The flowering tent is going to be an awesome picture when I take some tomorrow and post. They are huge and lots of nugs growing in there. Serious there was only 12 tops above the 50" net 2 days ago now there are 20 with about 8 more that are very close to popping through. The nugs are all about pea size, a couple of the future colas are about the size of large beans now. So everything is awesome. Have to get ready to pass out candy and get the kids in their costumes.

Speaking of costumes I almost had my wife talked into wearing one this year. That is until I told her I wanted us to go with the "50 shades of Grey" them and showed her some of my favorite outfits that I would like to put her in. I had a good laugh until she slapped me. :(

update day 22 of Flower
Well, I did a res change today. The plants are looking great. I tied a couple of tops down and they are already pointing back up. I have some of the Tut tops at the 50" screen now. The WW are just tall and very massive underneath. There are bud sites all over the place. The PPP are very densely packed in there. I took some leaves from the plants. Only a few leaves and only ones that were covering up a bud site. Also at the base there were a lot of dead leaves that the plants were shedding. I cleaned them up as well. As soon as I am sure that the plants have stopped stretch I will do a bit more defol on them. Right now I am just not sure if giving them a defol before the end of stretch is a good idea.

The clones are looking nice. Nothing really to see so I did not take picks. They have new growth and are green so again good enough for them.

I took some pics of the flower tent. Hope you guys enjoy.
2015-11-01_10_19_20.jpg
2015-11-01_10_19_26.jpg
2015-11-01_10_19_34.jpg
2015-11-01_10_19_41.jpg
2015-11-01_10_19_49.jpg
2015-11-01_10_19_58.jpg
2015-11-01_11_29_26.jpg

*Houston?*
*yes Bama?*
*We are going to need a bigger tent*

:rofl:
I was thinking that I should have added two more buckets at the end of the tent. LOL. It should truly be a big harvest so long as I do not screw this up.

You'll be fine Bam :)
It's going to be a nice finish and worthy of a plant of the month submission no doubt!

V

May you be as adept at predicting the future as Nostradamus was! :)

Update day 23 of Flower
Well let me just start by saying that there is some more of that black crap in most of the buckets for the clones. I will get on them tomorrow morning. I will flush and clean the buckets and then add in some DM zone as well as nutes. The Tut does not have any black crap on it, but it is also the smallest plant. Most of the PPP are on the 4 or 5 set of new leaves and will need to be topped this week. I figure I have about 6 more weeks in the flower tent maybe less, so these guys will be the ones that get flowered. I do not think that I have enough time to go through another two week clone process and grow them to a good size before it is their turn in the flower tent. But we will see. It is hard for me to say for sure because this is all new to me. :)

Now the flower tent is nothing but sunshine and rainbows. Even the Tuts have tops over the 50" screen now. Almost 8 of them. The damn WW are going to have to be more aggressively tied down or they will touch the lights. The PPP's are about the most even of the bunch but that makes sense as they are in the middle of the light foot print. So they are just getting really nice. Lots and lots of bud sites and little baby nugs.

I do not know if the plants would normally have buds going down the stem so far or if this is the effect of Bud Ignitor. I used it like AN said to and I have bud sites and baby tops all the way down to the buckets. So not sure what to expect from those sites so far down but even if unfit for smoke they will go into the hash machine! :)

Now, all last week I would break out the loupe and have a look for some trichs. There were some but nothing to speak of. Now there is some sugar starting to become visible and this is only been happening for about 48 hours. Believe it or not right now it is the WW that looks the frostiest. It is very early days so I am not worried, but I am def looking forward to the coming sugar explosion! :)

I took some pics of everything but the roots of the clones. When I am working on them tomorrow I will take some pics. Enjoy and have a great week everyone. :)
2015-11-02_19_11_06.jpg
2015-11-02_19_11_16.jpg
2015-11-02_19_11_28.jpg
2015-11-02_19_11_59.jpg
2015-11-02_19_17_28.jpg
2015-11-02_19_17_33.jpg

Holy green batman -- you have some serious growth going on in there!! Nice work!

Picture request (yes I'm a pain in the ass, just ask my wife); if you remember I'd like to see a picture of the flower tent from afar (e.g. top-to-bottom). I'm trying to get my head around just how full that tent is.

I remember how you struggled in the beginning of this grow, and now all your hard work is paying dividends. Take a bow Bam!

Reps coming your way.

Holy green batman -- you have some serious growth going on in there!! Nice work!

Picture request (yes I'm a pain in the ass, just ask my wife); if you remember I'd like to see a picture of the flower tent from afar (e.g. top-to-bottom). I'm trying to get my head around just how full that tent is.

No problem Cogreen. I will try to get those pics for you today and have them posted this afternoon. Thanks for your kind words and good vibes! :)

I remember how you struggled in the beginning of this grow, and now all your hard work is paying dividends. Take a bow Bam!

Reps coming your way.

Thanks TheBlaze! I do remember lol :) It was a steep learning curve but worth it. Hydro is an interesting way of growing plants. Hopefully I will be able to do a hydro setup for my herb and vegetable garden one day. Anyway, I am very excited about what is going on in the tent. Lots and lots of good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom