1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

growing in dirt is dead to me, at least growing in dirt in the house.

i brought a baby avocado plant near my grow area. of course it was in soil, and accompanying that dirt were little critters!! :cough:

I love struggling with hydro, one day I will kick hydro's ass just like Bama did.

V

Ok so I am still changing out the buckets in the veg tent. Hauling water sucks and is heavy. I need to buy another 5 gallon water jug. :)
The roots washed off very nicely. There was just a bit of slime on the air lines but nothing bad. DM zone is now in effect on all of them. :) Also took their ppms up to 450 while I was at it.

Cogreen asked for some flower pics to get a sense of the whole tent. It is hard for me to do that as I can only step back so far and I am using my phone. I took the pics in three parts. The left side, right side and middle. I also got the tape measure out. I went from the top of the bucket to the top of the tallest WW. It is 4 feet and that does not count the whole length of that stem because it was trained a bit and is probably closer to 5.5 feet long. :) Now I also see that I have two panels of light out on the center light. This is unbelievable. I will have to turn that light in for repair or replacement. But not right now. It will have to wait until the end of flower. :(

Hope you like the pics. I will update this evening. :)
2015-11-03_07_59_50.jpg
2015-11-03_07_59_56.jpg
2015-11-03_08_00_00.jpg
2015-11-03_08_01_43.jpg
2015-11-03_11_54_20.jpg

Yes, yes they are. They are neither cheap or basic. They are very very good lamps. Look at how my plants grew. And remember it was only two weeks ago that I got the third one and well look at the results:
2015-11-03_08_00_00.jpg
2015-10-19_08_39_22.jpg

So yeah I am a little miffed that they went out. But I have no reservations at all with recommending these lights.

Could happen to any of them these days....Mass produced stuff... but advanced is good stuff... definitely
This is why I have my 600W as a veg light.. it really is a backup but I am also using it as a heater this time of year...lol

Lucky just one bank!
Things look really good Bro I am super Stoked for you... Thanks for sharing with us... You are persistent with your posting and straight up stuff...

Wait til the next one bro.. just wait..

FE

Beautiful Rat! Rocking those XMLs!

Hey spitz how are the 650's working for you? What do you reckon the foot print to be? I do not remember if you talked about it before or not. Thanks for those compliments.

Update day 25 in Flower
Sorry about not updating yesterday. Yesterday finished swapping out the buckets in the veg tent. Everything looks nice in there. I was worried I would have some nute burn as I took the ppms from 50 to 450. But so far no issues yet. Checked them just now and they are little mean green growing machines. :)

Flower tent is going apeshit. The plants are still getting tall. I have been tieing down tops and they turn back up in a couple of hours. So that is good. But like a lot of tops are getting tall still. This is three and a half weeks after the flip. They won't stop. Sure it is not 2 inches a day but hell even .5 to 1 inch is a lot when I only have 10 - 15 inches from the light to the top. All plants are now putting on the frosting. I can see it with my bare eyes now. It is also on the fan leaves at the top. I will be trimming the girls up starting tomorrow. As there will be a lot of stuff to trim I will be taking a few days to do this. I will try not to take anything too important. :) The plants are self defoling a lot right now. So I will go in and help them down low. Not sure how much I will take at the top. Probably nothing. It will depend on how they look.

No pics. The buds are all over the place and they are getting bigger. The stems and branches are getting bigger. Oh the buds are also getting to be the size of grapes on the biggest ones. :) Does not stink to bad yet. But that could be more about the carbon filter than anything else.

I am very pleased with the tents at the moment.

Ok I have not added any water or nutes since the res change. My ppms are at 1090 and the ph is about 5.5. That seems low on the pH but this is the pH perfect line so I will not do anything yet. I am going to see what the PPM's get to by Saturday. I am trying my best to follow the feed chart, but it is hard for me not to go in there and add a splash of this or that to keep the PPM's high. I realize that I probably should not have been doing that before, but it was working so well late into vegging that I keep doing it during flowering and now the flowering is going so well I kinda hate to change what I am doing. But this will be interesting to see as well. I do plan on adding some water tomorrow and probably again on Friday. That will lower the PPM's but I do not want to screw up.

Ok so this was a long post. Sorry for that. Hope all is well in everyone's garden.

Update day 25 in Flower
Sorry about not updating yesterday. Yesterday finished swapping out the buckets in the veg tent. Everything looks nice in there. I was worried I would have some nute burn as I took the ppms from 50 to 450. But so far no issues yet. Checked them just now and they are little mean green growing machines. :)

Flower tent is going apeshit. The plants are still getting tall. I have been tieing down tops and they turn back up in a couple of hours. So that is good. But like a lot of tops are getting tall still. This is three and a half weeks after the flip. They won't stop. Sure it is not 2 inches a day but hell even .5 to 1 inch is a lot when I only have 10 - 15 inches from the light to the top. All plants are now putting on the frosting. I can see it with my bare eyes now. It is also on the fan leaves at the top. I will be trimming the girls up starting tomorrow. As there will be a lot of stuff to trim I will be taking a few days to do this. I will try not to take anything too important. :) The plants are self defoling a lot right now. So I will go in and help them down low. Not sure how much I will take at the top. Probably nothing. It will depend on how they look.

No pics. The buds are all over the place and they are getting bigger. The stems and branches are getting bigger. Oh the buds are also getting to be the size of grapes on the biggest ones. :) Does not stink to bad yet. But that could be more about the carbon filter than anything else.

I am very pleased with the tents at the moment.

Ok I have not added any water or nutes since the res change. My ppms are at 1090 and the ph is about 5.5. That seems low on the pH but this is the pH perfect line so I will not do anything yet. I am going to see what the PPM's get to by Saturday. I am trying my best to follow the feed chart, but it is hard for me not to go in there and add a splash of this or that to keep the PPM's high. I realize that I probably should not have been doing that before, but it was working so well late into vegging that I keep doing it during flowering and now the flowering is going so well I kinda hate to change what I am doing. But this will be interesting to see as well. I do plan on adding some water tomorrow and probably again on Friday. That will lower the PPM's but I do not want to screw up.

Ok so this was a long post. Sorry for that. Hope all is well in everyone's garden.

Your doing great keep it up.. Flower you need to be more delicate... But with LED's you will need lots of cal mag still so... I would put some in with the nute change then add a splash half way before fresh nutes again... Top off with straight ph'd water when ever and as often as you like.. keep track how much water added or just do scheduled swaps. I do 10 days on a single plant in my tubs and weekly is the plan for 2 per tub...

Adding stuff all the time is not great but i do the cal mag trick and still monitor PPM's. Cal mag can spike it as well so small dose should be good...

Things are very positive .. keep it that way ;)

FE

Hey spitz how are the 650's working for you? What do you reckon the foot print to be? I do not remember if you talked about it before or not. Thanks for those compliments.

I love my 650! It covers a 4x4 pretty well. My issue is with my lack of attention to the soil environment. I just don't feed or flush enough. My Coco plant is healthy, fat, and really throwing out buds. If the final product is potent and tasty, I may never put a plant in soil again. If I find a mentor or 2, I may even make a DWC run. I'm absolutely loving this grow! I can't wait until you finally look in your veg tent and say "holy shit! WTF am I going to do with this forest". Lol

Update 26 day of Flower
Well I started an epic defol today. I was only at it for an hour this morning before I had to stop. This was the first time I got low and into the interior of the plant in a few weeks. There was so many leaves that were dead or dieing down in there. So I was pulling them out and then started trimming from the buckets up. I also took any big fan leaves that were covering any bud sites. I did this all the way up until the third node from the top. On the first two buckets this allowed light to get down to the bucket. Not a lot and I am doubtful that it will grow anything that far down. That was not really the point. The point was to get the dead leaves out of there, to concentrate the plants energy to the canopy, and to improve airflow and decrease the risk of mold. Another point of doing this was to make sure that all of the bud sites in the top 18 inches or so are getting some light. I think it was a success. They are more open now and still have a lot of leaves. They are not bare stems by no means. :)

I was only able to get two buckets done and I broke two branches while doing this. One had to get tossed the other is still attached and only slightly broken. I am hopeful that it will recover and still produce some nugs. I will be keeping an eye on it. I started on another bucket but did not get far into it before stopping. This is a very difficult process and as I am trying to figure out what to take and what to leave it is a bit intimidating as well. Nothing to it but to do it and hopefully learn. I know this is a bit of a controversial subject, but the plant will produce non productive branches and leaves when it has food and light so it can use them later. Well I will continue to provide food and light to it so the leaves that I take as well as the low lying branches are unnecessary but the plant does not know this. This is why growers have to cultivate them. We know that buds will grow bigger when they are getting light but are hesitant to cut leaves because of how important they are to the plant on several levels. I will say this to anyone that is on the fence about defoling; Take any leaves that are covering up bud sites even if you do not want to take anything else.

Veg tent is going strong. Only two plants look like they are still in a bit of shock from Tuesday. Just have to give them time. I would spend more time with them and such if it was not such a pain in the ass to use the zippers on the tent. That is another thing about this tent that I hate. Because it is so difficult to use I am not spending as much time as I should on the plants in there. I am going to get another tent next year to replace this one. First thing I will do when I am shopping again for my grow.

The other plants look great. 6 of them are getting rather tall. I am going to top them sometime soon. I will take some pics this evening if I have time and show my defol and the top of the canopy. You guys will not believe how many tops are through the 50" screen now. I really hope they are done stretching and now fully into the bud production phase. I also will need to add some water to them and check what my numbers are. Lots to do. :)

I love my 650! It covers a 4x4 pretty well. My issue is with my lack of attention to the soil environment. I just don't feed or flush enough. My Coco plant is healthy, fat, and really throwing out buds. If the final product is potent and tasty, I may never put a plant in soil again. If I find a mentor or 2, I may even make a DWC run. I'm absolutely loving this grow! I can't wait until you finally look in your veg tent and say "holy shit! WTF am I going to do with this forest". Lol
Thanks for the feedback on the 650. I would recommend a DWC run if you can put in the time to learn your system. There are so many out there and the one I am using is really a RDWC. I like it but as you saw it took me about 5 weeks to learn how to use it. But now it is really really easy. :) I am glad you love the grow! I do too! I am kinda ready for the harvest now but I know it will be another 4 - 5 weeks. The veg tent is under T5 lights so I am thinking that they will not grow like they did under the LEDs. But who knows? :) I would like to have very squat bushy plants when it comes time to throw them into the flower tent. :)

Your flowering tent sounds as if it's exploding, Bram! Sounds as if the tents are working really well for you :) Have a great day!

The flowering tent is exploding. They are but the veg tent is a major disappointment. I wish I had spent the money and got a great tent in the beginning. Have a great day as well! :)

Back
Top Bottom